5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
You need a security bypass as well:

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since the dealer is useless in enabling the tailgate ajar warning on my truck I am looking into purchasing AlfaOBD to do it myself. Does anyone in Canada have a recommendation for the bypass module/cable and Bluetooth adapter for an android device?

ram1500L

Reaction score
Since the dealer is useless in enabling the tailgate ajar warning on my truck I am looking into purchasing AlfaOBD to do it myself. Does anyone in Canada have a recommendation for the bypass module/cable and Bluetooth adapter for an android device?

I would also like to know which bluetooth adapter for laptop works. I do not have any android device.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would also like to know which bluetooth adapter for laptop works. I do not have any android device.

The OBDLink MX+ and a Windows version of AlphaOBD. If the (Windows) laptop has BT or you add a BT dongle, it will work.

ram1500L

Reaction score
Any warning light we can turn on dashboard for rambox? I had something stuck and it didn’t close. I realize when I got on Highway it popped up. It would be great to get a alert on dashboard that box is open.

Shives

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you need to change the combo rear brake light and cargo lamp to LED when installing them? Or will they work?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you need to change the combo rear brake light and cargo lamp to LED when installing them? Or will they work?
You don’t have to, but it will certainly help, because that setting disables the PWM. Most LED replacements come built to overcome PWM, but if you get a set that has separate resistors or “error canceller” boxes, they won’t be needed with this setting enabled.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
I just got the bypass and obd module today. Changed my tire size to fix the speedo. I also want to set the DRL to be the park lamp/turn signal. This is the settings I changed, not sure if its right. It didn't change ot on the truck. The next setting down was DRL dropout, and have no idea what that is.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
59d850a3500a4c9a866caddbd618491d.jpg

Last edited:

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
In reference above, my turn signals have switchback bulbs. White, then amber when flashing. Setting them as drl had them on, but lit up in amber instead of white.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In reference above, my turn signals have switchback bulbs. White, then amber when flashing. Setting them as drl had them on, but lit up in amber instead of white.

This is because the DRL location being used is the turn signal circuit, so the amber part of the bulb will be illuminated for DRLs. There is no such setting to make the park lamp circuit the DRL location. The only way to make those switchback bulbs use the white as DRL is to use the dedicated DRL wires and run them to the switchback bulb’s parking lamp circuit with diodes.
DRL dropout is when the DRL shuts off on the side of the vehicle when that turn signal is being used.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
This is because the DRL location being used is the turn signal circuit, so the amber part of the bulb will be illuminated for DRLs. There is no such setting to make the park lamp circuit the DRL location. The only way to make those switchback bulbs use the white as DRL is to use the dedicated DRL wires and run them to the switchback bulb’s parking lamp circuit with diodes.
DRL dropout is when the DRL shuts off on the side of the vehicle when that turn signal is being used.
Makes sense. It's not worth the trouble doing all that, I thought it'd look cool though.

2020 Rebel

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the alpha OBD or any of these programmer deals can turn on the factory alarm? I've been told that they can I've also been told that the dealer can turn it on but they usually will not? Not really interested in this programmer for anything except turn on the factory alarm if it's there? I do not plan to modify this truck at all it's a 2020 Rebel 5.7 e torque quad cab

Thanks !d

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the alpha OBD or any of these programmer deals can turn on the factory alarm? I've been told that they can I've also been told that the dealer can turn it on but they usually will not? Not really interested in having to need this programmer for anything except turn on the factory alarm if it's there as I do not plan to modify this truck at all it's a 2020 Rebel 5.7 e torque quad cab

Thanks !d
Yes, it can be turned on with AlfaOBD.

U

User_21361

Can the tazer dt also be used as a bypass?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alptbird

Reaction score
Can the tazer dt also be used as a bypass?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yes it can. I just use mine as a bypass last week. but unmarry it from the truck before you use it as a by pass. per Z Automotive. I can send the email where i asked them the same question 2 weeks ago.

RyanZ

Reaction score
Looking at doing the following adjustments with AlphaOBD and curious if they are doable.

Did we figure out if we can setup auto-fold mirrors on exit/entry?
Turn off Seat Belt Warning
Keep Fog lights on all times
Anything special with adjusting tire sizes?

Users who are viewing this thread