5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Same. I honestly don’t see the need for more than 4/5 speakers in a car.
There aren't 23 separate speakers. A coaxial speaker counts as 2. A three-way speaker would count as 3. In my Limited with the 19 speaker HK system, there are actually 11 separate speakers and a subwoofer. Three in the dash, four in the front doors, two in the back doors, and two in the headliner above the rear window. Still a lot of speakers but not as many as advertised. Can you get along with less, sure. In the end it depends on what you listen to as well as the source. If you're listening to talk radio on an AM station you could probably get along with a single speaker and be happy.

1712619492252.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Annnnd the thread is off the rails again. We almost made it back lol
Are you new to forums? Or maybe you just haven't been here long enough to know, but that's just what happens when a thread has played out. How many more people would you like to hear from about whether or not they're getting a 2025? Lots of people are excited about the new engines and lots of people hate that they can't have a V8 option. And there are others who don't care as much about the engine as the new looks or new features of the face lift 1500's. And still others who plan to keep their pre 2025 truck forever. Pretty sure most here could have predicted that without this thread.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you new to forums? Or maybe you just haven't been here long enough to know, but that's just what happens when a thread has played out. How many more people would you like to hear from about whether or not they're getting a 2025? Lots of people are excited about the new engines and lots of people hate that they can't have a V8 option. And there are others who don't care as much about the engine as the new looks or new features of the face lift 1500's. And still others who plan to keep their pre 2025 truck forever. Pretty sure most here could have predicted that without this thread.

True, I have been the train conductor of quite a few of those derailments.

lonepeak

Reaction score
One of the benefits of this thread has been the ability to keep up with those who have preordered, those of us who are going to order, occasional dealer input, dealer discounts, vehicle options and opinions on having driven the I6 engines via the Wagoneers. We've learned the prices have already changed and sometimes dealers will change options on the build page.

The title of this thread still seems to serve a purpose. Do we need a new thread to serve these interests inasmuch as the upper trims have not even shipped and a number of us want to stay informed. Not saying the speaker discussion is off topic if it pertains to any of the '25 trims.

Reaction score
I am new to forums! Thank you for the kind welcome and education! I look forward to more advice and recommendations!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of the benefits of this thread has been the ability to keep up with those who have preordered, those of us who are going to order, occasional dealer input, dealer discounts, vehicle options and opinions on having driven the I6 engines via the Wagoneers. We've learned the prices have already changed and sometimes dealers will change options on the build page.
It's Ram/Stellantis changing options on the build/ordering screen, which is nothing new during a launch.

IMO, it'll be late summer or fall before you can order a '25 Ram with no ordering restrictions, just like we saw with the launch of the 2019 model.

Users who are viewing this thread