5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not all OBD2 adapters are compatible with alfaOBD. Not sure if this is one that has been verified as working
I’m hoping that’s not the case, but I had a feeling that’s what you and Jimmy might say. I ordered a mx+ an hour ago just in case. Thanks!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also make sure any other apps like OBD Fusion on your apple or Torque, etc. are not connected/running in the background.

Have you tried another android app (like Torque) with the OBD reader?

You might want to check out this thread: LEAFSpy and LELink2 issues?

"The LeLink2 appears to be Bluetooth LE (4) so it doesn't "pair" with your device the same way an older Bluetooth 3 or earlier adaptor does. Bluetooth LE devices work in both Android and iOS, and are directly accessed in the App without going through bluetooth settings in the operating system. Leafspy has a separate option for BLE devices although I've never tried it as I don't have one."

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also make sure any other apps like OBD Fusion on your apple or Torque, etc. are not connected/running in the background.

"The LeLink2 appears to be Bluetooth LE (4) so it doesn't "pair" with your device the same way an older Bluetooth 3 or earlier adaptor does. Bluetooth LE devices work in both Android and iOS, and are directly accessed in the App without going through bluetooth settings in the operating system. Leafspy has a separate option for BLE devices although I've never tried it as I don't have one."
I have a Bluetooth adapter I had from previous vehicles that works great with Torque, but wouldn't work with alfaOBD

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Bluetooth adapter I had from previous vehicles that works great with Torque, but wouldn't work with alfaOBD

Some of the cheap ELM327 BT OBD readers aren't fast enough.

I have a $20 BAFX adapter that kinda sorta works with AlfaOBD but I only use it on other cars to read/clear codes and leave the MX+ plugged into the truck always.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I run obdfusion on iphone, so I made sure I turned off bluetooth. The Samsung a8 tablet I’m using only has alfaobd installed, so I haven’t tried running any other software to connect from that device. I am making assumptions that the connection is fine between alfaobd and the LELink solely because it says connected and doesn’t spit out any connection errors. I’m assuming hardware is working because it works well with obdfusion.

Ha, I found that thread earlier today. I definitely can’t get get an automatic connection without selecting for connect in alfaobd, so I am not sure how that worked for them, unless maybe if join adhoc networks was enabled?

I think I’m in the same camp as HSKR with the adapter not fully working with alfaobd, but I’m not 100% certain on that. My WAG is that it’s for the reasons you just posted.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buy once cry once. The MX+ will work great.

Make sure you update the firmware using their app when you get it.

Firmware - story of my (professional) life. Always firmware, or DNS. LOL

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the cheap ELM327 BT OBD readers aren't fast enough.

I have a $20 BAFX adapter that kinda sorta works with AlfaOBD but I only use it on other cars to read/clear codes and leave the MX+ plugged into the truck always.
I have the BAFX adapter for mine. Has done everything I wanted to use it for. I know it won't connect to some modules, but I havent wanted to change anything on those anyways.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered yeaterday afternoon and it’s already here. As much as I don’t like them, Amazon is great sometimes.

EA13D992-1874-4646-9A32-F6B3C7A610CC.jpeg

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is there a way on Alfa OBD to just turn these lights on at this brightness without the headlights for DRL’s?

D08F7BA7-5041-474F-B81E-AC6E8CB150B9.jpeg

Mketch

Reaction score
If I have a Laramie with the air suspension and the off road group, can I use Alphaobd to give me the non-ORG ride heights and 5 height settings by simply changing the “VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable Vehicle“ option from yes to no? or is it not that simple?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the radio supposed to go black when using the bypass cable? Mine does
No. What are you using it, and is everything off when you connect it?

Beckster

Reaction score
Is there a way on Alfa OBD to just turn these lights on at this brightness without the headlights for DRL’s?

View attachment 135373
Yes when choosing aligt location for your DRl's choose the SRT option. It worked om my 2022 Night Edition Ecodiesel. Then find the voltage output and raise it the max of 12.2v. Mine was set on 7.2v when I found this out.

Beckster

Reaction score
Yes when choosing aligt location for your DRl's choose the SRT option. It worked om my 2022 Night Edition Ecodiesel. Then find the voltage output and raise it the max of 12.2v. Mine was set on 7.2v when I found this out.
Light location

Jack.

Reaction score
whatsup, anyone in south jersey that got this wanna help me enable my 33g tank? LOL

Synergy26

Reaction score
Is there a way to modify the HVAC setting ramp up, fan speed or temp with alfa obd? It look like I might need a special cable for it to connect. Does anyone know?

Ayeskix

Reaction score
Posted in another thread also.. looking for assistance walking me through Alfaobd setup for oem bed lights on my 22 trx. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread