5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good deal, but do they actually make ones for our DT version Rams ?

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
I like the bumper as it provides steps on both sides... price is about $600.

Will see what I do when my truck gets here.

- Hoping to order on Monday !!!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Partial response from MoparAmerica to my order on Thursday:

We apologize, but unfortunately, this part is out of stock and not available at this time. Mopar has stopped manufacturing this part. It has been labeled "WCNS1" by Mopar/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep and is no longer able to be ordered by any parts warehouse or Dealer, such as ourselves. From our nationwide inventory search,it appears there is no remaining supply; which may leave you limited to used parts. We would suggest the aftermarket for a suitable, Non-OEM part or possibly a salvage yard for parts from a wrecked vehicle. We will take this chance to discontinue the part from our catalog...

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score

We apologize, but unfortunately, this part is out of stock and not available at this time. Mopar has stopped manufacturing this part. It has been labeled "WCNS1" by Mopar/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep and is no longer able to be ordered by any parts warehouse or Dealer, such as ourselves. From our nationwide inventory search,it appears there is no remaining supply; which may leave you limited to used parts. We would suggest the aftermarket for a suitable, Non-OEM part or possibly a salvage yard for parts from a wrecked vehicle. We will take this chance to discontinue the part from our catalog...
Sorry to hear that....

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm interested in what changes they are making to the revised model. This one seems solid and well built, not too close to the exhaust. Hopefully it holds up long term.

djwdjw

Reaction score
This bed step arrived today from moparamerica.com and the install is not terribly difficult although would be much simpler with a lift and two people, neither of which I had :). It weighs nearly 20 lbs with hardware and if you are doing the project yourself under the truck on your back it is a bit ungainly until you get a bolt in to hold it up.

In my case all the mounting holes were already threaded. The new bolts are 7/8" but the one that has to be removed is 13/18" iirc. Getting 124ft/lb on the bolts to finish up is also not trivial considering the space available without a lift.

The separate plastic grab handle (82215496) is unlikely to work if you have any rails along the inside edge of your bed for a cover. It's basically a piece of polymer, about the look and size of a G19, with a couple of self-tapping through bolts.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 509

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Much to my surprise, I received a shipping confirmation from MoparAmerica today - 6 days after they told me it was gone and they'd refund my money! Maybe I'll get my bed step after all...

cjmst23

Reaction score
This bed step arrived today from moparamerica.com and the install is not terribly difficult although would be much simpler with a lift and two people, neither of which I had :). It weighs nearly 20 lbs with hardware and if you are doing the project yourself under the truck on your back it is a bit ungainly until you get a bolt in to hold it up.

In my case all the mounting holes were already threaded. The new bolts are 7/8" but the one that has to be removed is 13/18" iirc. Getting 124ft/lb on the bolts to finish up is also not trivial considering the space available without a lift.

The separate plastic grab handle (82215496) is unlikely to work if you have any rails along the inside edge of your bed for a cover. It's basically a piece of polymer, about the look and size of a G19, with a couple of self-tapping through bolts.
So, you doubt this will be compatible with RamBox?

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
I have txt my dealership about this w/ the brochure I just DL’d.

Asked if I could get a voucher from Ram if the step is not installed upon delivery. AA6138B6-1FCE-4B25-B385-B301A8980C08.jpeg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, you doubt this will be compatible with RamBox?

No issues. I installed this on my RamBox and it fits/works perfectly. Posted about it in the "What did you do to your Ram today" thread.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Does anyone know what's changing in the next released version? What are they charging while it's in "engineering hold"?

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
When I picked up my truck last week, I spoke to the salesman (mine was missing the bed extender pins and the bed step)--he said if the bed step was in the brochure when I ordered, it should have been included. I sent him a screenshot from the brochure about the BUG with it listed and am waiting to hear back from him.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I picked up my truck last week, I spoke to the salesman (mine was missing the bed extender pins and the bed step)--he said if the bed step was in the brochure when I ordered, it should have been included. I sent him a screenshot from the brochure about the BUG with it listed and am waiting to hear back from him.
If you get it reimbursed, I believe you'll be the first.

cjmst23

Reaction score
If you get it reimbursed, I believe you'll be the first.
I went right to Service Manager with the brochure... As they were already ordering me the bed extender pivot pins. I gave him the part number and he "claims" it has been ordered for me. We'll see.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
It does show up in the reveal photos when the truck was revealed, I copied an image on this site.

B8DE3DCF-89BD-45FB-9A00-F7A50688E926.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread