5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add Me to the List: Water Leaking

PHANTA5M

Reaction score
Correct, I did not purchase but dealer did offer to fix it.

Last edited:

d19r93

Reaction score
Ok thank you. I’ll tell them to remove inside trim first. I don’t have any faith in them at this point.
I was the one to show my dealer the leak. If you're getting water up there, it's either the STAR case issue, or in my case, I had a bad door seal in addition to the STAR case leak. I had to hold the hose at the TOP of the windshield for mine to leak noticeably, maybe try the same. I would see if you are able to go in and try to "help" them find the leak. That's what I did. It may have made them mad, but the leak was found and fixed.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
SIgh...

Frikkin leak.

going to start a new thread - as it seems mine is not in THE FRONT - but in the REAR DRIVERS SIDE.

I noticed it when I picked the vehicle up at purchase. Pulled the rear mat out - it was damp on the carpet and the underside of the mat. I sat the mat out on the sun and let the carpet air dry. I figured someone left a window down when it was on the lot.

Have done 3 machine washes and looked for leaks, headliner stains, etc. - nothing appeared to be leaking. I went today, to install the underseat storage bin, and noticed some dampness under the seat where the factory hinged storage bin mounts, pulled he mat and it was damp under there again.

I think it might be the same issue as this one: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/water-leak-and-wet-carpet-solved.6614/#post-95025

Rick

TX_Phil

Reaction score
I always find water on driver's side floor close to door by wiring cluster after very heavy rains. The truck is always sitting in the driveway, usually backed in on a very slight slope forward.
Thanks for the info. So far it has been dry but I'm going to keep an eye on it. It is so humid down here in Houston that any water like that will quickly turn into mold and or mildew. I don't need a $50k toxic air chamber!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

RSConsulting

Reaction score
SIgh...

Frikkin leak.

going to start a new thread - as it seems mine is not in THE FRONT - but in the REAR DRIVERS SIDE.

I noticed it when I picked the vehicle up at purchase. Pulled the rear mat out - it was damp on the carpet and the underside of the mat. I sat the mat out on the sun and let the carpet air dry. I figured someone left a window down when it was on the lot.

Have done 3 machine washes and looked for leaks, headliner stains, etc. - nothing appeared to be leaking. I went today, to install the underseat storage bin, and noticed some dampness under the seat where the factory hinged storage bin mounts, pulled he mat and it was damp under there again.

I think it might be the same issue as this one: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/water-leak-and-wet-carpet-solved.6614/#post-95025

Rick

Okay - checked tonight in the dark - drivers side rear sunroof drain grommet. Of to the stealership since I don't feel like dealing with it myself (color me LAZY)...

Rick

Turtle

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. So far it has been dry but I'm going to keep an eye on it. It is so humid down here in Houston that any water like that will quickly turn into mold and or mildew. I don't need a $50k toxic air chamber!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Good luck! I hope they fix yours. Mine just spent 11 days at dealer, and still couldn’t find the leak. The rep at Chrysler told me they don’t do buy backs. Anyways, I’m meeting with the sales manager Sat morning to get some trade in numbers. Sigh

Turtle

Reaction score
Okay - checked tonight in the dark - drivers side rear sunroof drain grommet. Of to the stealership since I don't feel like dealing with it myself (color me LAZY)...

Rick
Mine started out with dampness in the back. Both grommets were out. Once installed correctly and sealed I haven’t had any issues in the back. However 2 months later, after another torrential downpour, I have water in the front again. So hopefully the grommets are your only cause of leak.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Good luck! I hope they fix yours. Mine just spent 11 days at dealer, and still couldn’t find the leak. The rep at Chrysler told me they don’t do buy backs. Anyways, I’m meeting with the sales manager Sat morning to get some trade in numbers. Sigh
Dang... 11 days and no fix ? Sorry to hear that.
I guess so far I've been lucky not having any leaks. I will be watching it like a hawk that's for sure.
Good luck and don't give up. For the money we spend on these trucks we should have some kind of recourse.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Dealership ordered me a new 3rd brake light.. They said that was where mine was leaking from. Installed it yesterday so I will know Saturday since it supposed to rain here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turtle

Reaction score
Dealership ordered me a new 3rd brake light.. They said that was where mine was leaking from. Installed it yesterday so I will know Saturday since it supposed to rain here.

Good luck. I hope that’s the end of it for you.
I met with the dealer owner and will not be doing a trade in for a new 2020 model as I am going to take a huge financial loss, so I am still hoping that some time between now and spring they can fix my truck. They have given back to me for the 4th time now and it’s still not fixed. They can’t reproduce the leak. Very disappointed.
I have removed the door trim at the bottom and will leave it off so I can monitor it more easily. I am debating removing the A pillar trim inside and the handle as well and leaving it off for awhile. We have a bunch of rain coming. Can anyone tell me if it would be a bad idea to drive around with the A pillar trim off, given that the air bag components are in there?

d19r93

Reaction score
I met with the dealer owner and will not be doing a trade in for a new 2020 model as I am going to take a huge financial loss, so I am still hoping that some time between now and spring they can fix my truck. They have given back to me for the 4th time now and it’s still not fixed. They can’t reproduce the leak. Very disappointed.
I have removed the door trim at the bottom and will leave it off so I can monitor it more easily. I am debating removing the A pillar trim inside and the handle as well and leaving it off for awhile. We have a bunch of rain coming. Can anyone tell me if it would be a bad idea to drive around with the A pillar trim off, given that the air bag components are in there?
You won't hurt anything by leaving it off. If you roll the truck or take a hard impact to the side, that may yield different results. I would be doing the same thing though, especially if they "couldn't reproduce the leak" as they tell you. Good luck, and I hope a good resolution comes quickly!

whetrick1

Reaction score

Well I went back in yesterday because mine was still leaking. They took mine back to where they wash the new cars. Put water on the 3rd brake light and in about 2 mins mine was dripping water on the drivers side back seat by the head rest. The sealed the brake light because it was going to rain all day here today. They told if it doesn’t leak they will order me another 3rd brake light said that they might have got a bad one.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I went back in yesterday because mine was still leaking. They took mine back to where they wash the new cars. Put water on the 3rd brake light and in about 2 mins mine was dripping water on the drivers side back seat by the head rest. The sealed the brake light because it was going to rain all day here today. They told if it doesn’t leak they will order me another 3rd brake light said that they might have got a bad one.

Third brake lights have been leaking since the 4th gen I think

Turtle

Reaction score
You won't hurt anything by leaving it off. If you roll the truck or take a hard impact to the side, that may yield different results. I would be doing the same thing though, especially if they "couldn't reproduce the leak" as they tell you. Good luck, and I hope a good resolution comes quickly!
Ok perfect! Thank you. I feel left to monitor it on my own and I will wash it this week too to see how it all goes. Sigh...

whetrick1

Reaction score
Third brake lights have been leaking since the 4th gen I think

Well after sealing the 3rd brake light it is still leaking. I told them that I didn't think it was the 3rd brake light. I said why don't you check the shark din antenna and they said that it wasn't wet up there. I told them the water might run off of it fast enough to keep it from soaking it. They opened a star case about it. I said well if you don't fix it fast you can go ahead and order me a new back seat also. Then he just gave me one of those crazy looks.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply bud, Mine was built march of 19. I'll have to look now I'm curious. Sterling heights assembly plant.

Mine didn't start leaking until I had about 17K on it. So you can never go by that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/