5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Necrosand

Reaction score
Anyone been successful adding auto park to their TRX? I'm having a real bear of a time making it work. Getting vehicle line mismatch from the Parktronics module after following the steps that have been successful for other non-TRX owners. Thanks in advance!

Wirerat

Reaction score
The only Drl I can grt to work is turn signal and low beams. Those save and work for me np.

I tried setting the srt light bar drl. I get no change. And I am uncertain which voltage to raise. Could someone be more specific here?

What's the name of the lights in the menu?

I also tried setting the fogs to drl. Doesn't seem to work. Maybe not possible with orm led fogs?

I am logging into the MY2013-2017.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only Drl I can grt to work is turn signal and low beams. Those save and work for me np.

I tried setting the srt light bar drl. I get no change. And I am uncertain which voltage to raise. Could someone be more specific here?

What's the name of the lights in the menu?

I also tried setting the fogs to drl. Doesn't seem to work. Maybe not possible with orm led fogs?

I am logging into the MY2013-2017.

Any help would be appreciated.
I could never get my signature lighting to work as DRLs. Signature lighting is the LED "halos". Raising the voltage also did nothing for me. I just keep my DRLs off. Not a fan of the amber turns for DRLs.

Wirerat

Reaction score
I could never get my signature lighting to work as DRLs. Signature lighting is the LED "halos". Raising the voltage also did nothing for me. I just keep my DRLs off. Not a fan of the amber turns for DRLs.
I turned on the drl dropout and left the low beams DRL's on in alpha.

The blinkers as drl was a bit too much. If it's possible to turn down the voltage on them, I might revisit that setting later.

I also leave them off in uconnect settings most the time. I run them whenever we are on a long trip.

I ordered the bypass cable because I already had the obd LX and andriod app left over from my 4th Gen. I atleast wanted to be to see/clear faults.

PunisherCTSV

Reaction score
Is there a list of what we can change with instructions for dummies? I have looked but can't find it.
Thanks
This is what I would like to know as well. Coming from a raptor I used forscan. there was a spreadsheet people had put together with how to do common changes which was great and helpful. I would love to be able to find something like that for AlfaOBD

troyljones

Reaction score
I just got my full OBD setup and I unable to reprogram any of the settings. I am using an OBDLinkEX (USB interface), ECRI SGW bypass (installed behind cluster) and licensed Windows 10 AlphaOBD software. My truck is a 2020 3500. With the setup I can successfully connect to the many different computers and read all the system settings but I see nowhere how to change any settings. I am wanting to enable the options for the TTPMS. The AlphaOBD tool looks exactly the same as what it did without the ECRI plugged in. Any help is welcome!

Wirerat

Reaction score
I just got my full OBD setup and I unable to reprogram any of the settings. I am using an OBDLinkEX (USB interface), ECRI SGW bypass (installed behind cluster) and licensed Windows 10 AlphaOBD software. My truck is a 2020 Kaotech 3500. With the setup I can successfully connect to the many different computers and read all the system settings but I see nowhere how to change any settings. I am wanting to enable the options for the TTPMS. The AlphaOBD tool looks exactly the same as what it did without the ECRI plugged in. Any help is welcome!
The changes that were successful for me, I was connected to the my2013-2017 bcm on my 2020 laramie.

I have the Kaotech security bypass installed using the obd link LX with app running on andriod device.

troyljones

Reaction score
The changes that were successful for me, I was connected to the my2013-2017 bcm on my 2020 laramie.

I have the Kaotech security bypass installed using the obd link LX with app running on andriod device.
What did the AlphaODB app look like? Were there check-boxes that you selected to enable a feature? In my app, I see no way to select or deselect any options. (I wanted the Kaotech bypass but need it sooner than they are available...)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my full OBD setup and I unable to reprogram any of the settings. I am using an OBDLinkEX (USB interface), ECRI SGW bypass (installed behind cluster) and licensed Windows 10 AlphaOBD software. My truck is a 2020 3500. With the setup I can successfully connect to the many different computers and read all the system settings but I see nowhere how to change any settings. I am wanting to enable the options for the TTPMS. The AlphaOBD tool looks exactly the same as what it did without the ECRI plugged in. Any help is welcome!

What did the AlphaODB app look like? Were there check-boxes that you selected to enable a feature? In my app, I see no way to select or deselect any options. (I wanted the Kaotech bypass but need it sooner than they are available...)

You have to select the open hood icon (Active Diagnostics) and then scroll near the bottom of the BCM options and select "Care configuration change."

1660961349993.png 1660961387401.png

Strongly suggest you follow the instructions to Read System ID and upload to google drive and/or save the BCM file. Windows saves locally...

Last edited:

Wirerat

Reaction score
Not check boxes.

Check YouTube for some guides to get you familiar with the UI and how to connect.

troyljones

Reaction score
You have to select the open hood icon (Active Diagnostics) and then scroll near the bottom of the BCM options and select "Care configuration change."

View attachment 137285 View attachment 137286

Strongly suggest you follow the instructions to Read System ID and upload to google drive and/or save the BCM file. Windows saves locally...
Thanx! THis pointed me in the right direction. Here is what that looks like for the Windows app.
1660969615620.png

RupsRam1500

Reaction score
So I have tried to enable the Auto High Beam today as i have FCW system, but I can find in Alfaobd no line for: Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM) . Any idea?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I already got that activated. But I can't find the Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM)
You’re not looking to activate a smart beam mirror. Since the FCW camera handles the high beams, you need to set 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location to IRCM

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online