5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

parnine

Reaction score
Here is the full kit. Under $500.

Does not look like that includes the rear antenna, so that is not really a complete kit for most trucks and will generate error codes and the door lock not work properly

spiG

Reaction score
Or just buy Jimmys pre-made wires, and individual parts and pay less than $300 for the full kit with rear antenna.

than of course you need the bypass module, alpha obd, obdII reader.

Last edited:

BSE

Reaction score
I went with the Nismopar kit for my 19 2500. Had a friend get the sales code added then ordered the kit to make sure it could be done. Had another friend relearn the BCM. Also added Remote start. All factory parts so will have no warranty issues.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody that has done this and swapped the factory door harnesses in, I’m looking to buy a set of your old door harnesses for a side project. PM me if you have the old set that you want to sell.

hceptj

Reaction score
I was hoping someone had a fix for this as well...my 2016 Scatpack had it and it cost $10k less than my 2019 Ram 1500...just stupid on FCA to not include this when someone is spending $50k plus on a new vehicle.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I was hoping someone had a fix for this as well...my 2016 Scatpack had it and it cost $10k less than my 2019 Ram 1500...just stupid on FCA to not include this when someone is spending $50k plus on a new vehicle.
What do you mean?
I ton of us upgraded our trucks with passive entry systems....

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Oaafff, faawwwkk!!! I guess I took for granted that it was standard or included in the LVL2 package

Luis1275

Reaction score
Had to replace front door handles along with end caps and door wIring harnesses add sales code GXD dealership tech rep added it to vin list as I did not have the ability because it’s not an accessory kit from mopar
Part numbers will vary depending on color of vehicle and the way the truck is equipped I can help any of you get part numbers needed based off vin have access to Star parts
Thank you Swifty. How can i contact you with my VIN?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Swifty. How can i contact you with my VIN?
To contact Swifty you click this link:

I don't know if he's still in the forums...
For all the info you need on this upgrade, Go to this thread:
@MayhemMOORE Did an amazing job with this tutorial.

Swifty

Reaction score
To contact Swifty you click this link:

I don't know if he's still in the forums...
For all the info you need on this upgrade, Go to this thread:
@MayhemMOORE Did an amazing job with this tutorial.
I’m still lurking around just way busier than normal wife is heart patient and got covid glad 2020 is over

Fedwik

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a longtime lurker and very thankful for all the research and efforts to resolve this problem. I was hoping that someone could verify the PNs needed for a 2019 RAM 2500 Bighorn in Bright White? I think I have pulled the correct PNs as it appears the HDs have a singular handle assembly with no separate cap? The PNs I get are:

68402181AB -Door Harnesses x2
1UJ81GW7A1 - Left Door Handle Assembly
1UJ86GW7A1 - Right Door Handle Assembly
68375990AC - Rear Bumper Receiver

I have AlphaOBD, the security link, and BT dongle as I am planning on adding TTPMS and Heated/Ventiliated seats. May also try to add rain sensing wipers.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cory

Users who are viewing this thread