5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

RupsRam1500

Reaction score
You’re not looking to activate a smart beam mirror. Since the FCW camera handles the high beams, you need to set 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location to IRCM
Thank you so much! Everything else is the same on here though right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-005750_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-005750_Chrome.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 71

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More curious than anything at this point. I searched and didn’t see anything. ..is there a way to disable to active air damn with AlfaODB? I do not think the rebel has one and it would be nice to remove it and not worry about the check engine light some people had reported getting.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Last edited:

Gizmoram

Reaction score

Wirerat

Reaction score
Yes, not much difference at all. I did the same thing. I already had alfa for my 2017 and now on my 2020.

Last edited:

THFD334

Reaction score
Success! I was able to connect to the Body Computer, and enable my integrate trailer brake controller. All total is was 5 settings that had to change (enable brake controller module, then enable the 4 CSM menu items to see the trailer settings menus). Odd, it takes a few minutes before the Trailer Settings menu showed up, at first I didn't think it worked. All totaled, it was $220 to get the factory trailer brake controller installed and I still have the AlphOBD software, and SGW bypass hardware for future upgrades.
Did you have the trailer brake installed somewhere professionally? That’s the only thing my big horn doesn’t have that would be helpful. I pull a one horse trailer.

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure who you are replying to, but a little unnecessary.
I think he replies to ppl who are using wrong name of program(not their fault, been there done that). What if there are 2 programs: one ALFAobd and other AlphaObd(maybe some kind of fake crap). That would be a little confusion if they were be looking for some settings to be changed in AlphaObd and its not there but they are in AlfaObd.
But luckly for us at this moment so far search engines and Play Store send us to correct program.
Just my 2 cents.

i_squared_r

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. I installed amazon $28 bed lights, tapped into the cargo light, and found that the cargo light didn't turn on when the tailgate is open. I can't believe this tailgate ajar is on my window sticker, but isn't activated in the BCM.

I did some research and came up with the cheapest option:
and AlfaOBD was $49 so the total cost was $90. It's worth it

1. I made the tailgate ajar indication work + cargo lights to turn on when tailgate is open
2. I made it so the fog lights don't turn off when the high beams are on.

I'm still looking for other cool mods that I can do.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Hey all,
Getting ready to try this for the first time, borrowing someone's stuff on my 2020 to activate the tailgate ajar. Tried to go thru this whole thread... but still had a few questions.

1. Connect everything with car off. Then turn to acc? On? Or start it?

2. Do you have to leave the bypass after you're done?

3. Still have to do 1 setting at a time?

4. I believe it's the CBC config and ECU config settings i have to turn on, correct?

Thanks again!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
Getting ready to try this for the first time, borrowing someone's stuff on my 2020 to activate the tailgate ajar. Tried to go thru this whole thread... but still had a few questions.

1. Connect everything with car off. Then turn to acc? On? Or start it?

2. Do you have to leave the bypass after you're done?

3. Still have to do 1 setting at a time?

4. I believe it's the CBC config and ECU config settings i have to turn on, correct?

Thanks again!
Can connect anytime. No need to leave bypass connected oce changes are made. Go through and make changes. You can only do one at a time.

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all.
Does anyone has system logs from 19-21 ram1500 limited with 360 view and willing to share?
Thanks

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking to buy AlfaOBD.

Do the Android and Windows versions do all the same stuff?

I was thinking I would buy the Android version, to run on my phone. But, I don't want to spend that $50 if I'm going to find out later that there are some things you can only do using the Windows/PC version.

Thanks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I was thinking I would buy the Android version, to run on my phone. But, I don't want to spend that $50 if I'm going to find out later that there are some things you can only do using the Windows/PC version.

Thanks.
Anything you would want to do can be done on the android version, and based on what I have seen, it's actually easier to navigate the android app than the Windows version.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks.
50% discount for a second license.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anything you would want to do can be done on the android version, and based on what I have seen, it's actually easier to navigate the android app than the Windows version.

Used to be you couldn't over-ride the model year BCM with the Android version. Don't recall if there's anything else.

THFD334

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. I installed amazon $28 bed lights, tapped into the cargo light, and found that the cargo light didn't turn on when the tailgate is open. I can't believe this tailgate ajar is on my window sticker, but isn't activated in the BCM.

I did some research and came up with the cheapest option:
and AlfaOBD was $49 so the total cost was $90. It's worth it

1. I made the tailgate ajar indication work + cargo lights to turn on when tailgate is open
2. I made it so the fog lights don't turn off when the high beams are on.

I'm still looking for other cool mods that I can do.
How did you tap into the cargo light? Run wires up through the back of the cab? I was thinking about adding bed lights to mine also. The tailgate ajar is already activated thank god.

THFD334

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread