5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein Availability

Codybenz

Reaction score
thank you...its on the 5th clip...have the readylift top hat spacer and the upper control arms up front and the icon 1.5" rear coil springs
How do those icons ride compared to stock? Sorry for all the questions.

Bustedgrills

Reaction score
How do those icons ride compared to stock? Sorry for all the questions.
rides just a good as stock...maybe a hair firmer...after mounting the tires it feels more like a truck and less like a Cadillac...im very happy with the overall results and the wife approves as well😉

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
Eibach’s set at 1.8 w/ ORG and Zone UCAs. 275/65’s (34x11) on stock rims. Perfectly level. Adding Timbrens to the back in the future.
c852dc083adc8b80557a721a1c029ef7.jpg
47aed1ba4618c87d9957565105880633.jpg
3735db9c038aef6b0924a4c08adde729.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
do you have any pics of the zone uca installed? haven't seen many of those.

MadMater'

Reaction score
So I just shipped the RL SST 3.5" kit and with the availability issues related to the 5100s, is the Rough Country 3.5 lifted strut package an option worth considering? I have a 2021 rebel with the 4600s from factory and am trying to keep them in the rear and just replace the the fronts so I can avoid the Preload spacer. Is it a bad idea to use the 6112s upfront with the factory 4600s in the rear?

MadMater'

Reaction score
So I just shipped the RL SST 3.5" kit and with the availability issues related to the 5100s, is the Rough Country 3.5 lifted strut package an option worth considering? I have a 2021 rebel with the 4600s from factory and am trying to keep them in the rear and just replace the the fronts so I can avoid the Preload spacer. Is it a bad idea to use the 6112s upfront with the factory 4600s in the rear?
So fast update lol, Bilstein lifts just added 4 sets of the 5100s front/rears this morning and I was able to get one. They are still showing 3 in stock, assuming these actually ship.

jjhall8

Reaction score
So fast update lol, Bilstein lifts just added 4 sets of the 5100s front/rears this morning and I was able to get one. They are still showing 3 in stock, assuming these actually ship.
Just placed my order, 2 left in stock.

MadMater'

Reaction score
So can someone confirm this plan or let me know if I am off here?
2021 Rebel w/ORP

Front: (fairly certain this is straight forward)
RL UCA's
RL Tophat spacer
5100 adjustable on setting 4 (for slight rake)
ORP Spring

Rear:
5100 with ORP coil spring
2" RL Coil spring spacer

I guess the real question I have is, if i'm running 5100s front and back with the RL SST kit, I still install the rear coil spring spacer correct?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2021 Rebel w/ORP

RL UCA's
RL Tophat spacer
ORP Spring

Rear:
2" RL Coil spring spacer

I guess the real question I have is, if i'm running 5100s front and back with the RL SST kit, I still install the rear coil spring spacer correct?
How much are you trying to lift the front in total? 1.5" from the bilstein, 1" from ORP springs and 2" from RL tophat? 4.5" is going to be too much. You will have some ugly CV angles and suspension geometry with that I believe. Also, the 5100 rears only allow for 0-1" of lift. So with your ORP spring and a 2" spacer you'll be at 3".

MadMater'

Reaction score
How much are you trying to lift the front in total? 1.5" from the bilstein, 1" from ORP springs and 2" from RL tophat? 4.5" is going to be too much. You will have some ugly CV angles and suspension geometry with that I believe. Also, the 5100 rears only allow for 0-1" of lift. So with your ORP spring and a 2" spacer you'll be at 3".
I am trying to get 3.5" total, just trying to get the right configuration to get me there. The ORP makes this more confusing than it should be lol

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to get 3.5" total, just trying to get the right configuration to get me there. The ORP makes this more confusing than it should be lol
I am not sure how you can squeak out another .5" of lift in the front without making the ride quality decrease. The Bilstein's on setting 5 and ORP will net 3" of lift. You may need a top hat spacer to get to 3.5" but that's where your ride quality will suffer most id think.

MadMater'

Reaction score
I am not sure how you can squeak out another .5" of lift in the front without making the ride quality decrease. The Bilstein's on setting 5 and ORP will net 3" of lift. You may need a top hat spacer to get to 3.5" but that's where your ride quality will suffer most id think.
I wouldn't split hairs over .5" If setting 5 and the ORP spring gets me to 3". The next question is for the rear, what would the correct set up be?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't split hairs over .5" If setting 5 and the ORP spring gets me to 3". The next question is for the rear, what would the correct set up be?
You can probably find a .5" spacer for the rear to retain a bit of rake if you'd like. I have an ORP truck and will set my bilsteins to setting 5 as it seems to be perfectly level at that point. If its too high ill either put a .5" spacer in the rear or drop the front struts to setting #4.

MadMater'

Reaction score
The part that is confusing is I thought when we swap to 5100s, we no longer count that 1" from the ORP. I guess I was mistaken.

Bustedgrills

Reaction score
2021 Rebel w/ORP

RL UCA's
RL Tophat spacer
ORP Spring

Rear:
2" RL Coil spring spacer

I have the same readylift uppers and tophat spacer but I went with bilstein 6112s on 5th clip setting with icon 1.5" rear coil springs and I went with bilstein 5100s bc the 5160s have been on back order and I'm too impatient...I got almost exactly 3.5 up front and 1.5 out back...

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
Dang, those are some nice UCA's! I am looking to pair those with the 5100's on my truck. Do the ball joints come greased?
they do not come greased. will have to use a Grease gun once installed to fill the boots. they were $499 shipped. very beefy

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The part that is confusing is I thought when we swap to 5100s, we no longer count that 1" from the ORP. I guess I was mistaken.
No, the ORP lift is achieved from the larger springs. So if you use those and just swap bilsteins you still consider it.

MadMater'

Reaction score
Yea, This has been extremely helpful. I just shipped a pair of those Icon rear 1.5" springs to use and I guess the plan is to run 5100 on setting 5 with the RL UCAs and no spacers up front. The 5100 with the 1.5" Icon coil spring and no spacer in the rear. I like the idea of keeping the spacers out all together.

Users who are viewing this thread