5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add Me to the List: Water Leaking

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Happy to report that my A pillar leak is fixed. Thanks again to @Diamonback for providing the Star case number.

d19r93

Reaction score
Happy to report that my A pillar leak is fixed. Thanks again to @Diamonback for providing the Star case number.
Yay! Hopefully they cleaned out the rest of the water, and dried out the carpet too! I would have thought they would have figured that out by 7-29-19 (my build date) and had it fixed.

Turtle

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for their postings about the A pillar leaks! I purchased my truck back in Oct. 2018 and this summer I found my front driver side carpet wet by the door sill. Dried it out 3 times and it would always get wet again after rain, and had it water tested at the dealer twice ( no results). After finding the posting about the sunroof drain tube grommets, I noticed mine were out, and had the dealer instal them properly and seal them. I've been leak free for a couple of months, until now. We had very heavy rains and high winds recently and I decided to check on the carpet again. It's wet again in the same area. So I will take it to the dealer and show them the Star case, thanks to @Diamonback's posting. I am praying they will find the issue here and this will fix my water issues once and for all. I love the truck but this is very upsetting and frustrating. It is now autumn and there will be a lot more rain to come, as well as the snow, making me very nervous. I will post updates as they come.
Also, I have to say, Chrysler Canada has not been helpful at all. I called them twice for the first leak to start a case file and they told me everything would have to be taken care of by the dealer. They offered no help. I don't think Chrysler really cares about their customers at all. No Lemon Laws here either, so I have to get this leak resolved or it will cost me an awful lot of money.

gllh

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for their postings about the A pillar leaks! I purchased my truck back in Oct. 2018 and this summer I found my front driver side carpet wet by the door sill. Dried it out 3 times and it would always get wet again after rain, and had it water tested at the dealer twice ( no results). After finding the posting about the sunroof drain tube grommets, I noticed mine were out, and had the dealer instal them properly and seal them. I've been leak free for a couple of months, until now. We had very heavy rains and high winds recently and I decided to check on the carpet again. It's wet again in the same area. So I will take it to the dealer and show them the Star case, thanks to @Diamonback's posting. I am praying they will find the issue here and this will fix my water issues once and for all. I love the truck but this is very upsetting and frustrating. It is now autumn and there will be a lot more rain to come, as well as the snow, making me very nervous. I will post updates as they come.
Also, I have to say, Chrysler Canada has not been helpful at all. I called them twice for the first leak to start a case file and they told me everything would have to be taken care of by the dealer. They offered no help. I don't think Chrysler really cares about their customers at all. No Lemon Laws here either, so I have to get this leak resolved or it will cost me an awful lot of money.
I'll wait for the movie.

Turtle

Reaction score
Well the dealer has had my truck for 9 days now, and can’t find the leak. Just wondering if anyone has heard of, or found any other areas of concern lately for leaks? I’ve had them check under front fender, windshield, pinch welds, and they already resealed the sunroof grommets. Water is always in same place, driver’s side floor by door sill.

Turtle

Reaction score
My dealer said they didn’t want to take the fender off if they didn’t have to. They said their water leak pro ran water over the area relating to the Star case from post #59, and no leak was found. My question is, would this suffice to reproduce the leak in this spot? Or would the fender have to be removed? Anyone know?

VinnyRam

Reaction score
My dealer said they didn’t want to take the fender off if they didn’t have to. They said their water leak pro ran water over the area relating to the Star case from post #59, and no leak was found. My question is, would this suffice to reproduce the leak in this spot? Or would the fender have to be removed? Anyone know?
The dealer body shop took of my fender as stated in the star case. I've tried to fix it myself but I can't do it without removing the fender.

cdog5

Reaction score
Well the dealer has had my truck for 9 days now, and can’t find the leak. Just wondering if anyone has heard of, or found any other areas of concern lately for leaks? I’ve had them check under front fender, windshield, pinch welds, and they already resealed the sunroof grommets. Water is always in same place, driver’s side floor by door sill.
2020 Laramie Crew 4x4 - Sept build. 2 rain storms, 2 puddles under driver floor mat. I took the truck in with 250 miles on the odometer and handed them the Star case mentioned in post #59 (thank you!). The first water check did reveal I had the A-pillar seam leak. Off the fender came and they sealed it per the instructions described in the Star case. The dealer replaced the carpet without prompting from me. I have not had water in the cabin since. I’d be willing to wager a lot more folks have this leak than realize it. I would not have noticed initially had I not been removing my floor mat. The top of the mat was as dry as a bone…. The carpet underneath was NOT.

Turtle

Reaction score
2020 Laramie Crew 4x4 - Sept build. 2 rain storms, 2 puddles under driver floor mat. I took the truck in with 250 miles on the odometer and handed them the Star case mentioned in post #59 (thank you!). The first water check did reveal I had the A-pillar seam leak. Off the fender came and they sealed it per the instructions described in the Star case. The dealer replaced the carpet without prompting from me. I have not had water in the cabin since. I’d be willing to wager a lot more folks have this leak than realize it. I would not have noticed initially had I not been removing my floor mat. The top of the mat was as dry as a bone…. The carpet underneath was NOT.
Any idea if your dealer found water leaking in without taking the fender off? I’m just not sure if I should insist the fender be taken off and the A pillar re sealed regardless?

Turtle

Reaction score
The dealer body shop took of my fender as stated in the star case. I've tried to fix it myself but I can't do it without removing the fender.
Was your leak reproduced without taking the fender off? They can’t reproduce a leak and I am at a loss, as are they. Wondering if I should insist this be done regardless? I only have water inside after very heavy rain.

cdog5

Reaction score
Any idea if your dealer found water leaking in without taking the fender off? I’m just not sure if I should insist the fender be taken off and the A pillar re sealed regardless?
they exposed the inside of the A pillar by removing the trim inside the truck. Water dripped from that seam during water test. With the Star case as a guide they then removed fender and sprayed the area again (more water inside). I don't know if they'd have gone that route had i not provided them the Star case. Check out the video in Post #1 to see a good example of the leak from inside the truck (and fender still on!)

Turtle

Reaction score
they exposed the inside of the A pillar by removing the trim inside the truck. Water dripped from that seam during water test. With the Star case as a guide they then removed fender and sprayed the area again (more water inside). I don't know if they'd have gone that route had i not provided them the Star case. Check out the video in Post #1 to see a good example of the leak from inside the truck (and fender still on!)
Ok thank you. I’ll tell them to remove inside trim first. I don’t have any faith in them at this point.

tyresmoker

Reaction score
this issue is not just exclusive to the Ram. We have a '19 F350 Platinum dually in the company fleet. Spent 30 days in the shop chasing a leak. Ended up taking the entire nose off the truck to find it. I saw pictures. That was enough. Oh, it also had a pretty nasty fuel leak. Might be one of the reasons I bought a Ram?

VinnyRam

Reaction score
I totally agree that many people out there are having the same leak just don't know it yet. The robot wasn't programmed to seal this spot. Mine was built in Nov 2018 and got the leak.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Was your leak reproduced without taking the fender off? They can’t reproduce a leak and I am at a loss, as are they. Wondering if I should insist this be done regardless? I only have water inside after very heavy rain.
Yes by putting a garden hose at the bottom of the windshield on the driver side.. No leak on the passenger side.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
So is this leak only present when driving in heavy rain or is it present with the truck just sitting? Only had the truck for 8 or so weeks and only driven in moderate rain. I have hand washed the truck at least 10 times and I vacuum after every wash. So far I've found no moisture inside the cab in any of the locations mentioned.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Turtle

Reaction score
So is this leak only present when driving in heavy rain or is it present with the truck just sitting? Only had the truck for 8 or so weeks and only driven in moderate rain. I have hand washed the truck at least 10 times and I vacuum after every wash. So far I've found no moisture inside the cab in any of the locations mentioned.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
I always find water on driver's side floor close to door by wiring cluster after very heavy rains. The truck is always sitting in the driveway, usually backed in on a very slight slope forward.

PHANTA5M

Reaction score
Sorry for this being my first post and not a good one... I was looking at a 2019 Rebel that has been on dealer lot for 9 months. I went to do another test drive today and sure enough the driver side floor carpet was damp and underneath was wet. Not sure what to do at this point. I did forward the star case files to my dealer. I would not have known about this leak if not for this forum. Thank you.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry for this being my first post and not a good one... I was looking at a 2019 Rebel that has been on dealer lot for 9 months. I went to do another test drive today and sure enough the driver side floor carpet was damp and underneath was wet. Not sure what to do at this point. I did forward the star case files to my dealer. I would not have known about this leak if not for this forum. Thank you.

Just to clarify, you didn’t purchase it yet did you?

Users who are viewing this thread