5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cannot get one in Canada. Part is restricted from ordering due to engineering review. Expected to be complete by Jan 31. 436.50 can . If anyone was wondering

The dealer doesn’t have them, but you can order them on the internet

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Mine arrived in the same "loose in the box" condition that others have, but nothings missing. Hopefully I can get it installed early this next week.

stevetom84

Reaction score
Got mine installed and I have the protection package. It's fairly big and a bit of a pain to get in and torqued down.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Just got mine installed. Nearly tore a pec muscle removing the factory bolt.... Total joke after that.

Yelzelity

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, the OEM directions were terrible! I did not need any of the included nuts during the install. All of them were welded to the frame.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, the OEM directions were terrible! I did not need any of the included nuts during the install. All of them were welded to the frame.

I just installed my step this afternoon, and I too had all the nuts already welded into the needed spots to mount the step. Wasn't a lot of fun getting the torque wrench in there for 124lb/ft, but I managed fine.

I wonder if the engineering hold may possibly be partly for the shape of the location where the plastic loom zip tie clip goes. The stock clip is oval in shape, and the place to relocate it to on the step is round. A couple zip ties later and it's all fine.

Also, mine when retracted is reeeeeeaaaaalllly close to the bumper. It clears, but if there's lots of variability in either the bumper or the step I could see how they might hit each other on a truck with a saggy bumper and perky step.

RamRiderLTD

Reaction score
I really want this but if a revised version is coming out in Jan I can wait a month. With winter here I'm not climbing in the bed as much as I do in the warm weather. I'm not sure what the engineering hold is about but if a company stops selling a hot part it must be for a reason.

RNB

Reaction score
Got mine in today box beat up and only two of three bolts look great. RNB

RamRiderLTD

Reaction score
I couldn't hold out. I ended up ordering the step last night. It seems the only issue is the wire harness needs a zip tie after installation with the current version. That's an easy work around. I wish they had a right side step as well. They should sell them as a pair.

RNB

Reaction score
I just got mine delivered today and I am missing one of the bolts does anyone know what their size is so I can try to find one

Yelzelity

Reaction score
I just got mine delivered today and I am missing one of the bolts does anyone know what their size is so I can try to find one
I would take one of the two other bolts with you and match up a new one.
They are all the same size.

RNB

Reaction score
I tried close but no real match went to 7 places

Ranchram

Reaction score
I tried close but no real match went to 7 places
You actually have to remove one existing bolt in order to,install the step. So you may be able to reuse it even though the directions say to discard.

holthad

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Ordered from MoparAmerica and installed last weekend. Works well and looks good.

nwalk4

Reaction score
Just got my first RAM and so far I love it, also have an 08 JKU so fairly familiar with putting parts on myself but this thing has more sensors and electrical stuff than i'm used to. Ordered the bedstead from MoparAmerica and it came with 3 bolts and 1 nut, not sure if I'm missing anything? Looked under my rear bumper to figure out where it bolts on and see there is a big pack of wires and wondering how they need to go so they don't get messed up after bolting on step?
Thanks for yalls help.

Users who are viewing this thread