5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to turn signals in 2023 MY?

rick619

Reaction score
Same problem here with my '23. If I make a normal turn (left turn) it usually doesn't shut off. If I make a more drastic turn, it will turn off. Figured I'll wait until it's ready for it's first oil change to take it to the dealer. Though I feel like they're going to tell me it's normal or that they can't reproduce the problem. We'll see. At least I have many dealers to choose from in the area. Probably 5 dealers within 30 minutes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same problem here with my '23. If I make a normal turn (left turn) it usually doesn't shut off. If I make a more drastic turn, it will turn off. Figured I'll wait until it's ready for it's first oil change to take it to the dealer. Though I feel like they're going to tell me it's normal or that they can't reproduce the problem. We'll see. At least I have many dealers to choose from in the area. Probably 5 dealers within 30 minutes.
There is a recall for the turn signals stalk.

snedjb

Reaction score
I just wanted to add my 2023 blinker stock seems to be defective from the factory. I did notice it was difficult to just bump to get the three flashes for changing lanes without activating the detent and having it stay on. Additionally when I use my left turn signal it does not cancel after the turn, it sticks and I have to manually push it back to center every time. I wonder if they're having quality issues with the 2023 turn signal stocks.

I'm going to have them take a look at it the next time I drop it off for service.

Not a major issue but something to complain about.
Did you ever happen to get a resolution to this? I have the same issue on my 2023 1500 Limited. I found another forum for TRX's that seem to mention a recall notice NHTSA Campaign Number 23V799000, but when I searched my VIN on the NHTSA site it did not return any hits. Have not gone to dealer yet, but frustrated nonetheless as this was a lot of money for a truck. Got the truck in August 2023, noticed problem early on, within a few thousand miles, but was inconsistent-- seems to have gotten worse over last few months. Still under 10k on the odometer now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever happen to get a resolution to this? I have the same issue on my 2023 1500 Limited. I found another forum for TRX's that seem to mention a recall notice NHTSA Campaign Number 23V799000, but when I searched my VIN on the NHTSA site it did not return any hits. Have not gone to dealer yet, but frustrated nonetheless as this was a lot of money for a truck. Got the truck in August 2023, noticed problem early on, within a few thousand miles, but was inconsistent-- seems to have gotten worse over last few months. Still under 10k on the odometer now.
You are still under factory warranty, not sure why the hesitation to take it to the dealer for repair. Even if there isn't a recall

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are still under factory warranty, not sure why the hesitation to take it to the dealer for repair. Even if there isn't a recall
Some people need online reassurance. The amount of people that say "I see it on a forum and its common", is absolutely crazy.

Jmac509

Reaction score

Yes, I took it to the dealer and mentioned it and they replaced the blinker switch and clock spring with zero hesitation. I also had my blower motor start to make a growling noise when i turned my AC on high and took it back to the dealer a second time where they put in a new fan motor assembly with no issues as well.

Having anything go wrong with the truck is annoying but those two issues were resolved without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread