5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

IndianaRam

Reaction score
JV77: Yes, I called them and he knew what I was talking about. Said he just got a call from 3 other people about the same step. They told me over the phone that it's on being reengineered/back order and no idea when it will be available?

JV77

Reaction score
JV77: Yes, I called them and he knew what I was talking about. Said he just got a call from 3 other people about the same step. They told me over the phone that it's on being reengineered/back order and no idea when it will be available?
That's too bad, maybe you'll get lucky and a shipment confirmation will show up out of the blue. It looks like that has happened to others. Does your truck by chance have the protection package? I am just curious if they are flagging certain VIN's as non-compatible and using the reengineering line to justify it. I think I saw on another thread that the protection package was causing a conflict on the build and price site.

Cudapower

Reaction score
Its really funny as I read these posts. Its been great and thank you all for the pictures and part number. What is weird is that people that try to order from dealers get no where. I tried before reading these posts and my dealer who is a really big dealer checked and Ram said they were in redesign and wont be available until later in 2019 and the 2018's wont work. After you guys enlighened me, I called Mopar America on Dec. 27 and it shipped in 2 days. Pretty sad showing Ram.
Its Friday and I got my step about 20 minutes and it fits perfectly. I cant understand how they are going to redesign something that works great.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
No, I have the Protection Package. Maybe there is just a shortage of these steps and they are saying it's reengineering problem?

Max

Reaction score
New to the RAM aftermarket. Looking to purchase one of these bed side steps. I was disappointed with 1st attempt with oem quick parts. Web site said in stock but it wasn’t. They wanted me to wait for shipment. I said fine but don’t charge me until it ships. They said no. I said cancel the order.

Can anyone tell me if one of these suppliers are better to deal with? I don’t mind waiting if I have to but I’m not the bank for orders that are on backorder. Any recommendations are appreciated.

OEM Parts Quick: $271.83
Mopar Wholesale Parts: $273.59
MoparAmerica: $276.10
Factory Parts King: $276.10
CDJR OEM Parts: $276.10[/QUOTE]

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New to the RAM aftermarket. Looking to purchase one of these bed side steps. I was disappointed with 1st attempt with oem quick parts. Web site said in stock but it wasn’t. They wanted me to wait for shipment. I said fine but don’t charge me until it ships. They said no. I said cancel the order.

Can anyone tell me if one of these suppliers are better to deal with? I don’t mind waiting if I have to but I’m not the bank for orders that are on backorder. Any recommendations are appreciated.

CDJR OEM Parts: $276.10
I think a bunch of us have ordered from MoparAmerica. They told me it was out of stock after I ordered...but then shipped it.

Max

Reaction score
I think a bunch of us have ordered from MoparAmerica. They told me it was out of stock after I ordered...but then shipped it.

Thanks for the recommendation. After having been a GM guy fo 35 years I'm a bit out of my element buying mopar parts.

asac12

Reaction score
Dumb question, but can you install the Mopar bed step on both the driver and passenger sides of the tailgate? I've only seen pictures of the bed step installed on the driver side.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb question, but can you install the Mopar bed step on both the driver and passenger sides of the tailgate? I've only seen pictures of the bed step installed on the driver side.

No, it's only made for the driver's side.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. After having been a GM guy fo 35 years I'm a bit out of my element buying mopar parts.
Me too! I’ve owned a number of brands over the years, but not Mopar.

JV77

Reaction score

CDJR OEM Parts: $276.10
[/QUOTE]

I ordered from MoparAmerica, it showed up yesterday and install took 15 minutes. Fast shipping and no issues with them. I do not know how they handle payment on a backorder though, so you might just call them to discuss if they don't have the part in stock.

Nice, thanks for clarifying. Is there a reason why the steps aren't offered for both sides? That would seem useful.
I agree, it would be nice to have this on both sides. I do not know why they wouldn't offer it for the other side, but I haven't looked under the truck to see if something would hinder installation. One side is better than no sides though, so I am happy with the step.

jkratze1

Reaction score
I just had my dealer install my bed step and I love it. The step gets installed in a tight area and the step weighs alot so I was not able to install it myself. I like the bed step much better than the GM step bumper solution because the bed step is lower than bumper height. Maybe now I won't have to carry around a step ladder in the bed of my truck anymore.

Last edited:

billyraff

Reaction score
Americantrucks.com just released a whole bunch of duratrek and barricade side steps for the new rams, some aren't in stock yet but are up on the website

Realtyman

Reaction score
Added the step this weekend. Came in within a few days of ordering. Not too bad to install. Used a jack to help support it as I was going it solo.
99568d9c18cf5a4be2414bd3fbf3dfbe.jpg

a74f5e3126a387d0b06fe946ae11bf38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Americantrucks.com just released a whole bunch of duratrek and barricade side steps for the new rams, some aren't in stock yet but are up on the website

Side steps (Running Boards and such) or Bed Steps? Couldn’t find and bed steps except hitch mount ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SacRebel

Reaction score
I tired to order this from oempartsquick.com today and even though I could checkout I got an email later saying it is backordered until 1/31. They offered a refund, which I accepted.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got an email today from Jon at moparamerica said they have "plenty in stock". I ordered mine, hopefully I'll get it within a few days.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Got an email today from Jon at moparamerica said they have "plenty in stock". I ordered mine, hopefully I'll get it within a few days.

Thanks for the update..I just placed my order through them and it was about $10 cheaper.

Jhaney

Reaction score
I looked on moparamerica and I didn’t see 2019’s to order the step. Anyone have a link.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online