5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding OEM Front Camera?

Shives

Reaction score
What is the PN on that? Mopar has a couple that look very similar, but it’s hard to tell from the drawings exactly what one I need. I have your same grill. Also, did you buy any of the camera brackets that would go behind it and work to make it fit with an aftermarket camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I did not buy any brackets, for I’m beyond handy making things fit, mount and look oem with my own products and methods.
what’s stopping me currently is the fact I’m having trouble enabling the CHMSL camera with the Non-navigation unit. I’ve been in contact with Zautomotive and Ian at first, who really sucks for help and manors. Weeks later I get a return letter that was a bit better... Tho I’ve stressed the same information about the camera (as a good group of us purchased this for this feature!!!) not working. I’ve yet to get a response.
And yea, the parts online is a pain when it comes to this badge. So, in my trial and error... I’ve purchased a couple.
The one in the photo is 68341467AC to which I purchased from Bam Wholesale! Depending where you are, their prices are awesome and shipping is good!

Shives

Reaction score
Anyone figure out why some folks use pins 21/22 compared to pins 24/25 on others. Is it model or option specific that makes it vary from truck to truck.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
It depends on what truck, and what line you have. It’s been figured out that depending on your truck, the BCM could be using those pins for another item. The pins are not static.. yet programmed. So, for instance the Bighorn could be pins 24/25 cause we don’t use as many features, as say a limited with surround view and more.
Understand?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It depends on what truck, and what line you have. It’s been figured out that depending on your truck, the BCM could be using those pins for another item. The pins are not static.. yet programmed. So, for instance the Bighorn could be pins 24/25 cause we don’t use as many features, as say a limited with surround view and more.
Understand?
Wasn't sure which ones to try since the rebel falls in the middle of the line up so I decided to go with 21/22 first and that worked. So if it helps anyone else 21/22 for a rebel with level 2 package.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Is there a way, after adding a front camera to the cargo camera input that you can make the view switch from the reverse cam to the cargo cam after you put the truck back in drive? How it has the 10 second delay where the image still stays up. I know you can manually switch it but wanted to see if anyone knew an option to change it in AlfaOBD or anything.

bskubon

Reaction score
Guys, need clarification, I have a 2020 Limited without the Surround View option - cause I got the towing option. Any case, my chrome grill does not have the camera hole. Seems that getting the 68341467ac new RAM piece is not enough - looks like the horizontal grill bar below the camera needs to be cutout. Thus another grill with that curve around the bottom of the camera or cut out that area like the guy did with the file - is this correct?

hemirob

Reaction score
If you have this style grill, get this part! Make your life easy, and install look factory, not chopped up. I also have another style that I’ll be posting up for sale soon.
I have this RAM with Camera mount part and have looked all over to see what it will take to actually remove the present one install this and can't seem to find any thing, does the whole front end need to come off? Any info is appreciated.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't have one but my experience tells me you're going to need to remove the grill and it's either going to snap into place or screw in from behind.

1500DFW

Reaction score
So how are y’all running power to the camera?

And what’s the easiest way to test if I need pin 21 & 22 or 24 & 25?

bskubon

Reaction score
Following up on the power question - is the camera powered on full time via a switched ignition circuit? Suppose could put a power switch under the dash some where. Also, what video cable is recommended?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So how are y’all running power to the camera?

And what’s the easiest way to test if I need pin 21 & 22 or 24 & 25?

Check post#222, at the end of day I could of went either way and chose 21/22 for my Rebel and was correct.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following up on the power question - is the camera powered on full time via a switched ignition circuit? Suppose could put a power switch under the dash some where. Also, what video cable is recommended?
Mine is powered on was truck is started.. I debated putting in secondary switch so camera isn't powered all the time but for the price of camera and goi g bad prematurely I will just replace. If my camera had led's I would possible consider secondary switch. All the cameras I have tried came with rca cable long enough so I just used what came with the camera.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Mine is powered on was truck is started.. I debated putting in secondary switch so camera isn't powered all the time but for the price of camera and goi g bad prematurely I will just replace. If my camera had led's I would possible consider secondary switch. All the cameras I have tried came with rca cable long enough so I just used what came with the camera.

Did you power it with an inline fuse in the cab or the engine bay?

1500DFW

Reaction score
Check post#222, at the end of day I could of went either way and chose 21/22 for my Rebel and was correct.

I’m kind of new to this so apologies. But did you install an RCA pigtail and to the pins and just get lucky? If you shoes wrong would you just redo it and cut it off the wrong pins or what?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you power it with an inline fuse in the cab or the engine bay?

Used a fuse tap in engine bay fuse panel to grab power than added inline fuse to camera.

Shives

Reaction score
You will need to remove the full front grill and slowly remove the badges. Ones you get it all off you will see how to go about it.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Got this done today/tonight. Many thanks to everyone who has commented and added to this thread.

Side note, for those keeping track, it was 21/22 for me as well. 2020 Rebel.

Attachments

• 797CFCE4-259E-4858-80BD-1430BA9DF4BF.jpeg
    797CFCE4-259E-4858-80BD-1430BA9DF4BF.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 496
  • F9C70E5D-0CC0-46A5-8771-63EFC221DBA8.jpeg
    F9C70E5D-0CC0-46A5-8771-63EFC221DBA8.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 496
  • DEED0B40-F105-4A52-8549-49504871A9BA.jpeg
    DEED0B40-F105-4A52-8549-49504871A9BA.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 496

PHFT

Reaction score
Got this done today/tonight. Many thanks to everyone who has commented and added to this thread.

which camera did you go with?

ReLLIK75

Reaction score

Can you share your full parts list?

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Can you share your full parts list?
NATIKA Backup/Front View Camera,IP69K Waterproof Great Night Vision HD and Super Wide Angle Metal OEM Style Reverse Rear View Backup Camera for Cars Pickup Trucks SUVs RVs Vans (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H852D49/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_mzOVFbCS2J59H?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

VNDEFUL 2PCS Car Audio Line Lotus Head Audio Line RCA Line Female Head Single-Head AV Line On The Upper Tin RCA Video Line. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKVFX2H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_EBOVFbZNATSF1

You’ll need two of these, to go onto the ends of the RCA pigtail...

BioFuse Micro2 17 Piece Automotive Fuse Assortment and Holders Pack (2 Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap Adapters, 14 Blade Fuses + Fuse Puller) 5A 7.5A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HPKJFZ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_kMrWFbQ61NZTS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
NATIKA Backup/Front View Camera,IP69K Waterproof Great Night Vision HD and Super Wide Angle Metal OEM Style Reverse Rear View Backup Camera for Cars Pickup Trucks SUVs RVs Vans (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H852D49/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_mzOVFbCS2J59H?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

VNDEFUL 2PCS Car Audio Line Lotus Head Audio Line RCA Line Female Head Single-Head AV Line On The Upper Tin RCA Video Line. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BKVFX2H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_EBOVFbZNATSF1

You’ll need two of these, to go onto the ends of the RCA pigtail...

Awesome! Thanks! Already have the tazer so just need to get the other parts. And all you had to do was pull the radio and run the camera wire? Anything overly challenging or any gotchas to be aware of?

Users who are viewing this thread