5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

BGWS

Reaction score
Is there a setting to turn off the clearance lights on top of truck?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a setting to turn off the clearance lights on top of truck?

No, not specifically, because they are not run through the BCM. They are triggered off of the trailer tow tail lamps relay in the PDC, so, if you don’t use a trailer, you COULD disable the CBC Config I/O-Connector E Pin 24: Trailer Tail Lamp Relay Control Output Present setting, and that would kill the clearance lamps, along with the trailer tail lights output. Otherwise, you could wire in a dedicated AUX switch for them.

BGWS

Reaction score
No, not specifically, because they are not run through the BCM. They are triggered off of the trailer tow tail lamps relay in the PDC, so, if you don’t use a trailer, you COULD disable the CBC Config I/O-Connector E Pin 24: Trailer Tail Lamp Relay Control Output Present setting, and that would kill the clearance lamps, along with the trailer tail lights output. Otherwise, you could wire in a dedicated AUX switch for them.
I like the six switch idea how would I go about doing that?

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a setting in Alpha to turn off the “shift selector override” feature. I’ve had a couple off-road trips lately and found it incredibly annoying and almost dangerous. On a narrow section of trail we were moving along at a break neck 2 mph and I opened the door to look down and check the edge we were driving along. A warning chime came on and I stopped, then the truck proceeded to shift itself into park because the door opened apparently??!! Another stupid nanny feature I’d like to disable. Anyone know how to do it?

Rogo725

Reaction score
Is there a website or flow chart on what to turn on to enable certain features? For example, I noticed to enable something like the factory brake controller, you had to turn on like 4 or 5 different things. How would I know what things to turn on for something like enabling the fog lights with high beams (which I want to do) or the factory bed lights I’m going to install.

edehosse

Reaction score
Has anyone tried changing the illuminated approach settings in Alfa? Wondering if it's an option that can be turned on, or if additional hardware is required.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I wish they would add the option if you set auto tilt mirrors on reverse to exit it. Like pressing the ok button on the steering wheel. Right now I have to go in the radio to enable or disable.
So, parking or getting back into Drive doesn't exit reverse tilt?

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
It does but unless you bring up the screen there is no way to exit it. I like it when parking but not backing up the boat.
Gotcha. A quick toggle would be good, I hear ya. I liked BMW's implementation: only the passenger side mirror tilted while reversing, and you can move the "window select" button to the passenger window to make it undo the tilt.

Cableline01

Reaction score
Gotcha. A quick toggle would be good, I hear ya. I liked BMW's implementation: only the passenger side mirror tilted while reversing, and you can move the "window select" button to the passenger window to make it undo the tilt.

One idea I had when the truck is in reverse the left arrows are not used. I would love up mirrors normal and down tilts. This way you could do it on demand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone in Houston want to help me out and add the trailer brake controller flash to my truck? :eek:

RyanZ

Reaction score
Taking a stab here to see if any of yall who play with AlfaOBD would know if this OBDLink would work with it and our trucks, bought this for my last truck to do FORScan stuff.
If not what PC/Bluetooth adapter are yall using that are available on Amazon?

edehosse

Reaction score
Taking a stab here to see if any of yall who play with AlfaOBD would know if this OBDLink would work with it and our trucks, bought this for my last truck to do FORScan stuff.
If not what PC/Bluetooth adapter are yall using that are available on Amazon?

I would assume it would be OK as it is ELM327 compatible.

If you don't mind spending a bit more, here is the one I used:

Worked flawlessly using the Infotainment SGW bypass.

Eric

RyanZ

Reaction score
I would assume it would be OK as it is ELM327 compatible.

If you don't mind spending a bit more, here is the one I used:

Worked flawlessly using the Infotainment SGW bypass.

Eric
Thanks man! I'll download the demo on my laptop tonight and test the connection I guess without the SGW Bypass. I ordered the infotainment one yesterday as well. It should still connect and let me view info without the bypass right?

Dixit

Reaction score
Thanks man! I'll download the demo on my laptop tonight and test the connection I guess without the SGW Bypass. I ordered the infotainment one yesterday as well. It should still connect and let me view info without the bypass right?

Yes it will let you view data without the SGW bypass.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Can someone that has a limited or rebel with adaptive cruise and lanesense send me their car configuration profile from alpha? I need to compare it to mine. It'd be a huge help. Thanks

EcoRebel

Reaction score
Hello everyone new member here. I have a question for Jimmy07 or anybody else that is familiar with changing things on the BCM. What are the advantages or disadvantages when you’re comparing alpha OBD vs. Z automotive Taser? Is there any scenario where you would need both devices?
Thanks

Dixit

Reaction score
Can someone that has a limited or rebel with adaptive cruise and lanesense send me their car configuration profile from alpha? I need to compare it to mine. It'd be a huge help. Thanks

Here’s mine. 2019 Ram Limited 2wd Hemi eTorque loaded. Got adaptive cruise and lane sense.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone new member here. I have a question for Jimmy07 or anybody else that is familiar with changing things on the BCM. What are the advantages or disadvantages when you’re comparing alpha OBD vs. Z automotive Taser? Is there any scenario where you would need both devices?
Thanks
From what I gather tazer is a much more user friendly system to make simple changes that it’s capable of, alfaobd can do much more provided you know the settings you need to change. For example Alfaobd can add passive entry and rain sensing wipers to our trucks while tazer cannot. It all depends on what features you want to enable.

Users who are viewing this thread