5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein Availability

JbVt

Reaction score
If I could get my hands on a set of damn 5100's I would pull the trigger on this stuff but to no avail...
Hell, you can say that again. I swear I’ve been eyeing them for the last couple months and finally decided to go for it! Well now there isn’t a damn one to be had!

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Also buddy of mine has 5100 for sale, just th fronts but he’s asking for 300

JbVt

Reaction score
Used?! Gotta love supply and demand🤣🤣

jdrewry

Reaction score
Anybody know when Bilsteins 5100 adjustable front shocks will be available again. Really want Bilstein because of the 0-2 inch rear shock option but I’m tired of waiting. Might just go with eibach and be done.

I’ve tried tons of online retailers, none have them. Any ideas of timeline or know of a secret online honey hole with shocks in stock?
I’ve got a pair ordered through Summit. Expected arrival date is 30 Jul. I’m currently on-hold with summit to see if they have anything comparable in stock. Not trying to wait another 4 months.

VanIsland

Reaction score
I’ve got a set of the RC UCA 3”-3.5” on the way to pair with my 6112’s @ clip #8. Anyone have a solid answer on what the 6112’s on clip #8 will actually lift the truck by?

ORP says 2” on clip #8 and STOCK @ clip #3 so if I’m correct clip #8 would be 2” of lift over stock making it a total of 3” of lift?

Highertechnology

Reaction score
I’ve got a set of the RC UCA 3”-3.5” on the way to pair with my 6112’s @ clip #8. Anyone have a solid answer on what the 6112’s on clip #8 will actually lift the truck by?

ORP says 2” on clip #8 and STOCK @ clip #3 so if I’m correct clip #8 would be 2” of lift over stock making it a total of 3” of lift?

c9c9f58a56f3b74a95761d99528aebdc.png

VanIsland

Reaction score
I’ve been staring at this all day, posted some questions. Didn’t really get any definitive answers. Another thread I was just looking at say guys have measured their ORP trucks and they gained 2” from factory ORP height which would be 3” taller then a non ORP truck which would mean the 3”-3.5” RC arms will work with the set up.

Codybenz

Reaction score
Yeah so the chart is confusing for us ORP guys. Basically since you are removing the ORP which is how the 1inch factory lift is achieved you are losing that 1inch.

if you put the 6112 maxed out on a non ORP truck you would gain somewhere between 2.75 and 3 inches of lift, If you have an ORP truck however you are only going to net a 2inch lift over what you are currently at stock because of using bilstein spring. but just so ORP owners don’t expect and additional 3 inches of lift, bilstein provides a chart.

so to summarize, lol. A non ORP will be raised roughly 3 inches from current stock height and an ORP truck will be raised roughly 2 inches over current stock height

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
I’ve been staring at this all day, posted some questions. Didn’t really get any definitive answers. Another thread I was just looking at say guys have measured their ORP trucks and they gained 2” from factory ORP height which would be 3” taller then a non ORP truck which would mean the 3”-3.5” RC arms will work with the set up.
those ucas will work for you.

Codybenz

Reaction score
But now I think I’ve talked myself into the 6112 because of ride quality......

VanIsland

Reaction score
But now I think I’ve talked myself into the 6112 because of ride quality......
I found mine at rock auto. $1180.00 CAD shipped. Couldn’t find them in Canada anywhere.

good luck with your kit!

jgates237

Reaction score
Earlier in this thread I mentioned that ordered a set of 6112's to level my ORP equipped vehicle. Now I'm thinking wheels (20x10) and tires ~(35x12). My concern is am I going to create too much rubbing. Looking through the Custom Offset site there doesn't seem to be any consistency with leveled suspensions and rubbing. I was thinking that the more negative (-) offset the less rubbing there would be but maybe I'm misunderstanding what's going on here. Will high negative offset (-44 or greater) create rubbing issues on outside of the wheel well whereas too much positive (+18 etc) will create the possibility of rubbing on the inside of the wheel well?

Perhaps I'm pushing it with 35x12" tires but I just seem to like the look. There aren't many who seem to have 35" tires and only at a leveled ride height. There may be a good reason for that.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread