5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Using the CD player is probably the best way to illustrate the change, good call. ”Bad Stone” will be getting some listens later today, I think.

Oof.. I may actually.. need to put a book of CDs back in the car. :LOL:

Been singing along to “Comin’ Back”. Such a great album .

Don’t laugh, I have one of those visor CD holders. I probably blind oncoming drivers with the reflection, but I need my fidelity!

Isopure24

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all your contributions. Ordered my Infinity 3032 from CF and will replace the 3 dashes on my HK system this Wednesday. If the gains are substantial I will definitely dig into the bigger door speakers as well.

I will have an extra Infinity speaker + metra to sell if anyone is looking.

smankins

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all your contributions. Ordered my Infinity 3032 from CF and will replace the 3 dashes on my HK system this Wednesday. If the gains are substantial I will definitely dig into the bigger door speakers as well.

I will have an extra Infinity speaker + metra to sell if anyone is looking.
Will replacing the front door speakers on an Alpine system be an improvement? Just wondering since all I hear from my front door speakers are low frequency notes - not much of anything else. I thought I read that is the way it is for the Alpine system from the amplifier under the seat. Is there a way to change that or best to leave it alone? I already replaced the dash speakers. Thanks.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will replacing the front door speakers on an Alpine system be an improvement? Just wondering since all I hear from my front door speakers are low frequency notes - not much of anything else. I thought I read that is the way it is for the Alpine system from the amplifier under the seat. Is there a way to change that or best to leave it alone? I already replaced the dash speakers. Thanks.
Front doors in the Alpine system are bass only. No way to change it except for running them off an aftermarket amp using a full signal. It is worth it to replace them though. The stock speakers are junk and just about anything should be able to give better bass. Add some sound deadener when you do it.

smankins

Reaction score
ksn240 - Thanks for the info. I guess I will wait a while since all I would gain is more bass. I'm a little cautious about removing my door panels - I might mess something up.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
ksn240 - Thanks for the info. I guess I will wait a while since all I would gain is more bass. I'm a little cautious about removing my door panels - I might mess something up.
Worst that can happen is breaking clips, which are easy to replace. That being said, panels are prob a huge pain in the A$$ to remove...

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The panels aren’t that bad to remove. Start at the bottom outside corner. I just used my fingers instead of a pry tool. You gotta pull pretty hard but once the first one or two are out then the rest go easy.

Lungs414

Reaction score
The panels aren’t that bad to remove. Start at the bottom outside corner. I just used my fingers instead of a pry tool. You gotta pull pretty hard but once the first one or two are out then the rest go easy.
Exactly. Once the first one pops, I used a quick forceful pull and the rest were easy. When putting back I squeezed the top with the window down and felt and heard it snap back together.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just replaced the three front speakers with the Infinity’s and there’s definitely an improvement in sound clarity. I may take a crack at the headliners next and then the doors. Has anyone replaced just the speaker in the sub as I imagine it’s also a piece of junk like the other ones are.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just replaced the three front speakers with the Infinity’s and there’s definitely an improvement in sound clarity. I may take a crack at the headliners next and then the doors. Has anyone replaced just the speaker in the sub as I imagine it’s also a piece of junk like the other ones are.
Interested in the sub as well. Watching this closely.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The subwoofer is junk. However, there is no direct replacement for the Alpine. It is a triple voice coil sub with each voice coil running off a separate channel. The closest you could get is a dual voice coil sub but you will lose a whole channel of power. About 50 watts. Other people have replaced it and verified it’s not enough power without the third channel

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The subwoofer is junk. However, there is no direct replacement for the Alpine. It is a triple voice coil sub with each voice coil running off a separate channel. The closest you could get is a dual voice coil sub but you will lose a whole channel of power. About 50 watts. Other people have replaced it and verified it’s not enough power without the third channel
Thanks for this info.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the HK so does that change things any?
Found answer in another thread and it states the HK is single coil.

Last edited:

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
Just added the Kicker 44KSC3504 to the front corners - impressive! What a huge difference. Crutchfield included the connectors for free. Had to adjust the fade to the rear a bit to compensate. Backed off the bass and treble with the EQ. Best $40 spent on the truck thus far. Will be replacing the others as I go. Clarity is way way way better. Play Blake Shelton's new song on it before and then after. Unbelievable difference.

Mine are rattling when I get the volume above position 17 with the bass tuned to max. Are yours?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally replaced my dash speakers today. Those factory speakers were some lightweight junk...

Attachments

• CD7DC391-08E3-4A5C-BBB5-5438DB9CE67F.jpeg
    CD7DC391-08E3-4A5C-BBB5-5438DB9CE67F.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 535ECBAE-1A0C-441B-9C72-A19158AF0D31.jpeg
    535ECBAE-1A0C-441B-9C72-A19158AF0D31.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 155
  • E531907A-5405-4CF4-A7D3-3316885590B0.jpeg
    E531907A-5405-4CF4-A7D3-3316885590B0.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 150

Boa24

Reaction score
I just swapped my 3 dash speakers out with Infinity 3032. Major improvement.

Attachments

• 20191226_093225.jpg
    20191226_093225.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 20191226_093240.jpg
    20191226_093240.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

STATIC3o5

Reaction score
I just swapped my 3 dash speakers out with Infinity 3032. Major improvement.

I have an extra speaker and adapter for sale if anyone is interested.

Pm with a price, might be interested.

renzo2213

Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the dash speakers? I have a slight rattle coming from the left one almost as if it’s blown, but it’s not. Just certain frequencies make it rattle, even at low volume. I have the HK system if anyone has that problem as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the dash speakers? I have a slight rattle coming from the left one almost as if it’s blown, but it’s not. Just certain frequencies make it rattle, even at low volume. I have the HK system if anyone has that problem as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slightly less complicated than flossing your teeth.One thing that is helpful is an angle screwdriver since the windshield makes getting a bit in there tight. Sounds like you might have a loose clip or something like that. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread