5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change to turn signals in 2023 MY?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There’s multiple threads across a few ram forums about issues with the 2023 multifunction switch. Sometimes one touch lane change doesn’t work, sometimes stalk doesn’t return after a turn, and sometimes the high beams come on with left turn signal. Seems to be a bad batch of stalks.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s multiple threads across a few ram forums about issues with the 2023 multifunction switch. Sometimes one touch lane change doesn’t work, sometimes stalk doesn’t return after a turn, and sometimes the high beams come on with left turn signal. Seems to be a bad batch of stalks.
Thanks for that update, now that you mention it I thought the high-beams were acting strange the other day as well but didn't think much of it. I'll have to start noting issues and maybe try to have a passenger get video so the service guys will believe me if I ever decide to take it in! I'll also mention some of the other threads I've seen after a google search thanks to Jimmy07's post theorize it may be related to the new digital cluster which I have in my laramie so curious if anyone with the analog cluster has experienced this issue.

Last edited:

Jmac509

Reaction score
I still need to take mine in. I should probably do that sooner than later. I appreciate the update.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still need to take mine in. I should probably do that sooner than later. I appreciate the update.
It was a bit frustrating to hear they had to order the part and expected a few weeks to delivery. If you have a good relationship with your dealer it might be worth asking them to get the part in stock prior to your appointment so you don't have to come back a 2nd time.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I too have noticed now once or twice when making a left turn, my signal did not automatically turn off. I brushed it off as maybe I didn't turn left enough lol, just more like a curve. But now seeing others mention their '23 having an issue, I suspect I am as well. I haven't tried the light tap of the stalk to do the lane change. I'll have to try that and see if it's working on mine or not.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was a bit frustrating to hear they had to order the part and expected a few weeks to delivery. If you have a good relationship with your dealer it might be worth asking them to get the part in stock prior to your appointment so you don't have to come back a 2nd time.
What of the issue wasn't with thurn signal switch? Who pays for the part that was ordered in?

Philth

Reaction score
Is there any formal documentation from FCA about this? My dealer will absolutely not look at my truck about this issue unless they can get it to fail in front of them. It's so random, that they will likely not see it fail.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What of the issue wasn't with thurn signal switch? Who pays for the part that was ordered in?
It seems like a common problem, so they probably should have a couple in stock, but true, they can't stock every part for every vehicle they sell.

6of36

Reaction score
Is there any formal documentation from FCA about this? My dealer will absolutely not look at my truck about this issue unless they can get it to fail in front of them. It's so random, that they will likely not see it fail.
Because if it doesn't act up, they don't get paid anything. Maybe you like to work free, but most mechanics don't. Figure out what circumstances it acts up under, and show it to them.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything formal but my service advisor seemed familiar with the problem, specifically that it only happened on left signals and was not occurring when in the auto highbeams setting. I don't know if the tech was able to replicate the issue but on mine you can feel the difference in the switch between left and right even when it functions as intended - pushing it down for a left signal doesn't operate smoothly or predictably like pushing up does.

Pinktacos4me

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything formal but my service advisor seemed familiar with the problem, specifically that it only happened on left signals and was not occurring when in the auto highbeams setting. I don't know if the tech was able to replicate the issue but on mine you can feel the difference in the switch between left and right even when it functions as intended - pushing it down for a left signal doesn't operate smoothly or predictably like pushing up does.
Yup. Mine behaves exactly how you described it.

fmr5000

Reaction score
Yup. Mine behaves exactly how you described it.
Just received my 2023 this week and my left hand signal does the same. The light press doesn’t give you the 3 flash option, it gets stuck. Or when pressed all the way down the left turn doesn’t turn the signal off on full turn of the truck

FYI I have digital cluster

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Mopar Vehicle Protection
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced a perceived change in the turn signal behavior going from a 21 or earlier truck to a 23? I keep telling myself I am imagining it and need to figure out exactly what my issue is but on the 23 I am frequently noticing the turn signal stays in after a lane change. In my 21 I could do a light press of the stalk for a lane change and the signal would activate for a short time and go off or I could push all the way down for an actual turn and the signal turns off after the wheels come back to straight. In the 23 it seems like the only way to use the signal that doesn't require a full 90° turn to shut it off is to lightly hold the stalk while changing lanes.
This is very weird and would drive me nuts! Hope you are able to get this resolved while it is still under factory warranty. I would maybe think about taking it to another Ram Dealer?

fmr5000

Reaction score
Just received my 2023 this week and my left hand signal does the same. The light press doesn’t give you the 3 flash option, it gets stuck. Or when pressed all the way down the left turn doesn’t turn the signal off on full turn of the truck

FYI I have digital cluster
Update: a temporary workaround for me is to have the wand pushed forward in auto highbeam mode. The left turn signal functions as expected

6of36

Reaction score
Guess I didn't understand your question - seemed like you were asking what part of the issue wasn't the switch and who paid for the part. The switch was the issue and the warranty paid for the part....
What he was talking about, was the 2 trips. If someone tells their dealer to order the parts, without first checking what was wrong, if that's not what was wrong, who pays for the parts the dealer ordered, but now aren't using. In your case, it's a known issue, and they should actually stock them, but I've seen a few posts where people insisted their MGU was bad, but it turned out to be a belt tensioner. If they don't stock an MGU, but order one because you say it's bad, who pays the money for the part that now sits in the parts department?

Users who are viewing this thread