5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

i_squared_r

Reaction score
How did you tap into the cargo light? Run wires up through the back of the cab? I was thinking about adding bed lights to mine also. The tailgate ajar is already activated thank god.

There's a thread somewhere that details how to tap into the cargo light. In the backseat, driver side, remove the floor door jamb plastic piece, open the black channel that wires go through, and look for a wire white with tan tracer. (Wire color is from memory so it's better you check before starting the job) I used one of those blue electrical taps, pulled back the carpet to expose the plug in the floor, ran the wire through that plug, and to the fuse panel that I installed behind the rear tail light. )I opted to install a fuse panel with dedicated power from the battery because I have other accessories.) Some people say the BCM throws errors if you draw too much current through that wire so people changed the original cargo light to LED to reduce the current draw. But since I have a fuse panel there, I took power from there and added a relay that is triggered by the cargo light so it's almost 0 current draw on the cargo light circuit.

THFD334

Reaction score
More Alfa help!! Today, I was trying some different things following these threads and I SCREWED UP!! I have NO gas guage, 3 service codes, airbag, electronic stability control, and abs, AND the back up camera now has no guidelines, (Won't stay checked in the display screen settings) and the bottom of the display when the camera is on is all jumbled. WHAT DID I DO?? And more importantly.. HOW CAN I FIX IT?!?! Full blown panic mode here guys. I can take the ridicule and laughing, I just need some help. I have the neg terminal off now and a battery charger hooked up.

** I did read the codes and clear them, but they come back instantly and nothing is fixed.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you disconnected the battery for half an hour?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
More Alfa help!! Today, I was trying some different things following these threads and I SCREWED UP!! I have NO gas guage, 3 service codes, airbag, electronic stability control, and abs, AND the back up camera now has no guidelines, (Won't stay checked in the display screen settings) and the bottom of the display when the camera is on is all jumbled. WHAT DID I DO?? And more importantly.. HOW CAN I FIX IT?!?! Full blown panic mode here guys. I can take the ridicule and laughing, I just need some help. I have the neg terminal off now and a battery charger hooked up.

** I did read the codes and clear them, but they come back instantly and nothing is fixed.
See what happens after you connect the battery back up. Otherwise, we need a lot more specific information:
What exactly were you changing? What truck module did you connect to, and what did you change? What are the faults in each individual module (this means connecting to each module one after another and scanning for faults)? Did you create a log of the original BCM configuration (the one that lists all the current settings) AND a backup file (the file that is just a bunch of numbers)?

THFD334

Reaction score
I did create a backup log of all the current settings but it didn’t seem to save any. I was changing the vehicle package to luxury to add the climate controls on the display screen. At first, I only had audio out of the rear speaker and no volume control. I do have that back to normal but no gas gauge and all the service lights. And the backup camera now has jumbled up lines at the very bottom. I just want to reset the damn thing completely back to factory.

THFD334

Reaction score
See what happens after you connect the battery back up. Otherwise, we need a lot more specific information:
What exactly were you changing? What truck module did you connect to, and what did you change? What are the faults in each individual module (this means connecting to each module one after another and scanning for faults)? Did you create a log of the original BCM configuration (the one that lists all the current settings) AND a backup file (the file that is just a bunch of numbers)?
Also, I used a snap-on scan tool and it was saying mismatched vehicle information. So my guess is I’ve changed the entire vehicle configuration somehow and have the computer all jumbled up.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, I used a snap-on scan tool and it was saying mismatched vehicle information. So my guess is I’ve changed the entire vehicle configuration somehow and have the computer all jumbled up.
Can you send me a copy of your BCM system ID. Make sure you read the system ID first before making a google drive file so it has the current configuration.

THFD334

Reaction score
Can you send me a copy of your BCM system ID. Make sure you read the system ID first before making a google drive file so it has the current configuration.
Yes sir I can do that later this evening. How do I do that?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
it says in your signature that you have a level one equipment group
do you have a 8.4 or 12 inch screen?
do you have the navigation or non-nav system?
this info will help

THFD334

Reaction score
it says in your signature that you have a level one equipment group
do you have a 8.4 or 12 inch screen?
do you have the navigation or non-nav system?
this info will help
I have the level 1 package with the 8.4 non-nav unit. I did get climate controls on the display and love it. But it seems it was at the cost of everything else…

THFD334

Reaction score
How do I find the BCM ID? And which DT MY2019 PowerNet should I use?

THFD334

Reaction score
I don’t know where to find the BCM ID.
But here’s a few shots of the codes.

Attachments

• 7A630235-38CC-4BD7-B95A-8401C7C61FA5.jpeg
    7A630235-38CC-4BD7-B95A-8401C7C61FA5.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 1D4A9B5E-1188-4F17-BFF3-E00C6FBED5F4.jpeg
    1D4A9B5E-1188-4F17-BFF3-E00C6FBED5F4.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DF5A7222-5C34-42DA-826A-D7E63D0FD303.jpeg
    DF5A7222-5C34-42DA-826A-D7E63D0FD303.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 81CF66E0-B6DE-4221-889C-0B46ADEDD4B6.jpeg
    81CF66E0-B6DE-4221-889C-0B46ADEDD4B6.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 38
  • BB460A48-065D-4650-AAFC-19B2BE5E0FEA.jpeg
    BB460A48-065D-4650-AAFC-19B2BE5E0FEA.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 39

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know where to find the BCM ID.
But here’s a few shots of the codes.
If you don’t already have one, create a google drive account, it’s free.
It doesn’t matter which powernet you choose, it will auto detect when it connects.
Once connected to the BCM, click the battery icon in the lower right. Next screen, select read system ID and let the list fully populate.

Click on the tools icon up top > upload to google drive > sign in > upload faults and status log > Body_chrysler_info
Your BCM log will now appear in your google drive.
Click on the 3 dots next to that file > share > manage access > anyone with the link
Then copy the file and paste it here.
I’ll see if I can tell what went wrong.

At any point, did you connect to the engine controller with AlfaOBD and do anything in there?

THFD334

Reaction score
Very first issue is the vehicle line is set to a WK grand Cherokee.
Start by changing VehConfig 1: Vehicle Line to “DT-Ram 1500”
I’ll keep digging.
Holy Crap! Thank you! I'll start right now with that one.

**Update- I believe that got rid of the service codes! Man I will not mess with things I don't know enough about anymore. The backup camera has the gridlines back again but it does still have the jumbled up part across the bottom of the screen. And I still have my climate controls on the screen too. Which was what I was trying to do the whole time.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Holy Crap! Thank you! I'll start right now with that one.

**Update- I believe that got rid of the service codes! Man I will not mess with things I don't know enough about anymore. The backup camera has the gridlines back again but it does still have the jumbled up part across the bottom of the screen. And I still have my climate controls on the screen too. Which was what I was trying to do the whole time.
Change all these:

VehConfig 1: vehicle line- DT

VehConfig 1: special package- DT base/sport/SLT+/Laramie

VehConfig 7: vehicle package- none

ECUConfig 3: Configuration Messages Status 3- Not Programmed

ECUConfig 3: surround sound feature present- no

ECUConfig 4: type of gallons- UK gallons (trust me)

CustSetMenu 1: power accessory delay CSM present- yes

Then run through and clear all faults.

THFD334

Reaction score
Sir, I don’t know how I could ever thank you enough for fixing my stupidity. Everything is back to normal now and I don’t have to spend the money on the dealer repairs. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Toperz

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Recently I did 360view(surround view) in my 21 Ram1500.
Thanks to @Jimmy07 got everything going. So far great.
My question is can I enable in AlfaOBD:
Camera when front/rear parking sensors kick in(to see how far I'm from obstacle instead manually turning on)?
Can I enable Hold and Go option for brakes(like brakes hold on stop lights).
Those options I've seen in my father 2020 Nissan Rouge.
If not does Tazer DT can do it?
If TazerDT could do, do I need SGW bypass the one they selling(I have Kaodtech and using with AlfaOBD) and does Tazer has to be pluged in all the time or just to program?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread