5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to turn signals in 2023 MY?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What he was talking about, was the 2 trips. If someone tells their dealer to order the parts, without first checking what was wrong, if that's not what was wrong, who pays for the parts the dealer ordered, but now aren't using. In your case, it's a known issue, and they should actually stock them, but I've seen a few posts where people insisted their MGU was bad, but it turned out to be a belt tensioner. If they don't stock an MGU, but order one because you say it's bad, who pays the money for the part that now sits in the parts department?
Thanks for the explanation - makes sense now that you point out he was talking about the idea of a dealer ordering the part and then it is something different.

Philth

Reaction score
Because if it doesn't act up, they don't get paid anything. Maybe you like to work free, but most mechanics don't. Figure out what circumstances it acts up under, and show it to them.
LOL maybe I shouldn't purchase a truck with an $80,000 sticker price. What a bozo reply.

Philth

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything formal but my service advisor seemed familiar with the problem, specifically that it only happened on left signals and was not occurring when in the auto highbeams setting. I don't know if the tech was able to replicate the issue but on mine you can feel the difference in the switch between left and right even when it functions as intended - pushing it down for a left signal doesn't operate smoothly or predictably like pushing up does.
I wish I had a dealer like yours. Mine is super unpredictable and I can't duplicate the failure on demand. I have a video of one incident.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL maybe I shouldn't purchase a truck with an $80,000 sticker price. What a bozo reply.
The only problem is you thinking that spending x amount of money makes you special. Not my problem you bought a truck and think that 80k sticker price makes you special. 🤡

Philth

Reaction score
The only problem is you thinking that spending x amount of money makes you special. Not my problem you bought a truck and think that 80k sticker price makes you special. 🤡
Suggesting dealers shouldn't perform basic inspections due to a poor paying model doesn't make you smart. So there's that.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update on my '23 - my lane change indicator (3 signal flashes) works just fine. I do however notice my left blinker not turning off when fully activated on certain left-hand turns. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I'll make the same left-hand turn later or the next day and the blinker shuts off fine that time. While it's a bit of an inconvenience to have to manually cancel the blinker, I'm not taking it to the dealer yet. I'd rather keep their not-so-knowledgeable hands off my truck if I can.

Philth

Reaction score
Update on my '23 - my lane change indicator (3 signal flashes) works just fine. I do however notice my left blinker not turning off when fully activated on certain left-hand turns. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I'll make the same left-hand turn later or the next day and the blinker shuts off fine that time. While it's a bit of an inconvenience to have to manually cancel the blinker, I'm not taking it to the dealer yet. I'd rather keep their not-so-knowledgeable hands off my truck if I can.
Same. I haven't figured out what causes the random lack of disengagement.

Philth

Reaction score
He must like to work for free. Probably sits behind a desk and doesn't know what work is.
I've been in places you would be scared to work in. Permit-Required Confined Spaces amongst other things. Your analogy of "working for free" is nothing short of sounding idiotic. Because the manufacturer may (or may not) pay somebody to address or investigate a problem is not my issue. From what I understand, warranty work pays less. Why do they take the job if it's so bad? Sounds like you made the wrong career choice if this is the case. Don't blame me for that.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I understand, warranty work pays less. Why do they take the job if it's so bad? Sounds like you made the wrong career choice if this is the case. Don't blame me for that.
I don't think you know how most technicians are paid. Flat rate is a broken system and the manufacturers exploit that. Labor times are dropping and the the work gets more and more complicated. For a tech to get paid there needs to be a repair. Many techs will spend minimal time on a concern that isn't showing up at that time.

Suggesting dealers shouldn't perform basic inspections due to a poor paying model doesn't make you smart. So there's that.
When did I make that suggestion not to inspect the concern? Every concern/complaint(I will use this term for you) should be looked at regardless of the customer or vehicle. A search of "turn signal" in service library brings up "Vehicle Incidents", these are reported concerns/complaints and the repairs made by techs. The techs need to share this info for all dealers to see. FYI there are 6 reported incidents of turn signal issues.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been in places you would be scared to work in. Permit-Required Confined Spaces amongst other things. Your analogy of "working for free" is nothing short of sounding idiotic. Because the manufacturer may (or may not) pay somebody to address or investigate a problem is not my issue. From what I understand, warranty work pays less. Why do they take the job if it's so bad? Sounds like you made the wrong career choice if this is the case. Don't blame me for that.
I've worked in confined space, I've worked 400 ft up hanging from a crane, I've worked in a blood pit at a slaughter house. What else you got?

Philth

Reaction score
I've worked in confined space, I've worked 400 ft up hanging from a crane, I've worked in a blood pit at a slaughter house. What else you got?
You missed the point of my response to you. You questioned if I worked behind a desk, I responded. This isn't a pissing contest. Just showing how ignorant you are.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
68545657AA Clockspring/multi function switch is now on backorder. Haven't had the concern until the last week, have had 2 2023 Bighorns in the last week with the issue.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine appears to be getting worse. Only with left hand turns for some reason, no issues with right hand turns. I guess I'll have to get the dealer to order the part for mine. I hate taking my truck to dealers, they are clueless on the majority of things!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
68545657AA Clockspring/multi function switch is now on backorder. Haven't had the concern until the last week, have had 2 2023 Bighorns in the last week with the issue.
Yikes - that part is 350$+! I was gonna say I'll just buy it if it's around 50-100$ and swap it out myself, but dang, for that price I'll let the dealer do it.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got to the dealership today and they confirmed a bad multifunction switch - had to order the part so I'll be back in a few weeks to have it replaced.
My signals have been flawless since being at the dealer so I looked closer at the tech notes and it appears they did have the part and replaced it while I was there... Guessing the service advisor was just confused but maybe it is a coincidence. Guess I'll know if they call and tell me to come in, maybe just looking at it fixed the issue...

Users who are viewing this thread