5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

Lungs414

Reaction score
Discovered two new things today:

1. Changing out the center dash speaker makes everything come alive. I was a bit underwhelmed with changing out the corner dash speakers on an HK system to the Infinity 3032s but I just changed the center dash speaker today. That (along with the corners already done) makes more difference than stock to just the corner upgrade. My test drive turned into almost an hour as I just couldn't stop smiling at how amazing it sounded. If you've only done the corners, I highly recommend you upgrade the center - if you have one.
2. Before I put everything back together (ANC/polarity check) I ran the system and played with surround on/off. Much to my surprise the center dash speaker plays even with surround turned off. Based on this, I don't think turning surround off = true stereo. I think it's just another DSP mode. I didn't listen with surround off much but I think upgrading your center speaker makes non-surround sound better too.
Did you use the same infinity speaker for the center?

Big2019Ram

Reaction score
Replacing the dash speakers is cheap, super easy and will make a huge difference to the sound. There's no reason why everyone shouldn't be replacing them. The stock speaker is crap with a tiny magnet.
What was the center speaker size?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone replacing the two back headliner speakers along with the three in the dash. I’ve read most of the posts but didn’t really see anyone doing the back headliner ones. It sucks they all seem to be sold in pairs as I’d wind up with one unneeded speaker.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Crutchfield has the infinity ref. On sale just picked up two sets for $89. $101.95 total when done checking out. Had them in cart was going to pull the trigger last night but didn’t want to pay $178 for 2 sets. Woke up this morning looked at the checkout and saw they went half off so I Bought them Offer ends Dec. 2

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone replacing the two back headliner speakers along with the three in the dash. I’ve read most of the posts but didn’t really see anyone doing the back headliner ones. It sucks they all seem to be sold in pairs as I’d wind up with one unneeded speaker.
I replaced my headliner speakers with the JBL GX302s. The grills are a pain to get off but they sound much better. My kids actually say it’s too loud back there now so I have it faded slightly toward the front.

popcenator

Reaction score
I replaced mine as well. They don't have as much of an impact as the fronts do from the drivers standpoint, but I do think they compliment the total upgrade well. I really enjoy the music now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Woke up this morning looked at the checkout and saw they went half off so I Bought them Offer ends Dec. 2
Thanks for this, I picked up the same, but mine was $99 as it looked like I was only getting one pair of free harnesses, so I added another pair. I guess we’ll see if I actually end up with three sets of harnesses..

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Same metra adapter too.
So definitely a step up from the HK and worth doing? I’ll likely order 3 pairs so I can do the 3 front and 2 headliners and then see about the others after that.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So definitely a step up from the HK and worth doing? I’ll likely order 3 pairs so I can do the 3 front and 2 headliners and then see about the others after that.

It's not as noticeable as some of the Apline owners are describing, but yes, it is a noticeable upgrade if you can discern audio differences. I found it a worthwhile upgrade for the money.

Lungs414

Reaction score
So what is the final thoughts on possible polarity differences. Do we keep as wired from factory or use battery and correct possible polarity issues?
Thanks

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
Crutchfield has the infinity ref. On sale just picked up two sets for $89. $101.95 total when done checking out. Had them in cart was going to pull the trigger last night but didn’t want to pay $178 for 2 sets. Woke up this morning looked at the checkout and saw they went half off so I Bought them Offer ends Dec. 2
Do you want to sell the extra one from doing the center speaker?

JasonB

Reaction score
I changed all my alpine speakers to Kickers, 4
Doors and the 5 cab, added a ANC delete harness and it sounds really good. Better clarity and bass than the Alpine speakers. I also checked polarity on all the speakers before and after installing... only one speaker was in the right polarity. Cut and spliced the lines on the harnesses. Used speaker pop app to check the polarity.

531F6254-D7B0-4BB5-B356-618C880B39DB.jpeg

ChPeter

Reaction score
Did anyone buy speakers to do the center one and have a spare they want to sell?

Hi, I will have an Infinity 3032fx available around the end of the month. Brand new, just ordered it, but can’t get my hands on it because of work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
Hi, I will have an Infinity 3032fx available around the end of the month. Brand new, just ordered it, but can’t get my hands on it because of work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent you a message.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Installed my Infinity 3032cfx’s, quite pleased. Did all three up front, and didnt bother to check the polarity, but after they were all in, I isolated each speaker and slowly faded across the front. Either the polarities were all ok, or they were all backwards, but everything sounded good to me! :LOL:

Also turns out my shortass screwdriver was still too long to get at those dang screws, and i didnt feel like running out to buy a 1/4 ratchet set.. so i had to make a makeshift ’non-ratcheting ratchet’ out of a 1/4” wrench, a phillips bit and some electrical tape to hold it in place. Worked like a charm! A wise man once told me that if women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy. ;)

So, I also have a single Infinity 3032cfx with a Metra 72-7902 harness (actually, a pair of harnesses) I can ship out for someone. Drop me a pm if you're so inclined. sold

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread