5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to turn signals in 2023 MY?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced a perceived change in the turn signal behavior going from a 21 or earlier truck to a 23? I keep telling myself I am imagining it and need to figure out exactly what my issue is but on the 23 I am frequently noticing the turn signal stays in after a lane change. In my 21 I could do a light press of the stalk for a lane change and the signal would activate for a short time and go off or I could push all the way down for an actual turn and the signal turns off after the wheels come back to straight. In the 23 it seems like the only way to use the signal that doesn't require a full 90° turn to shut it off is to lightly hold the stalk while changing lanes.

Jmac509

Reaction score
I just wanted to add my 2023 blinker stock seems to be defective from the factory. I did notice it was difficult to just bump to get the three flashes for changing lanes without activating the detent and having it stay on. Additionally when I use my left turn signal it does not cancel after the turn, it sticks and I have to manually push it back to center every time. I wonder if they're having quality issues with the 2023 turn signal stocks.

I'm going to have them take a look at it the next time I drop it off for service.

Not a major issue but something to complain about.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
On my 2020, if I do a partial down/up on the turn signal level, the turn signals turn on for 3 flashes. If I do a full down/up, they stay on when changing lanes until I turn them off. So, no they do not turn off until you make a longer turn of the steering wheel. Your '23 works as all past trucks do.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
On my 2020, if I do a partial down/up on the turn signal level, the turn signals turn on for 3 flashes. If I do a full down/up, they stay on when changing lanes until I turn them off. So, no they do not turn off until you make a longer turn of the steering wheel. Your '23 works as all past trucks do.
He's saying that his '23 doesn't do the 3 flashes thing like your '20 does. At least that's how I took it. That would annoy me because I use that feature a lot more than pushing it past the detent.

vincentw56

Reaction score
He's saying that his '23 doesn't do the 3 flashes thing like your '20 does. At least that's how I took it. That would annoy me because I use that feature a lot more than pushing it past the detent.
Well, it was very hard to read since it wasn't written well. But I didn't see any mention of it not doing the 3 flashes.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, it was very hard to read since it wasn't written well. But I didn't see any mention of it not doing the 3 flashes.
In this sentence he talks about it, but he didn't specifically say three flashes...
"In my 21 I could do a light press of the stalk for a lane change and the signal would activate for a short time and go off or I could push all the way down for an actual turn and the signal turns off after the wheels come back to straight."

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will fully admit it is a poorly written post! I can confirm as you and @mikeru82 have discussed my experience has been that it doesn't perform the 3 flashes for a lane change with a light press of the stalk/lever. I'll have to do some more intentional experimenting but something seems to be different than my 19 and 21 which performed as you are describing.

bucolic

Reaction score
I checked the 2023 owners manual to see if a setting was added (I have a Hyundai Santa Cruz, and you can disable this or set 3,5 or 7 flashes on a short press)

I didn't see any settings for it, but it does seem funny it says "Lane Change Assist - If Equipped". Is it possible it isn't on all trims? It would be strange but who the heck knows! Maybe chip issues?

Link to the manual that I got this from:

1690299927501.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will fully admit it is a poorly written post! I can confirm as you and @mikeru82 have discussed my experience has been that it doesn't perform the 3 flashes for a lane change with a light press of the stalk/lever. I'll have to do some more intentional experimenting but something seems to be different than my 19 and 21 which performed as you are describing.
You can probably use Jscan or alfaObd to turn it on. Might have been a check mark that got missed at factory

vincentw56

Reaction score
I checked the 2023 owners manual to see if a setting was added (I have a Hyundai Santa Cruz, and you can disable this or set 3,5 or 7 flashes on a short press)

I didn't see any settings for it, but it does seem funny it says "Lane Change Assist - If Equipped". Is it possible it isn't on all trims? It would be strange but who the heck knows! Maybe chip issues?

Link to the manual that I got this from:

View attachment 163772
My 2020 User Manual says the same thing "If Equipped".

Pinktacos4me

Reaction score
I just wanted to add my 2023 blinker stock seems to be defective from the factory. I did notice it was difficult to just bump to get the three flashes for changing lanes without activating the detent and having it stay on. Additionally when I use my left turn signal it does not cancel after the turn, it sticks and I have to manually push it back to center every time. I wonder if they're having quality issues with the 2023 turn signal stocks.

I'm going to have them take a look at it the next time I drop it off for service.

Not a major issue but something to complain about.
I have the same exact issue on my 23 Limited. Right turn signal works fine.

Jmac509

Reaction score
I have the same exact issue on my 23 Limited. Right turn signal works fine.
Congratulations on your first post Pink Tacos 4 you! Welcome to the group!

If you happen to get yours serviced before mine you will have to report back with your findings! I'm hoping its a simple fix.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can probably use Jscan or alfaObd to turn it on. Might have been a check mark that got missed at factory
I'll have to check my build sheet - both my 2021 Laramie and 2019 Bighorn were equipped with this feature and were lower optioned trucks than my current 23 Laramie but there were certainly some options removed in 2023 even in higher trims so perhaps I didn't catch this one or as you say it was missed somehow!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I took some time to more intentionally experiment and the truck definitely has the feature ut it doesn't always work properly. On my short drive home today the lane change assist worked 3 or 4 times but in one instance even though I used the same light push and the stalk didn't move all the way down and 'click' the turn signal stayed on. Guess I'll have to ask the dealer next time I'm in.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Junk. Not worth driving a crap truck like that. I have room on my land. Just drop it here with the title and I won't even charge you since you are a forum member. I just like helping people out like that. No problem, really.

jackedin

Reaction score
Junk. Not worth driving a crap truck like that. I have room on my land. Just drop it here with the title and I won't even charge you since you are a forum member. I just like helping people out like that. No problem, really.
Agree ! get rid of it, I wouldn't drive a truck like that either.

Jmac509

Reaction score
I assume they're preparing new ram owners if they ever decide to move to BMW

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't have any lane assist stuff, but mine will blink three times when pressed half way.

Isn't there a setting in the radio to turn this on?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am currently driving a 23 Limited (RAM) Red edition for 3 months. The turn signals work like all my others. Slight up or down on stalk and get the 3 flashes.

Users who are viewing this thread