5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Badging - How to ?

NortheastRebel19

Reaction score
Looks good from a far. What about up close? Debating whether to plastidip or just fork out the $120 for factory matte black. Not really sure why Ram refuses to offer more black badges ‍♂️ Chrome is no longer as desireable as it was 20 years ago.
I would lightly sand the emblems, primer then flat black. Call it the day.

I agree about the chrome. Keep the chrome for the classic muscle cars.

Btharp2624

Reaction score
I ordered the matte black tailgate rams head from eBay. It came with no adhesive on the back. Is this normal or did I get the wrong one?

Rambro23

Reaction score
I ordered the matte black tailgate rams head from eBay. It came with no adhesive on the back. Is this normal or did I get the wrong one?
Wrong one, i ordered one via amazon and just applied to my truck (the adhesive was there).

RAMayor

Reaction score
Sorry to ask this question again but these threads get so long, are there Ram Grill Letters that are not glossy coated and suited more for painting? If I want to paint the letters the same color as my truck.
I didn't paint, I ordered stickers that color match, super simple and cheap. The link below is for the Delmonico Red letter decals for front RAM grille. The seller probably has other colors.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173457620352

Attachments

• C045D504-44C9-426F-AF68-CEFE78EA410B.JPG
    C045D504-44C9-426F-AF68-CEFE78EA410B.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 106

Fornstar

Reaction score
I didn't paint, I ordered stickers that color match, super simple and cheap. The link below is for the Delmonico Red letter decals for front RAM grille. The seller probably has other colors.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173457620352

I want to do this to mine. How much chrome can you see outlining the vinyl? My plan for now is to order replacement letters then paint to match, but the vinyl seems like a cheaper route.

daspes

Reaction score
It was asked earlier in this thread, though I didn’t see it answered...

Is it possible to remove the center section of the grill where the RAM logo is without removing the entire grill? Not the letters themself, the center section that they mount too?

RAMayor

Reaction score
I want to do this to mine. How much chrome can you see outlining the vinyl? My plan for now is to order replacement letters then paint to match, but the vinyl seems like a cheaper route.

I bought the black letters, put the vinyl on them. The vinyl sits on top, the angled outline of the letters can be seen. Here is the best pic I have on my phone, can get better one tomorrow.

BobVance

Reaction score
I'm new to owning trucks, and the 2019 1500 Laramie was my first new buy. Mine was the first Laramie they had where I live last August, and I loved it so I took it home. Everything is chrome - grill, bumper, badges etc., which I don't love.

My question is: Since it doesn't seem to challenging to replace the badges through purchases, what can I do for the full chrome grill and bumper?

RAMayor

Reaction score
I'm new to owning trucks, and the 2019 1500 Laramie was my first new buy. Mine was the first Laramie they had where I live last August, and I loved it so I took it home. Everything is chrome - grill, bumper, badges etc., which I don't love.

My question is: Since it doesn't seem to challenging to replace the badges through purchases, what can I do for the full chrome grill and bumper?
Buy a OEM Laramie sport or big horn sport grill, the headlight package you have may affect is this is possible or not, you could have it wrapped (although some places may not warranty it bc the wraps don’t like to stick to chrome), or go aftermarket.

bigcoco87

Reaction score
Anyone know the mopar part number for a blacked out bighorn tailgate badge. I have the ram head and 4x4 in black but not sure of the part number to replace the bighorn emblem in all black. Thanks

dsn112

Reaction score
Anyone know the mopar part number for a blacked out bighorn tailgate badge. I have the ram head and 4x4 in black but not sure of the part number to replace the bighorn emblem in all black. Thanks

Just remove it, cleaner anyway.

1cec3c086e285b4401226632f03a8581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgienger

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw a thanks out there for whomever it was that put together the parts list. I threw that list at our local dealer to make the deal stick and he actually seems to be doing it... including the $600(list) exhaust tips! I'll hold my breath for the 4-6 weeks it will take for the pickup to get here after we order.

Now to plastidip or debadge the limited letters and side chrome strips...

dsn112

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw a thanks out there for whomever it was that put together the parts list. I threw that list at our local dealer to make the deal stick and he actually seems to be doing it... including the $600(list) exhaust tips! I'll hold my breath for the 4-6 weeks it will take for the pickup to get here after we order.

Now to plastidip or debadge the limited letters and side chrome strips...

60k trucks don’t need $4 rattle can spray imo. I’d remove over dip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgienger

Reaction score
60k trucks don’t need $4 rattle can spray imo. I’d remove over dip

Not a bad perspective, I'll see what I feel like when it shows up. At least if they're sprayed, they can always be removed after the fact ;). The side trim strip will probably come straight off either way, that would be a lot of black.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
For the Rams Head, do you reattach using adhesive or just clips? If adhesive which works well?

vondarius20

Reaction score
Hood emblems done. Had some plastidip pool in the I of the word hemi, and the adhesive I used was a little too thick. It works for now, we will see how it holds up in Florida sun this summer. I may just buy the whole bezel for 120 and have it ready to go whenever the imperfections start to annoy me, fade, or whatever.
May I ask how you removed the panels?

M. Scarn

Reaction score
For the Rams Head, do you reattach using adhesive or just clips? If adhesive which works well?
should come with adhesive already on it. Mine was on a plastic sheet which I removed when it was ready to install. So clips and adhesive.

Users who are viewing this thread