5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catch Can Install - Hemi

Kidder

Reaction score
I just received my Billett Technology Catch Can for the Hemi. I had one on my 2011 so installing this was very similar to that one.

First, remove the intake tube along with removing the connector. You can set it to the side as it you don't have to remove it completely. It just makes access easier.
Intake%20Tube.jpg

Intake_Connector.jpg

Second, remove the Hemi plastic cover. It has two torx screws which takes a T30 socket/T-handle.
Torx.jpg

Third, remove the PCV hose, it slides out of each end with a little bit of force. Be careful on the rear one especially. Make sure you support the elbow rubber connector so you don't rip it.
PCV%20Hose.jpg

You can do the next steps in various order. I ended up dry fitting the hose connections which you can see in the pic. of the rear connection here. However, it is much easier if you insert into one end of the hose to ensure it goes completely on.

Rear_connection.jpg

Next, install the Z bracket which installs with the spacer on the engine block. I didn't tighten it completely because I wanted to see how the hoses line up. Once you're satisified, go ahead and tighten the bolt which is a 13mm.
Spacer_Bolt.jpg

The red box shows the threaded hole where the bolt screws into.
Front%20connection_mount.jpg

Top_hoses.jpg

I then trimmed the hoses to fit on the catch can fittings. I used a PVC pipe cutter that I use for sprinkler repair. Don't cut them too short (duh)!
I used the loop that keeps the PCV tube secure as an anchor point with a zip tie to keep everything secure.
Zip.jpg

I then installed the catch can itself.
Installed.jpg

Now reinstall the intake tube and don't forget the connector!
And the hardest part for me was to get that damn cover back on. It's hard to line up the rear posts into the rubber grommets because you can't see back there. After a few choice words I got it back in place. Reinstall the screws and you're done.
I did start the engine to ensure I didn't get a CEL which I did not.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

jamesfg

Reaction score
My man! Great write up with pix & description. Install looked just like their catch can install on my 392 Daytona. I'm gonna order mine tonight.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
How do you know that the catch can is working and what's the advantage? Do you see or feel any difference?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The purpose of a catch can is to take what is being sent out through the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve, and separate the actual oil that may come out, collect it, and send just air and vapors back to the intake manifold, as opposed to the PCV system sending both air, vapors, and oil back in the intake. It offers no performance improvements, simply keeps your top end cleaner.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Put the can on my Daytona after an oil change and this is the result after 2,000 miles. Can for the truck has been ordered, waiting arrival
20180805_180316.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I special ordered mine over a week ago and since it was just that, I’m on hold for awhile. As soon as it does come in, it will be installed. Just as others have stated, there is no performance gain to doing this, just preventive maintenance.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Just curious and thinking about ordering

If you are planning to keep your truck for a while or anticipating high mileage use get it. I got steered to catch cans when I had my Camaro as the LS motors have alot of blow by especially when you start modding them. If you search the interweb I found a 15% off code for Billet Technologies. But be prepared to wait, these guys are slow as molasses going up hill in a Massachusetts winter. I waited 6 weeks for my can to arrive for my Daytona

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh wow lol I just checked and my order was over two weeks ago. I’m guessing I’ll see it by October, right after all the rest of my gear is installed.

drsubie

Reaction score
Just got done installing an oil catch can--I thought about Billet Technologies, but decided I couldn't wait that long or pay that much for what is essentially a small can. I ended up ordering a copy on Ebay-- Ebay catch can --and couldn't be happier and how smooth install was. The can was surprisingly well made. Don't know if this really works, but figure it sure couldn't hurt, extra piece of mind...

PorBoy

Reaction score
Well it’s safe to say that I will get mine sometime in November so until then I’ll have to live vicariously through you gents lol.

jamesfg

Reaction score
30 days in and their website shows my order as "processing". I've got no issues waiting on their product, I know their cans are top notch.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So... will the dealer give you problems over the catch can or do you remove it before going?

Icecold77

Reaction score
Nice!! I have mine I yanked off my 18 6.4L Charger to install.. I'll see if I can find the brand and post.. I've had many brands.. I like this one the most bc of the connections..slick..

I'll post pics when I install...

Attachments

• 20180716_144841.jpg
    20180716_144841.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 201
  • SmartSelect_20180925-235431_eBay.jpg
    SmartSelect_20180925-235431_eBay.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 198

Users who are viewing this thread