5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

BGWS

Reaction score
Yes, which also why AlfaOBD can not program a fob for the 5th gens/2019+ HDs. Currently, the only way to program a fob is while the hub is connected to dealer connect with a live connection and pin.
Well that sucks... Will it eventually be able to?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that sucks... Will it eventually be able to?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I’m not sure. The best thing you could do is, take whatever PIN the dealer gives you, make sure debug recording is on, and try to reset the hub. Send the debug log to the developer, and ask him if he thinks there’s any way possible to make it work. If he gets enough requests, he’ll put in the effort to try and figure it out.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Yup. Here’s the setting:
Bed Light Switch Input Present - Pin G16: Yes
I had the chance to play with the alpha odb today and when I enabled the pin 16 my bed lights still didnt work, the push button on the drivers light would turn on the upper cargo light but no power to the bed lights. I had to select one more option for the pin 5 and once I did that the lights worked :)
Here are some screen shots so others will know which options to select.

Attachments

• 20200718_123656.jpg
    20200718_123656.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 20200718_123731.jpg
    20200718_123731.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 216

20nightEdition

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a tablet to use for the alfaobd program? I currently only have iOS devices. I thought that I could get the kindle fire but it seems like I will need the google play store and that is not supported on there. Any help is appreciated !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a tablet to use for the alfaobd program? I currently only have iOS devices. I thought that I could get the kindle fire but it seems like I will need the google play store and that is not supported on there. Any help is appreciated !

Google play store can be sideloaded onto the fire. I just bought a used android phone off eBay for $40. Search eBay for Android phone with bad esn. It just means the cellular service can’t be activated.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Turned on another feature on my 2020 BH.
Used alphaodb to turn on the tailgate open notification. Also now when I open the tailgate the bed lights and cargo lamps come on now (y) 20200726_113815.jpg 20200726_113832.jpg
I installed lasfit leds in the rear and I changed the options to leds for all exterior lights but I still have these two codes showing up when I check the codes, anyone have an idea what I need to do so it recognizes I have leds bulbs back there?
Screenshot_20200725-162439_AlfaOBD.jpg Screenshot_20200725-162433_AlfaOBD.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Used alphaodb to turn on the tailgate open notification. View attachment 63408 View attachment 63409
I installed lasfit leds in the rear and I changed the options to leds for all exterior lights but I still have these two codes showing up when I check the codes, anyone have an idea what I need to do so it recognizes I have leds builds back there? View attachment 63410 View attachment 63411
I’m surprised it’s not enabled from the factory. They all have the ajar circuit already.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Google play store can be sideloaded onto the fire. I just bought a used android phone off eBay for $40. Search eBay for Android phone with bad esn. It just means the cellular service can’t be activated.
Is a typical phone screen big enough to make changes on alfaobd? I have an old android but was looking for a tablet as I wasn’t sure if a phone would have a big enough screen.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is a typical phone screen big enough to make changes on alfaobd? I have an old android but was looking for a tablet as I wasn’t sure if a phone would have a big enough screen.
Absolutely. I guess it all depends on how big you “need” the screen to be?

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I use my Galaxy A50 phone, no problems with it, Unless your just wanting a huge screen phones work perfect, well for me anyways.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use my Galaxy A50 phone, no problems with it, Unless your just wanting a huge screen phones work perfect, well for me anyways.
Haven’t used the app before so wasn’t sure what the expect. Seems like I don’t need to waste the money on a tablet then!

g00fy

Reaction score
What brutal is referring to is- on the Cab N Chassis HD CTD Rams, there is an option in the commercial settings in the EVIC to run a manual regen if certain conditions are met. This is the setting he’s trying to enable to show up in the regular 2500/3500 HD EVIC, but we haven’t been able to find it yet. We need a BCM dump of a Cab N Chassis truck to compare with.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on this one, I happened to have my Bypass harness and OBDlink hooked up to our 2019 5500 at work, i can get a BCM dump tomorrow morning if you still need it.

I stumbled across this post because i'm looking to see if it's possible to enable the Regen In Progress / Regen Progress alerts on the EVIC like i used to have enabled with my GDE tune on my 2015 Ecodiesel. Most of my driving, especially lately with covid is almost exclusively around town, and I like to know when the truck is trying to regen so i can make sure I complete the cycle, I also like to avoid pulling in my garage in the middle of a regen if possible.

Last edited:

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Used alphaodb to turn on the tailgate open notification. Also now when I open the tailgate the bed lights and cargo lamps come on now (y)

And yet RAM can’t fix my Rebel that doesn’t display this or turn on the lights when the tailgate is open. I don’t understand.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And yet RAM can’t fix my Rebel that doesn’t display this or turn on the lights when the tailgate is open. I don’t understand.
This is strange. LAN is the sales code for the tailgate ajar, and is standard on the rebels. The only thing I can think of, is you have the sales code on the build, but engineering never enabled the setting in the BCM configuration. Which probably means, even if they restore the vehicle configuration at the dealer, it still won’t enable that setting.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a whole thread on this. I’ve had @RamCares try to assist and no success. They’re telling me that they don’t have a fix for it “yet”. I don’t they’re working on it personally.
I think I see what they have going on. BCM connector F pin 26 can serve two different functions (either, or). On DS Rams, it’s the cargo lamp switch signal, and on DT Rams, it’s the tailgate ajar switch sense. They must have configured that pin for the bits of a DS setting in the database of a DT configuration, rendering the latch sensor useless. AlfaOBD configures that BCM connector pin as either yes or no, so it’s obviously changing the correct bits.
I wouldn’t hold my breath on a fix soon. They’d have to identify which batch of BCMs got the wrong configuration, create an update, and release a customer satisfaction campaign or TSB. Better off just enabling it with AlfaOBD, and put it behind you.

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Sorry I'm a little late to the party on this one, I happened to have my Bypass harness and OBDlink hooked up to our 2019 5500 at work, i can get a BCM dump tomorrow morning if you still need it.

I stumbled across this post because i'm looking to see if it's possible to enable the Regen In Progress / Regen Progress alerts on the EVIC like i used to have enabled with my GDE tune on my 2015 Ecodiesel. Most of my driving, especially lately with covid is almost exclusively around town, and I like to know when the truck is trying to regen so i can make sure I complete the cycle, I also like to avoid pulling in my garage in the middle of a regen if possible.
There's a few people that want to do this, myself included, I don't think it's possible to do with AlphaOBD, I've only heard of GDE being able to do it before which seems weird...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Used alphaodb to turn on the tailgate open notification. Also now when I open the tailgate the bed lights and cargo lamps come on now (y) View attachment 63408 View attachment 63409
I installed lasfit leds in the rear and I changed the options to leds for all exterior lights but I still have these two codes showing up when I check the codes, anyone have an idea what I need to do so it recognizes I have leds bulbs back there?

I’m surprised it’s not enabled from the factory. They all have the ajar circuit already.

Is this a 1500/5th gen thing only?

I'd like to see that on my 2020 HD.

Users who are viewing this thread