5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

PMantle

Reaction score
I am never going to enjoy my truck now that I am unsure about my speaker phase.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it’s not Done for ANC then?
It is believed that it is done for the ANC. I just don't think the inner workings of it have been figured out. The front left dash speaker is the one used for chimes/alerts etc and the thought is that is why that one stays in phase.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you go about determining which speakers were out of phase?
I used the speaker pop app for iphone/ipad, and another for android that I can't remember the name of. Many other owners here have confirmed the same findings with the Alpine system.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the speaker pop app for iphone/ipad, and another for android that I can't remember the name of. Many other owners here have confirmed the same findings with the Alpine system.
All I know is that I just finally had a chance to pop in the two outside dash speakers. with kickers..WOW...huge improvement (correct polarity or not)...If anyone has an extra kicker or infinity with wiring harness they want to sell let me know. Thanks

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I know is that I just finally had a chance to pop in the two outside dash speakers. with kickers..WOW...huge improvement (correct polarity or not)...If anyone has an extra kicker or infinity with wiring harness they want to sell let me know. Thanks
They make a big difference. I put JBL GX302s in mine and love them.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I might lose my welcome here if I keep posting on this thread ... Okay, last time ;-) When I first saw this thread, I wasn't even sure I had corner dash speakers. Since I couldn't recall actually ever hearing them, I had to go to my truck to verify they were there. I ordered the Kickers, popped them in ... Voila! Made a ton of difference in my 6-speaker base system, for a very modest amount of $$. If only all mods could be that way!

Evilemokid94

Reaction score
Does anyone have a walk through in replacing the door speakers. Iv done something before but taking the door panel off my brand new truck worries me.

Neglakayo

Reaction score

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have a walk through in replacing the door speakers. Iv done something before but taking the door panel off my brand new truck worries me.

Here you go! Just did mine tonight using this video. It’s nerve wracking at first but by the 4th door you’ll
Master it. Key point of this video the door panel does not need to be disconnected from the truck, just pop it off and lean it on the door using a chair

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I wasn't going to do the center dash because the outer ones made such a huge difference but changed my mind LOL and ordered another pair of the Kicker 46CSC354 3.5in.

If anyone needs a center speaker message me as Ill be looking to sell the other with the wiring harness.

Neglakayo

Reaction score
So I wasn't going to do the center dash because the outer ones made such a huge difference but changed my mind LOL and ordered another pair of the Kicker 46CSC354 3.5in.

If anyone needs a center speaker message me as Ill be looking to sell the other with the wiring harness.

Looking for a center channel speaker and would be willing to buy your spare. how much + shipping to GA.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup...I’ll give you the harness too...takes literally 5 minutes to swap out...it’s the easiest one on the dash

Users who are viewing this thread