5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a longtime lurker and very thankful for all the research and efforts to resolve this problem. I was hoping that someone could verify the PNs needed for a 2019 RAM 2500 Bighorn in Bright White? I think I have pulled the correct PNs as it appears the HDs have a singular handle assembly with no separate cap? The PNs I get are:

68402181AB -Door Harnesses x2
1UJ81GW7A1 - Left Door Handle Assembly
1UJ86GW7A1 - Right Door Handle Assembly
68375990AC - Rear Bumper Receiver

I have AlphaOBD, the security link, and BT dongle as I am planning on adding TTPMS and Heated/Ventiliated seats. May also try to add rain sensing wipers.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cory
1) The door harnesses you have listed are just the jumper harnesses that plug into the main door harness and the handle. Your current door harness does not have the connector needed for that jumper harness to plug into. You would need those jumper harnesses, and new door harnesses to make it work. Or...you can PM me, and let me build you a set of harnesses that you just integrate into your current door harnesses.
2) Assuming the last digit in the part numbers for the door handles is supposed to be an I, not a 1, then those are the right handles for body color bright white without chrome.
3) There is no bumper receiver for the proximity handles. That part number is the receiver for TTPMS. You do need the antenna for behind the bumper, so the tailgate handle will work passively. The antenna part number you need is 56046957AA.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a longtime lurker and very thankful for all the research and efforts to resolve this problem. I was hoping that someone could verify the PNs needed for a 2019 RAM 2500 Bighorn in Bright White? I think I have pulled the correct PNs as it appears the HDs have a singular handle assembly with no separate cap? The PNs I get are:

68402181AB -Door Harnesses x2
1UJ81GW7A1 - Left Door Handle Assembly
1UJ86GW7A1 - Right Door Handle Assembly
68375990AC - Rear Bumper Receiver

I have AlphaOBD, the security link, and BT dongle as I am planning on adding TTPMS and Heated/Ventiliated seats. May also try to add rain sensing wipers.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cory

You can find the correct part numbers here:
Post in thread 'Adding Passive Entry: How-to' https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/adding-passive-entry-how-to.22274/post-310419

Fedwik

Reaction score
1) The door harnesses you have listed are just the jumper harnesses that plug into the main door harness and the handle. Your current door harness does not have the connector needed for that jumper harness to plug into. You would need those jumper harnesses, and new door harnesses to make it work. Or...you can PM me, and let me build you a set of harnesses that you just integrate into your current door harnesses.
2) Assuming the last digit in the part numbers for the door handles is supposed to be an I, not a 1, then those are the right handles for body color bright white without chrome.
3) There is no bumper receiver for the proximity handles. That part number is the receiver for TTPMS. You do need the antenna for behind the bumper, so the tailgate handle will work passively. 56046957AA The antenna part number you need is 56046957AA.
Thank you for this. I was under the impression that the same reciever for the TTPMS (that I am adding anyway) was used for the proximity as well.

Let me know what you would need to create those jumper harnesses. I build custom harnesses on the side for motorcycle adaption of various parts, but would be willing to buy a set.

Is there a separate harness that wpuld be required for the 56046957AA antenna? I know the TTPMS receiver plug is on all HD models for a PnP approach, but not this other antenna? If you have any more information that would be great.

Cory

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I was under the impression that the same reciever for the TTPMS (that I am adding anyway) was used for the proximity as well.

Let me know what you would need to create those jumper harnesses. I build custom harnesses on the side for motorcycle adaption of various parts, but would be willing to buy a set.

Is there a separate harness that wpuld be required for the 56046957AA antenna? I know the TTPMS receiver plug is on all HD models for a PnP approach, but not this other antenna? If you have any more information that would be great.

Cory
Pm replied to. Keep in mind for your TTPMS addition, you also need the TIM module and jumper cable in the headliner above the rear window- https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/tpms-tis-sensors-for-trailer-solved-see-1st-post.232/

Guysramrebel

Reaction score
I went with the Nismopar kit for my 19 2500. Had a friend get the sales code added then ordered the kit to make sure it could be done. Had another friend relearn the BCM. Also added Remote start. All factory parts so will have no warranty issues.
Who can do the sales code usually and why is it important?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who can do the sales code usually and why is it important?
You may be able to work with your local dealer's service manager to have their regional rep add it since it can't be done at the dealership level, but it's able to be done on your own with the alfaobd program. Check the link in my signature line for all the info you need.

twil72

Reaction score
I’m still lurking around just way busier than normal wife is heart patient and got covid glad 2020 is over
Hey Swifty,

I sent a PM. I live in MD and purchased a kit. Looking to come to your dealership for the install and all.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Kind of feel bad for asking but I can't get anyone local who knows how to do it. I sent you a PM swifty. I included my vin number.

mpgenaw

Reaction score
3) There is no bumper receiver for the proximity handles. That part number is the receiver for TTPMS. You do need the antenna for behind the bumper, so the tailgate handle will work passively. The antenna part number you need is 56046957AA.
What would yo charge for the harnesses Pre made?

ericcloe

Reaction score
so I ordered my kit from nismopar and it came with the factory harnesses. It didn't give instructions on how to connect the cables out of the way of the window. I figured out the routing and am posting pics incase anyone else is confused on how to route the cable.

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_212508.jpg
    IMG_20210622_212508.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20210622_212515.jpg
    IMG_20210622_212515.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 59

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so I ordered my kit from nismopar and it came with the factory harnesses. It didn't give instructions on how to connect the cables out of the way of the window. I figured out the routing and am posting pics incase anyone else is confused on how to route the cable.

There’s a whole thread on doing this step by step:

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericcloe

Reaction score

Ya I posted in here but I didn't see how to route the cable on the 2500 through the inside of the door. Of course I didn't go through all 48 pages. I did go through the HD section and nothing on this cable I posted so posted the proper way with my pictures.

ericcloe

Reaction score

Great work on the write up by the way. I read most of it but looked like most of it was dealing with the 1500.

twil72

Reaction score
So I bought the kit from nismopar and it came in. Is there anyone in the DelMarVa area that has used a dealership to install the wires and the handles that already knows what we are trying to do here. I tried to reach out to one of the guys that works at a dealership in DE that posted on here a lot but he has not gotten back to me. Thanks! I just don't know if I want to tackle doing it myself.

ericcloe

Reaction score
So I bought the kit from nismopar and it came in. Is there anyone in the DelMarVa area that has used a dealership to install the wires and the handles that already knows what we are trying to do here. I tried to reach out to one of the guys that works at a dealership in DE that posted on here a lot but he has not gotten back to me. Thanks! I just don't know if I want to tackle doing it myself.
I installed the kit with a help of a friend. Getting the inner door panel separated from the window was the hardest part. It requires someone to release the two clips while the window is pulled up. I used painters tape to hold them at the top. Here is a video showing how to do the rear panels if you got the color matching rears. The front is basically the same method but you have to replace the main harness in the door and add the outside one.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Go my kit from nismopar on the way. Also downloaded AlfaOBD, the wireless ODB connector and the bypass gateway. Should have everything ready to go by Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread