5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to turn signals in 2023 MY?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My signals have been flawless since being at the dealer so I looked closer at the tech notes and it appears they did have the part and replaced it while I was there... Guessing the service advisor was just confused but maybe it is a coincidence. Guess I'll know if they call and tell me to come in, maybe just looking at it fixed the issue...
A lot of service advisors aren't too bright. They write the orders, and have no clue what happens in the shop. They don't know very much about cars. Good ones do though.

Gerardv514

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything formal but my service advisor seemed familiar with the problem, specifically that it only happened on left signals and was not occurring when in the auto highbeams setting. I don't know if the tech was able to replicate the issue but on mine you can feel the difference in the switch between left and right even when it functions as intended - pushing it down for a left signal doesn't operate smoothly or predictably like pushing up does.

Same exact issue I have. Took delivery of my 23’ Laramie 1500 in June 23’ and noticed it the second I left the lot. Truck recently went into the dealer to have power running boards installed and at first they couldn’t reproduce what I was talking about. I had to go there and show them that when you go left for a lane pass it doesn’t return to center unless in the high beam position. They had no clue the turn sticks could do this and advised all of their staff. The part was ordered and I was told it would come in mid September.

John Clater

Reaction score
68545657AA Clockspring/multi function switch is now on backorder. Haven't had the concern until the last week, have had 2 2023 Bighorns in the last week with the issue.
My 2023 had the problem day one. Does anyone you know that has had this fixed. Hate taking my truck to dealership for anything. There are not any real mechanic/technicians anymore. The dealerships are hiring unskilled people these days. Do you happen to have a part # for the switch. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Philth

Reaction score
Same exact issue I have. Took delivery of my 23’ Laramie 1500 in June 23’ and noticed it the second I left the lot. Truck recently went into the dealer to have power running boards installed and at first they couldn’t reproduce what I was talking about. I had to go there and show them that when you go left for a lane pass it doesn’t return to center unless in the high beam position. They had no clue the turn sticks could do this and advised all of their staff. The part was ordered and I was told it would come in mid September.
It amazes me that the part is never available, but they sure as hell can pump new trucks off the line.

Philth

Reaction score
My 2023 had the problem day one. Does anyone you know that has had this fixed. Hate taking my truck to dealership for anything. There are not any real mechanic/technicians anymore. The dealerships are hiring unskilled people these days. Do you happen to have a part # for the switch. Any feed back would be appreciated.
I'm a little cautious to have mine replaced so quick. Not sure if there was a bad lot of them made, or if it's a design issue.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealerships are hiring people who complete schooling to be a mechanic. Most take Mopar specific classes and are sponsored by dealerships. If you want to blame anyone, blame the schools. Either that, or you will be complaining because it took 6 months to get your truck in for routine maintenance due to backlog at dealer because they only have one or two skilled technicians.

6of36

Reaction score
I'm a little cautious to have mine replaced so quick. Not sure if there was a bad lot of them made, or if it's a design issue.
It's higher in the thread, a bad lot. That's what happens with outsourcing.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine has been great since they replaced it and functions as designed so I would not delay the repair iof you have a bad one

1500V

Reaction score
Just pucked my 2023 1500 up at the dealer with the lane change issue and the directional not disengaging after the left hand turn. They told me they ordered the multi function switch but Mopar canceled the order. When they called Mopar they were told the part is under review to be redesigned so they won't ship it until it has been redesigned. Estimate for availability is January 2024

6of36

Reaction score
Just pucked my 2023 1500 up at the dealer with the lane change issue and the directional not disengaging after the left hand turn. They told me they ordered the multi function switch but Mopar canceled the order. When they called Mopar they were told the part is under review to be redesigned so they won't ship it until it has been redesigned. Estimate for availability is January 2024
They are lying to you. Cbty2050 is a mechanic, and said there was a defective run from the supplier, and they know about it. Every person who had it replaced, the replacement works fine.

Gerardv514

Reaction score
It amazes me that the part is never available, but they sure as hell can pump new trucks off the line.

Received a call earlier this week that the part is in. It’s now on me to reach out and schedule for it to be taken back in.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it is the 68545657AA part, there is plenty of availability.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Glad I’m up to speed here. Had my truck month and a half, thought it was just me going crazy…
2023 Limited.
What’s worse? I bought it as a demo, 2K miles put on it by salesman, got me a nice savings off the price.
Pretty sure he could’ve had it fixed and it happened to him…silly.

Glad I found this, will be calling dealer tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread