5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Nice! I was waiting for someone to post up about it. I have it on my amazon watch list. Going to wait until after my move later this year though. One less thing for me to box up (the OEM intake).

Nachizl8

Reaction score
Any chance you can get a longer clip inside the truck? Would really like to hear if there is a noticeable difference when getting on it

justinw89

Reaction score
Installed the aFe power Magnum force cold air intake.
Sounds amazing and looks great
Made a install video to make the process easier.
Link below

I was looking online at this and it’s saying it’s just for track use. Not sure if that’s ever enforced I live in Texas I don’t see how they would ever know. Or is this one legal I was seeing something about a carb attachment.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking online at this and it’s saying it’s just for track use. Not sure if that’s ever enforced I live in Texas I don’t see how they would ever know. Or is this one legal I was seeing something about a carb attachment.

I think it's illegal in California only.
I'm in South Carolina and it's my daily driver no problem here. I highly doubt it would cause you any trouble in texas

billyraff

Reaction score

That is to comply with California law since AFE is located in CA

NixG80

Reaction score
Any improvement with mpg?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DeanKing

Reaction score
How long did your install take? Seems like an hour after prep.

DeanKing

Reaction score
How long did your install take? Seems like an hour after prep.
It took me an hour not including prep and cleanup. A few tips for others not in the instructions. The fitting that goes in the grommet for the temp sensor won't go in without some lubrication. When you remove the temp sensor from the stock tube you do need to twist with some force to get past some bit of plastic RAM uses to hold it in. That bit breaks off. It freaks you out a bit when it breaks but it doesn't do anything to secure it. I think it is some kind of tamper thing.

RodRow

Reaction score
Took me about 35 minutes including unboxing. It’s very straight forward.
I didn’t notice anything break on my temp sensor...1/4 turn and a tug pulled it right out.
I won’t know about mileage for a little while, but I love the sound so much, I’ll take a little hit.

DeanKing

Reaction score
Took me about 35 minutes including unboxing. It’s very straight forward.
I didn’t notice anything break on my temp sensor...1/4 turn and a tug pulled it right out.
I won’t know about mileage for a little while, but I love the sound so much, I’ll take a little hit.
I had problems with the gasket and the temp sensor fitting. WIthout those, it would have been a half hour. I was really surprised the force it took to turn the temp sensor and then a little plastic tab smaller than a tick went flying. It does sound pretty good. I suspect I will get less mileage because it takes some throttle to get the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread