5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catch Can Install - Hemi

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If that is the case than I would stay FAR...FAR away from this can as it is not a baffled can like the Mishimoto. For the best performance out of an OCC, you want it to be baffled and have a true "IN" and a filtered "OUT" for excellent separation. Mishimoto posted they are coming out with a baffled kit just for the 2019 RAM. I have installed their baffled products on two other vehicles I own and highly recommend and a far better design.

I'm all for spending money on quality products, but the price some of these places charge is a bit ridiculous for an aluminum can...
The 'cheap' one I bought off of ebay for a third of the price was well machined and nicely powder coated. It has a longer (internal) inlet side with baffles to cool off and catch the oil, in addition it has a ball valve at the bottom for easy draining...

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ I have the same one. As I’ve had a few issues. At the cost it’s great, does it’s job. few thousand miles on it the vacuum side to intake manifold is completely dry
Edit: as told either way hose route will work. I did mine to the front one also. As long as the return hose to intake manifold is completely dry and no contaminates your golden.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm all for spending money on quality products, but the price some of these places charge is a bit ridiculous for an aluminum can...
The 'cheap' one I bought off of ebay for a third of the price was well machined and nicely powder coated. It has a longer (internal) inlet side with baffles to cool off and catch the oil, in addition it has a ball valve at the bottom for easy draining...

Can you post a link to the one you purchased please? Thanks

fireron

Reaction score
Gondul, Is the ebay one you bought the same as the one below your post? When you input our trucks it says does not fit ours. Just curious....and have you experienced any issues with yours? Thanks!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ it fits just fine. And after a few k on my truck as I said above zero residues and dry out of can to manifold. So as of now it’s doing it’s job

billyraff

Reaction score
Screenshot_20190311-205327_Gallery.jpg
2500 miles in the BT catch can. Wow. It's a wide applesauce jar. Filled the entire catch can.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I see 2500 with can on. What’s actual mileage of truck? I know I’m weird like that.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They tell you to check your can every 1000 miles. A full can is a very bad thing as it can prevent vacuum from building up if the oil level gets to high in the can.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They tell you to check your can every 1000 miles. A full can is a very bad thing as it can prevent vacuum from building up if the oil level gets to high in the can.
Correct, it should be check on a regular basis. Keeping a eye on your own personal is much better then looking at the norm. As it will probably be true for most. You don’t want a issue

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at 4000 miles total. Put it on at 1500.
Thank you. I like a more detailed situation. It helps myself and the rest of community. Really looking /hoping to see less with mileage broken in engine if you will. As we all have seen lots of oil on our young engines so far.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
Just installed on on mine, with all the baffling and a drain on bottom.. will update on what I get and at how long also... mine was a cheaper version, but built just like the more expensive... got the black one, as mine is a black edition ram

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do catch cans effect the warranty at all?? Would hate them to be something a dealer could use to weasel out wtih.

Users who are viewing this thread