5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catch Can Install - Hemi

Max Limited

Reaction score
I have a Billet Tech OCC. Watched the Moe's Performance install video and they put the long rear hose on the front OCC barb and the short front hose on the rear OCC barb. I installed mine this way and it is working but I see others installed with rear long hose on rear OCC barb and front short hose on front OCC barb. Does it matter? the install at the beginning of this topic has it rear to rear and front to front. Thanks.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did it same way, rear to front of can as per video. In end it doesn’t matter which way. If concerned about it, put couple hundred miles on it and see if oil residue is on the intake hose side. If so then switch them. If not, it’s doing it’s job

Kidder

Reaction score
I have a Billet Tech OCC. Watched the Moe's Performance install video and they put the long rear hose on the front OCC barb and the short front hose on the rear OCC barb. I installed mine this way and it is working but I see others installed with rear long hose on rear OCC barb and front short hose on front OCC barb. Does it matter? the install at the beginning of this topic has it rear to rear and front to front. Thanks.
Shouldn't matter since all you're doing is completing the circuit. The vapors should still get caught in the can.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked under the lid to see where the filter media was located and connected the crankcase to that side of the can.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: have very little oil in my CC. As it was all over under the can. Leak at ball valve treads to the can. Meh

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was the one @drsubie posted... he stated it would fit.
It does (ish), but does required some extra parts.

Kyostar - $50 shipped
It’s been solid, the ball valve fitting the screws into can was lose. Weird, I’ve made sure all things were tightened up
Edit: leak was coming from the threaded area. This time I put liquid Teflon on threads and reinstalled check ball fitting.

Last edited:

macallien

Reaction score
I did it same way, rear to front of can as per video. In end it doesn’t matter which way. If concerned about it, put couple hundred miles on it and see if oil residue is on the intake hose side. If so then switch them. If not, it’s doing it’s job
can you share video link please. Just ordered mine!

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
Just an FYI, if you order a catch can from Moes in any particular color, it'll take 3-4 weeks for them to do.

Just found that out, since I've been waiting a few for mine.

5thGenRubyRed

Reaction score
Ordered mine from Billet Technology, got it 2 weeks later. Installed in 20 min. Hardest part was putting the engine cover back on. Easy, and great way to protect your engine in the long run. 20190228_144940.jpg 20190228_144948.jpg 20190228_144956.jpg

Kidder

Reaction score
Those of you crossing the hoses on the BT catch cans don't need to do it. BT said it doesn't matter which side so you can go left to the PCV and right to the throttle body. FYI

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would the addition of a catch can in line in they system cause any warranty issues? I know a pulsar or razer would. An curious if something like this would

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those of you crossing the hoses on the BT catch cans don't need to do it. BT said it doesn't matter which side so you can go left to the PCV and right to the throttle body. FYI

Didn’t need to cross the lines, but I did anyway. I color outside the lines too.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

If that is the case than I would stay FAR...FAR away from this can as it is not a baffled can like the Mishimoto. For the best performance out of an OCC, you want it to be baffled and have a true "IN" and a filtered "OUT" for excellent separation. Mishimoto posted they are coming out with a baffled kit just for the 2019 RAM. I have installed their baffled products on two other vehicles I own and highly recommend and a far better design.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/mishimoto-r-d-ram-1500-5-7l-v8-catch-can-kit.7191/

https://www.mishimoto.com/automotive/oil-catch-cans.html

Users who are viewing this thread