5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beep or humming noise coming through speakers

deanfx

Reaction score
I experienced this for the 3rd or 4th time today (since purchasing my truck just over a year ago). Get N Dirtys video is exactly what I’m experiencing. Switching inputs, toggling the park sense buttons, turning the truck off and on won’t make it go away. Had to leave my truck off for over an hour before it went back to normal. Super annoying. The next time it happens I’m driving straight to the dealer so they can hear it. It’s so infrequent and unpredictable I doubt they will ever be able to reproduce it if I leave it with them. Is there a starcase or TSB I can reference when taking it in?
There is a TSB for an ANC update. Tell your service advisor to do their job.

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
I experienced this for the 3rd or 4th time today (since purchasing my truck just over a year ago). Get N Dirtys video is exactly what I’m experiencing. Switching inputs, toggling the park sense buttons, turning the truck off and on won’t make it go away. Had to leave my truck off for over an hour before it went back to normal. Super annoying. The next time it happens I’m driving straight to the dealer so they can hear it. It’s so infrequent and unpredictable I doubt they will ever be able to reproduce it if I leave it with them. Is there a starcase or TSB I can reference when taking it in?

If it is the same problem as mine in the video; you will need a new radio. That is the only thing that got the tone to go away. I was told it was not software related. There was no service bulletin or TSB at the time that dealt with this exact issue. Had to get engineering involved to figure it out at the time.

Last edited:

Kthornhill25

Reaction score
My truck just started this annoying sound tonight. Sounds like the park sensors when your in the red. Wont stop unless I hit mute. I'm annoyed not even at 2,000 miles yet.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck just started this annoying sound tonight. Sounds like the park sensors when your in the red. Wont stop unless I hit mute. I'm annoyed not even at 2,000 miles yet.

Hi Kthornhill25,
We are sorry to hear about this concern of yours. If you decide to have your dealer address this, feel free to reach out to us privately if you need more assistance!
Laura
Ram Cares

BigJoe2019

Reaction score
Still dealing with this damn tone. Ram refuses to put in new radio unless they can get a code. Dealership cannot duplicate. UConnect admitted this is the only Ram they know of that has this issue. I told them this is definitely not software since I'm the only one affected and no one that writes code is going to do it for one truck. I told them this Friday either fix it or they owe me a new truck. Been dealing with this since a couple of weeks after I bought it. Bought it in September. Total nightmare had the vehicle in many times since last post. Engineering does not know what is causing problem. One engineer thinks it is my amplifier or cables running to or from it but yet refuse to replace since I already had my amp replaced. I either don't listen to my radio now or only turn it on so I can barely here it. When tone comes on it is over the top of the music so it is very loud. Can't even listen to it at the volumes I would like since it hurts my ears. Tone comes on very randomly. It came on last time at the exact same time as a weather advisory came on my screen.
Hi all,

I also started getting the tone this morning. I just bough the truck, 2019 Laramie, used, has abt 27k. I haven't taken it to a RAM dealer yet but will try to get it in next week. Still reading some of the other posts here and thanks for all the info so far.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Just started getting this noise. Loud buzz similar to parking sensor warning but slightly different tone. All inputs make the noise except for the cd player I think. Mute button will stop it but I cant listen to radio at all. Started randomly when setting sun was blasting on the vehicle and I switched it from sirius to FM. Truck was built Feb 2019. Truck on then off did not fix it....ugh If anyone has any suggestions other than going to dealer let me know. Perhaps I should try disconnecting the battery.

Last edited:

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Just started getting this noise. Loud buzz similar to parking sensor warning but slightly different tone. All inputs make the noise except for the cd player I think. Mute button will stop it but I cant listen to radio at all. Started randomly when setting sun was blasting on the vehicle and I switched it from sirius to FM. Truck was built Feb 2019. Truck on then off did not fix it....ugh If anyone has any suggestions other than going to dealer let me know. Perhaps I should try disconnecting the battery.
Update, turned on the car and the buzzz was gone. Used the truck all day and no buzz through the speakers occurred. Think it will stay away?

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
Update, turned on the car and the buzzz was gone. Used the truck all day and no buzz through the speakers occurred. Think it will stay away?
Mine did the same thing a couple months back. Truck sat overnight and was fine the next day. Hasn’t happened again since. Same thing happened with the backup camera going blank a couple days ago. Letting it sit for an hour or so fixed it and it seems fine now. Fingers crossed. There are some glitches in the software for sure though that seem to be causing these issues. I do wonder about loose ground connections under the hood and I think I’ll check for those. From what I’ve read there are like five main grounding locations under the hood and people have found one or more loose.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing a couple months back. Truck sat overnight and was fine the next day. Hasn’t happened again since. Same thing happened with the backup camera going blank a couple days ago. Letting it sit for an hour or so fixed it and it seems fine now. Fingers crossed. There are some glitches in the software for sure though that seem to be causing these issues. I do wonder about loose ground connections under the hood and I think I’ll check for those. From what I’ve read there are like five main grounding locations under the hood and people have found one or more loose.

You know there is a recall for the loose grounds. Take it in and let them check the grounds since they should know where all of the grounding points are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
If it is the same problem I had just letting the truck sit for a while and turning back on only made the tone go away for a while. It always returned sometimes days later or sometimes many weeks to months later.

RamCares

Reaction score

Hi Wakesnowb,

If this concern comes back and you decide to address it with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

glennf14

Reaction score
My truck is also making this high pitch noise when ambient lighting is on. It goes away when ambient lighting is turned off. Is there a solution to this yet?
I'm getting the truck serviced tomorrow and I plan on talking to the service manager about it. I'll let you know what I find out, if anything. Fingers crossed.

Dodge Durango Radio

Reaction score
If it is the same problem as mine in the video; you will need a new radio. That is the only thing that got the tone to go away. I was told it was not software related. There was no service bulletin or TSB at the time that dealt with this exact issue. Had to get engineering involved to figure it out at the time.
Hello- this thread has been informative. FYI I have a 2019 Durango and have the same exact problem periodically- has to be the radio it sounds like/Uconnect system

Ram Help care- what is the site for Durango Help Care- these issues need to be taken care of and resolved thank you

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello- this thread has been informative. FYI I have a 2019 Durango and have the same exact problem periodically- has to be the radio it sounds like/Uconnect system

Ram Help care- what is the site for Durango Help Care- these issues need to be taken care of and resolved thank you

Hi Dodge Durango Radio,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing! We recommend checking out Dodge Forum, as our team does monitor that site as well!

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango-154/

Mark
RamCares

gadgetgeek

Reaction score
I just had the same problem as Get N Dirty happen to me yesterday. Haven't turned it on yet today to see if it's gone. It started when my daughter plugged her iphone into the numbered rear usb port to charge and the radio immediately switched to her phone (I had Android Auto running maps and YouTube music at the time). We had just left the house for a 4 hour drive to visit my parents for the weekend. Long drive for no music.

RamSco

Reaction score
Yesterday, 1 year and 1 day after Get N Dirty posted his video and just over 9,000 miles on my truck, I had the exact same issue pop up on my 2019 Laramie. I received a call while listening to Sirius XM and I used the "answer" touch point on the screen. The noise immediately appeared and I had to terminate the call because I could not hear the guy. I tried to call the guy back but the noise persisted. After three attempts, I had to turn blue tooth off and the radio off to make my call exclusively on the iPhone. After that, the noise persisted in all modes. I had my wife connect her phone to Bluetooth thinking it might "break the cycle" but that did not work either. I basically had to leave the radio off for the day. This morning, it's not making the noise. Seems enough folks are having the issue, there would be a better solution communicated by Ram than take it to your dealer to see if they can duplicate the issue. These are expensive trucks.

Reactions: TCB

RamCares

Reaction score
I just had the same problem as Get N Dirty happen to me yesterday. Haven't turned it on yet today to see if it's gone. It started when my daughter plugged her iphone into the numbered rear usb port to charge and the radio immediately switched to her phone (I had Android Auto running maps and YouTube music at the time). We had just left the house for a 4 hour drive to visit my parents for the weekend. Long drive for no music.

Hi gadgetgeek,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this. If you decide to address it with your dealer, we recommend reaching out to Canadian Customer Care to have it documented. You can find their info by visiting https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx and scrolling to the Canada tab.

Yesterday, 1 year and 1 day after Get N Dirty posted his video and just over 9,000 miles on my truck, I had the exact same issue pop up on my 2019 Laramie. I received a call while listening to Sirius XM and I used the "answer" touch point on the screen. The noise immediately appeared and I had to terminate the call because I could not hear the guy. I tried to call the guy back but the noise persisted. After three attempts, I had to turn blue tooth off and the radio off to make my call exclusively on the iPhone. After that, the noise persisted in all modes. I had my wife connect her phone to Bluetooth thinking it might "break the cycle" but that did not work either. I basically had to leave the radio off for the day. This morning, it's not making the noise. Seems enough folks are having the issue, there would be a better solution communicated by Ram than take it to your dealer to see if they can duplicate the issue. These are expensive trucks.

Hi RamSco,

While I'm glad to hear the noise wasn't happening most recently, I certainly understand your sentiments here and the associated frustration. If you do end up addressing this with your dealer, please know that we are just a PM away for additional support.

Mark
RamCares

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Hi gadgetgeek,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this. If you decide to address it with your dealer, we recommend reaching out to Canadian Customer Care to have it documented. You can find their info by visiting https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx and scrolling to the Canada tab.

Hi RamSco,

While I'm glad to hear the noise wasn't happening most recently, I certainly understand your sentiments here and the associated frustration. If you do end up addressing this with your dealer, please know that we are just a PM away for additional support.

Mark
RamCares

Funny how @RamCares answers very selectively to certain posts with a copy and paste message that leads to nothing... everyone should start report them as spam...

RamCares

Reaction score
Funny how @RamCares answers very selectively to certain posts with a copy and paste message that leads to nothing... everyone should start report them as spam...

Hi chrisfuss,

For clarification, is there anything we can assist you with?

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread