5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Installed my Infinity 3032cfx’s, quite pleased. Did all three up front, and didnt bother to check the polarity, but after they were all in, I isolated each speaker and slowly faded across the front. Either the polarities were all ok, or they were all backwards, but everything sounded good to me! :LOL:

Also turns out my shortass screwdriver was still too long to get at those dang screws, and i didnt feel like running out to buy a 1/4 ratchet set.. so i had to make a makeshift ’non-ratcheting ratchet’ out of a 1/4” wrench, a phillips bit and some electrical tape to hold it in place. Worked like a charm! A wise man once told me that if women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy. ;)

So, I also have a single Infinity 3032cfx with a Metra 72-7902 harness (actually, a pair of harnesses) I can ship out for someone. Drop me a pm if you're so inclined.
Agree with the 3032s. I also replaced all three on the dash, and the sound is night and day from the factory Chinese crap they come with.

drstein

Reaction score
Installed my Infinity 3032cfx’s, quite pleased. Did all three up front, and didnt bother to check the polarity, but after they were all in, I isolated each speaker and slowly faded across the front. Either the polarities were all ok, or they were all backwards, but everything sounded good to me! :LOL:

Also turns out my shortass screwdriver was still too long to get at those dang screws, and i didnt feel like running out to buy a 1/4 ratchet set.. so i had to make a makeshift ’non-ratcheting ratchet’ out of a 1/4” wrench, a phillips bit and some electrical tape to hold it in place. Worked like a charm! A wise man once told me that if women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy. ;)

So, I also have a single Infinity 3032cfx with a Metra 72-7902 harness (actually, a pair of harnesses) I can ship out for someone. Drop me a pm if you're so inclined.

All 3 AND a Red Green reference, thank you, miss Red.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Did anyone replace upper front door speaker on the HK?

Last edited:

jabara572

Reaction score
Way too much going on in this thread and I just simply do not have time to sort through it all...

My build sheet just says "6-speakers" so guessing that these are just stock cheapies and not HK or Alpine. Have not poped off covers to see if HK. And Don't recall Alpine on the grille for center speaker.

Also, if its 6 speakers... does that center grille even have a speaker? because that would be the 2 dash, and 1 in each door?

I actually think the speakers sound fine, but I am looking for upgrades under 100, 200, and 300 for family / wife to get my for christmas.

Without going on crutchfield and picking blindly, can anyone give me the top combinations and any install hardware needed for our trucks? Thanks!

There is no center speaker (or even a wire harness for one) in the center for the 6 speaker system, ask me how I know.

JoshFink

Reaction score
This has been an interesting read to say the least. Thinking about changing out the front 3 as well as the doors in my HK 19 on my 2020 Ram.

Could someone verify that I read all the threads correctly and the parts I'm ordering will work?
Front 3 : Infinity 3022 or 3032 (seems to be the same other than the 3032 are the newer model year 3022)
Front 3 : Metra 72-7902
Door 2 : Infinity 9623ix
Door 2 : Metra 72-6514 or 71-050 (I saw both mentioned and couldn't discern which was correct).

Thanks for the help

zachary.rojas

Reaction score
Door 2 : Metra 72-6514 or 71-050 (I saw both mentioned and couldn't discern which was correct).

From what I gathered, the only difference between the 72-6514 and 71-050 is the polarity. The 6514 you'll want to swap the polarity and the 050 is the correct polarity. The connector itself is right in both.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

rsuazo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. On the new, 5th gens, front doors speakers...
1. Is the tweeter tied to the base speaker lower on the door? Ie. - is the whole door a component set? Wondering if I buy a component system for the door, if it's a 1-to-1 replacement for the whole door and the two speakers are tied together as one unit. Or is the tweeter wired to the receiver/amp separately?
2. Anyone found a better tweeter that will fit on the front door behind the factory grill (not need outside mount? Is it worth it?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Last edited:

jabara572

Reaction score
My kickers start to clip and pop over volume 26, watching them with the covers removed they are being driven VERY hard on bass. I'm gonna need to install some bass blockers or just wait till I amp the whole thing

Subsea_Ninja

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Infinity Kappa's? I know they are a little more, but I used to have kappa's in previous vehicles and really like the sound.

CharlieP

Reaction score
Did my install of the three Front speakers yesterday went with the Infinity Ref 3032cfx. Install was super easy and sound is great, Ram should be ashamed with the original speakers what trash and they charge 4K for the HK and the 12" screen--OUCH--

JoshFink

Reaction score
I'm going to read through all of these posts one more time. I thought I saw it but the search isn't bringing anything up. I wanted to ask just in case.

I swapped out the front 3 speakers on my 2020 HK system with Infinity 3032cfx. They sound great. Now I'm thinking about changing out the speakers in the doors. Do I need to pull the whole door panel off or am I doing something wrong and the speaker cover should just pop off like the ones on the dash?

What is everyone using for the 6x9's in the doors?

Thanks for the help

ChPeter

Reaction score
... Do I need to pull the whole door panel off or am I doing something wrong and the speaker cover should just pop off like the ones on the dash?

Unfortunately, the entire door panel need to be removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep.
That was my thinking also. With the three 3032s, my truck sounds amazing as is.

Cheers,
So you’re also in the camp that these are a good improvement over the stock HK? I’ve had them sitting in my cart at Crutchfield for a bit but keep waffling whether it’s a worth doing.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So you’re also in the camp that these are a good improvement over the stock HK? I’ve had them sitting in my cart at Crutchfield for a bit but keep waffling whether it’s a worth doing.
Oh yeah, incredible difference.
I have the Alpine system, but believe both systems have crap speakers to begin with.

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
I'm going to read through all of these posts one more time. I thought I saw it but the search isn't bringing anything up. I wanted to ask just in case.

I swapped out the front 3 speakers on my 2020 HK system with Infinity 3032cfx. They sound great. Now I'm thinking about changing out the speakers in the doors. Do I need to pull the whole door panel off or am I doing something wrong and the speaker cover should just pop off like the ones on the dash?

What is everyone using for the 6x9's in the doors?

Thanks for the help
The whole door panel has to come off. I put 6.5” Kickers in my doors that I already had.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was supposed to get my 12” upgrade installed this weekend, but time didn’t work out. I did however put in the Kicker upgrades to my dash corners. Holy smokes I actually have crisp sharp highs now! For under $40 and less than half an hour of work I’m amazed at the result!

I pulled out my old Crystal Method “Vegas” CD (yes, physical media!) as my test. I think it’s my favorite again after 20 years.

Thanks OP for this great thread and awesome upgrade suggestion :giggle:

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
I pulled out my old Crystal Method “Vegas” CD (yes, physical media!) as my test. I think it’s my favorite again after 20 years.
Using the CD player is probably the best way to illustrate the change, good call. ”Bad Stone” will be getting some listens later today, I think.

Oof.. I may actually.. need to put a book of CDs back in the car. :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread