5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Base 6 speaker upgrade options?

rick619

Reaction score
I'm planning to just replace the OEM speakers for now and not do an amp or sub.

So I'm planning to buy:
2 sets of the Infinity 6X9 - Infinity Reference REF697F
1 pair of the 3.5" - Infinity Reference REF307F
iDatalink bCH3 ANC Bypass Harness

That way I can just install them myself. I watched a few youtube videos, doesn't look too difficult. I'm confident that I can just do a speaker replacement. Don't want to get into running the cables for the amp, that's above my skill level. I have all those items in my Crutchfield cart which comes with the adapters. Looked yesterday and saw Amazon had a better deal on the 6X9's. So prefer Crutchfield, might call them and see if they will price match.

Probably going to pull the trigger next week sometime. Still reading reviews to see if I want to change it up. Looks like Infinity, Kicker, and JBL get pretty good reviews. All are 3ohm which is what Crutchfield suggests.

The tentative plan is to swap in the speakers and re-evaluate. Decide then if I want to pay to have an amp, DSP, possibly a sub installed later. I got an estimate from two local places to do everything. Told them $1500 budget. Both came back with estimates around $2500 lol. With just the speakers and doing it myself, looks like right around $400. I know it won't sound as good, but save myself over $2000 and I'm sure it will sound better than the OEM garbage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread