5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The initial few posts for the write-up are are up. I have several replies reserved which I will use to add the additional information for those wanting to make their own harnesses and stuff. I'm also having issues converting things to pdf right now, so once I get that sorted out I will get the files up with part numbers for connectors, terminals, etc. If anyone has any suggestions or something they want to add, by all means let me know. It's always tough trying to come up with something to make it as simple as possible for everyone, without making painfully long.

How-to

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for this list, I was able to find everything for my Granite Metallic by using your list as a baseline. The only thing I am still not totally clear on is the Right Door Handle Cap. When I find the correct part number for my Granite Metallic truck, it states that the part number for the right handle cap was superseded by the exact same part number as the left handle cap, and therefore is telling me to order the same part for both sides. The passenger side doesn't have a key cylinder in it, so I doubt it can be the same part, but I'm wondering if I can just use my current factory passenger side cap with the updated handle?

Did you run into this same issue?

The caps are specific to passive entry as there is a magnet inside them.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What part #'s did you go with for the 2020? I am seeing that some of the part numbers being given in this thread say they are not compatible with 2020's, such as 52112204AA. Looks like it is 52112204AB for the 2020's, but is this for all the antennas or just the rear tailgate?
Granite Crystal Met? That means i can have your parts list then lol

ssick92

Reaction score
Granite Crystal Met? That means i can have your parts list then lol

Sure thing, I went with the below for my 2020 Granite Crystal Metallic. Can't confirm it's all correct as nothing has been delivered or installed yet, but theoretically should work.
Part NumberDescriptionQty
52112204AA​
Passive Entry Antenna​
1​
68361306AD​
Front Door Wiring, Right​
1​
68439512AA​
Front Door Wiring​
1​
6CV361AUAD​
Exterior Door Handle, Right​
2​
6CV50LAUAC​
Door Handle Cap, Left​
1​
6CV50LAUABDoor Handle Cap, Right1

I will say that the Part #6CV50LAUAB for the Handle Cap, Right was very difficult to find... The mopar wholesale websites I was looking at didn't sell it because they said it was superseded by the left side cap (not sure how that would work since the driver side has a key entry and the passenger does not). I ended up getting it from RockAuto which said they had 1 left.

Last edited:

Chillz

Reaction score
It seems the left harness for the 2020 and 2019's are different. When I tried ordering 68439512AA for my 2019 it says its not compatible with my truck and suggested 68361307AC. Can anyone confirm that 68361307AC is actually whats correct for the 2019's?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure thing, I went with the below for my 2020 Granite Crystal Metallic. Can't confirm it's all correct as nothing has been delivered or installed yet, but theoretically should work.
Part NumberDescriptionQty
52112204AA​
Passive Entry Antenna​
1​
68361306AD​
Front Door Wiring, Right​
1​
68439512AA​
Front Door Wiring​
1​
6CV361AUAD​
Exterior Door Handle, Right​
2​
6CV50LAUAC​
Door Handle Cap, Left​
1​
6CV50LAUABDoor Handle Cap, Right1

I will say that the Part #6CV50LAUAB for the Handle Cap, Right was very difficult to find... The mopar wholesale websites I was looking at didn't sell it because they said it was superseded by the left side cap (not sure how that would work since the driver side has a key entry and the passenger does not). I ended up getting it from RockAuto which said they had 1 left.

I have the 2019 so I just realized these parts may not work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tazithman

Reaction score
The cheap one will work just fine. Are you planning on adding the factory rear fascia harness, or building your own with the connector and terminals?
I wouldn't be opposed to buying the harness to keep it "stock" but no clue which one I'd need.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to buying the harness to keep it "stock" but no clue which one I'd need.

Check out the how-to. In my opinion it’s easier to just add the wires you need to the rear. Replacing the whole harness back there is more involved.

racerxxxr

Reaction score
Hey MayhemMOORE, Did you say you started a new thread with all your hard work or will the how to be posted here? Thanks aagin

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey MayhemMOORE, Did you say you started a new thread with all your hard work or will the how to be posted here? Thanks aagin

Tazithman

Reaction score
The cheap one will work just fine. Are you planning on adding the factory rear fascia harness, or building your own with the connector and terminals?
When the sensor shows up, I may solder leads directly to it and run pigtails to a generic connector that I use to splice into main harness. I have wire and many male/female connectors already. Seems easier than tracking down a factory connector/pins.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When the sensor shows up, I may solder leads directly to it and run pigtails to a generic connector that I use to splice into main harness. I have wire and many male/female connectors already. Seems easier than tracking down a factory connector/pins.

@Jimmy07 can make them, and the one he sent me for testing looks professional, was plug and play, and also maintains the weather tightness of the system as long as you add a little tape where you exit the wire loom. It’s going to see a lot of road spray back there.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 can make them, and the one he sent me for testing looks professional, was plug and play, and also maintains the weather tightness of the system as long as you add a little tape where you exit the wire loom. It’s going to see a lot of road spray back there.
Using Jimmys plugs would make for an overall easier instal too right? Wouldn’t need to tear the entire harness out of both doors and replace with a new just zip tie his in after it’s wired in.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Using Jimmys plugs would make for an overall easier instal too right? Wouldn’t need to tear the entire harness out of both doors and replace with a new just zip tie his in after it’s wired in.

You'd still have to remove the panels enough to be able to route the new wire, and disconnect it at the body to add the new terminals, but you wouldn't have to remove it all from the carrier. Not a whole lot less work, but it would save a lot of money and not leave you with a whole harness lying around.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'd still have to remove the panels enough to be able to route the new wire, and disconnect it at the body to add the new terminals, but you wouldn't have to remove it all from the carrier. Not a whole lot less work, but it would save a lot of money and not leave you with a whole harness lying around.
Yeah if this can be done for less than $300 total including alfaobd and everything that will be very helpful!

Tazithman

Reaction score
I would epoxy pigtail connection and heat shrink the rest

igorh

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Is anyone in Houston, TX area and has found a dealer and a tech willing to add the GXD sales code and are willing to share please PM me.
Thanks

Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Is anyone is in Houston, TX and has found a dealer and a tech willing to add the GXD sales code and are willing to share please PM me.
Thanks
Read the tail end of this thread and it is no longer needed to add sales code. You can program yourself with ALPHAOBD.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
Subbing to finish reading from page 15. The last post seems promising. I bought a 2020 Rebel in April and because the salesman was limited contact, he was not able to go over the truck and I assumed that keyless entry was passive.

Users who are viewing this thread