5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Knight.

Reaction score
Go my kit from nismopar on the way. Also downloaded AlfaOBD, the wireless ODB connector and the bypass gateway. Should have everything ready to go by Monday.

I'm thinking of doing this to my truck and getting the kit from nismopar as well. Can i ask where you bought the wireless ODB connector and the bypass gateway from?

Thanks

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this to my truck and getting the kit from nismopar as well. Can i ask where you bought the wireless ODB connector and the bypass gateway from?

Thanks
I bought the wireless ODB connector off Amazon and the gateway from Infotainment.com

ericcloe

Reaction score
I bought the wireless ODB connector off Amazon and the gateway from Infotainment.com
Kaodtech is where I got my security bypass. I bought the mx+ odb programmer. The kaodtech you can leave hooked up and is pretty easy to install.

Knight.

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys. I need to get them on order.
I was thinking, since I have to remove the door panels I might as well replace those stock speakers with something better.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Thank you FedEx! So close to making this happen 😊

Attachments

• 74B9DCA5-6364-478C-9B20-5F5B5C98FA72.jpeg
    74B9DCA5-6364-478C-9B20-5F5B5C98FA72.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 26

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
One handle installed. Not too bad of a job- getting the door jam harness to disconnect and fish out was the biggest PITA. My progress has been halted due to rain. Continue tomorrow.

Attachments

• 66F0B5B0-9C77-4290-8DAC-440F3E8D482C.jpeg
    66F0B5B0-9C77-4290-8DAC-440F3E8D482C.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 26

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
All done. Now just need my gateway bypass to arrive and I’ll attempt to add passive entry using AlfaODB.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Scale from 1-10, how hard was it?
If you have the right tools (needle nose pliers, panel tools, torx drivers, etc.) and some patience, it's not a difficult job, so I'd say maybe a 4-5. The dedicated step-by-step post, that's been previously posted in this thread, provides a lot of great insight and tips. IMO, the best way to do this is to buy the factory harnesses/parts and remove the inner door panel (it's what the window track, door latch assembly, etc.) all mount to. Buying the factory parts costs more money, but it makes it a plug 'n play job and although removing the inner panel adds a few extra steps, it makes the job a lot easier in the long run.

ericcloe

Reaction score
If you have the right tools (needle nose pliers, panel tools, torx drivers, etc.) and some patience, it's not a difficult job, so I'd say maybe a 4-5. The dedicated step-by-step post, that's been previously posted in this thread, provides a lot of great insight and tips. IMO, the best way to do this is to buy the factory harnesses/parts and remove the inner door panel (it's what the window track, door latch assembly, etc.) all mount to. Buying the factory parts costs more money, but it makes it a plug 'n play job and although removing the inner panel adds a few extra steps, it makes the job a lot easier in the long run.
Ya the kit from nismopar includes all the factory harnesses you need. I posted some pics on routing on the handle wiring. It should be a page or two ago. It wasn't to bad after watching some YouTube videos on removing the inner door panel

Knight.

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys. This something I need to do. Can’t stand taking the fob out just to unlock the doors. I’ll be going the nismopar route as well. I don’t need to get the rear door handles right? The front ones will match up to the rear I assume.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys. This something I need to do. Can’t stand taking the fob out just to unlock the doors. I’ll be going the nismopar route as well. I don’t need to get the rear door handles right? The front ones will match up to the rear I assume.
The white handles they sent me matched my truck and the existing rear handles.

ericcloe

Reaction score
I bought the rear handles because my tradesman had flat black handles. If your handles are already color matched to your paint you do need the rear handles.

Knight.

Reaction score
I bought the rear handles because my tradesman had flat black handles. If your handles are already color matched to your paint you do need the rear handles.
Hmmm, do the rear handles need to be changed too? I thought it’s only the front doors. Mine are colored to match the trucks paint. I’m going to order the handles to match the paint color.

ericcloe

Reaction score
Hmmm, do the rear handles need to be changed too? I thought it’s only the front doors. Mine are colored to match the trucks paint. I’m going to order the handles to match the paint color.
no they do not. Mine were flat black plastic. You only need to change them if your back ones don't already match your body color. Mine did not from the factory. Here is the back after I installed and the front handle before I installed so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_074339.jpg
    IMG_20210622_074339.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 35

Knight.

Reaction score
no they do not. Mine were flat black plastic. You only need to change them if your back ones don't already match your body color. Mine did not from the factory. Here is the back after I installed and the front handle before I installed so you can see what I mean.
Okay thanks. Saves me a few bucks not having to change the rears lol.

twil72

Reaction score
I installed the kit with a help of a friend. Getting the inner door panel separated from the window was the hardest part. It requires someone to release the two clips while the window is pulled up. I used painters tape to hold them at the top. Here is a video showing how to do the rear panels if you got the color matching rears. The front is basically the same method but you have to replace the main harness in the door and add the outside one.
Once you installed the kit did you use the AlfaOBD to basically turn it on or did you get someone to add the sales code to your VIN?

Users who are viewing this thread