5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Engineer's Ultimate Guide To 3.21 VS 3.92 Axle Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casull

Reaction score
Pull those Prius tires off that Bighorn and put some truck tires on it, the anemic 3.21s may well go down in milage (since that is what some buy a truck for, snicker...) trying to spin them. Especially if going at highway speeds.

I mean, since you pretend to have a truck, why not just go all the way and get the 6 banger and put an ebay 5.7 emblem on it to pretend there's a hemi under the hood too?

Well, some of us don't need to compensate with oversized tires and prefer the quiet smoother ride and better mileage of the standard size. ;)

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pull those Prius tires off that Bighorn and put some truck tires on it, the anemic 3.21s may well go down in milage (since that is what some buy a truck for, snicker...) trying to spin them. Especially if going at highway speeds.

I mean, since you pretend to have a truck, why not just go all the way and get the 6 banger and put an ebay 5.7 emblem on it to pretend there's a hemi under the hood too?
That V6 will still be much faster and more powerful than the pre Hemi days. Guys were still running big lifts, tires and pulling big loads with those 318’s and 360’s. Talk about anemic. 4.56’s wouldn’t have even made them a real truck. I had a 1999. I remember those days well.😆

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, some of us don't need to compensate with oversized tires and prefer the quiet smoother ride and better mileage of the standard size. ;)

The man needs a lift and tires to get to that firewater! I’m giving him a pass.

I just got some TN Mountain Dew. The legal stuff of course.

spyder

Reaction score
I do like some good mountain hooch!

I thought about a Prius, since it has the range to get me across all of eastern Oregon and north Nevada without running out of fuel, but I can haul more ammo in the extra 9 inches I'm now packing. :ROFLMAO:
I did take a '94 Accord elk hunting once. Hooves were out the drivers and passengers rear windows with the back seat tarped off. Good times.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do like some good mountain hooch!

I thought about a Prius, since it has the range to get me across all of eastern Oregon and north Nevada without running out of fuel, but I can haul more ammo in the extra 9 inches I'm now packing. :ROFLMAO:
I did take a '94 Accord elk hunting once. Hooves were out the drivers and passengers rear windows with the back seat tarped off. Good times.

Well crap. I was gonna defend my big tire preference citing my time spent on hunting trails but you & your Accord done blown up my whole argument!

What’s a Prius go for these days anyway???

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That V6 will still be much faster and more powerful than the pre Hemi days. Guys were still running big lifts, tires and pulling big loads with those 318’s and 360’s. Talk about anemic. 4.56’s wouldn’t have even made them a real truck. I had a 1999. I remember those days well.😆
I hear ya. I had an old military 1977 318, Dana 60s front and rear. Full time 4x4. 8 mpg! It was indestructible in 4 low. Hit the blackout light switch and kill all lights including brakes in case a game warden or revenuer was coming!

On the road? That 318 did an impressive 0 to 60 in 5 minutes.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Understand. Some are comfortable with thier femininity. That's fine today.

Truck, gas milage, 😄 🤣 😂 snort, ha,, whew. Good one. Go Girl Power!

The girls in my life like their trucks lifted higher with bigger tires than the guys do.……So…

I don’t see the 3.21 femininity thing, BUT I personally see it with the lifts and big tires thing.

I get it for ground clearance for off road and crossing creeks ( hunting, bootleg, camping etc.)

So maybe if you’re lifted, might better come up with some justification. Especially lifted WITH low profile tires and/or play for a female sports team. Do you go to the bathroom with your friends when you are out, AND is there a conversation in the bathroom?

trying to get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well crap. I was gonna defend my big tire preference citing my time spent on hunting trails but you & your Accord done blown up my whole argument!

What’s a Prius go for these days anyway???
Yes most definitely.

If you have, or plan to have dead animals in the back seat of ANY vehicle AND you are looking forward to eating them, you get a pass.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The girls in my life like their trucks lifted higher with bigger tires than the guys do.……So…

I don’t see the 3.21 femininity thing, BUT I personally see it with the lifts and big tires thing.

I get it for ground clearance for off road and crossing creeks ( hunting, bootleg, camping etc.)

So maybe if you’re lifted, might better come up with some justification. Especially lifted WITH low profile tires and/or play for a female sports team. Do you go to the bathroom with your friends when you are out, AND is there a conversation in the bathroom?

So you hang out with the LGBT crowd? Seems like it with girls who like lifted trucks and guys who dont

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You pansies with the 3.92s should have looked at some 4.10 gears if you wanted a real truck. A 440 and a 4 speed were a little improvement over this 'ol 318 Poly truck of mine many many years ago. And it still got a solid 12 mpg.

View attachment 166441
I like the Poly and 4-speed manual in mine. It's just a cruiser. Don't need to do burnouts with it. That's what my Dakota with bored out 5.9l and 4.10 gears is for
PXL_20230812_141113378.jpg Screenshot_20211208-083157~2.png

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you hang out with the LGBT crowd? Seems like it with girls who like lifted trucks and guys who dont

Don’t hang with those type.

I like lifted trucks because they come in handy at the farm. Prob won’t lift the 1/2 ton because it drives so nice right now. I go back and forth.

The 3/4 is lifted, not leveled.

How do you know what the LGBT crowd likes ?

Last edited:

Casull

Reaction score

Well, you do know that the big tires and lifts are used to grab the attention of other men. :D

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t hang with those type.

I like lifted trucks because they come in handy at the farm. Prob won’t lift the 1/2 ton because it drives no nice right now. I go back and forth.

The 3/4 is lifted, not leveled.

How do you know what the LGBT crowd likes ?
Typical stereotypes is all, but I see what you are trying to do. Sorry it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread