5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add Me to the List: Water Leaking

d19r93

Reaction score
That's very good to hear. I also told my dealer about the the Star case and took my truck in today. Got a call later in the day that this is something that their body shop has to do but they don't have a can of the sealant spray to do the work. I'll have to bring it back next week. However, they took care of my 2 recalls so it wasn't a waste of time. Did they put the fender back correctly ? Thanks for the update. Everyone should check their truck for this leak.
Yes they put the fender back on correctly. The body shop performed this repair for mine as well. Nothing looks out of place. We’re getting heavy rain today so this will be the perfect test! Good luck on yours!

d19r93

Reaction score
Well, good news and bad. The leak at the A-Pillar is now fixed. But, with our heavy rain today, I checked out the drivers floorboard. I found water again, but not near the front. I traced it back and it's coming from the rear driver's side. *sigh*. The passenger side is dry as a bone, but the driver's side is soaked. Back to the dealer.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Well, good news and bad. The leak at the A-Pillar is now fixed. But, with our heavy rain today, I checked out the drivers floorboard. I found water again, but not near the front. I traced it back and it's coming from the rear driver's side. *sigh*. The passenger side is dry as a bone, but the driver's side is soaked. Back to the dealer.
Sorry to hear. Is the back wall wet? You may have the 3rd brake light leak. Do you have the sun roof?

d19r93

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Is the back wall wet? You may have the 3rd brake light leak. Do you have the sun roof?
I do have the sunroof and the drain grommets are properly inserted. The service guy said that they fixed that issue for the 2020 year trucks. They’re tight in there. I’ll have to see if the back wall was wet. I just felt by the storage bin and my hand was submerged in water.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi d19r93,
We are sorry to have a leak concern. Keep us updated on your dealer visit and if you need additional assistance we are available through private message!
Laura
Ram Cares

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Yes they put the fender back on correctly. The body shop performed this repair for mine as well. Nothing looks out of place. We’re getting heavy rain today so this will be the perfect test! Good luck on yours!
I never heard back from the body shop so I stopped in today and spoke to the manager. I showed him the Star case and he told me that he has not done that fix before and will need to gather the troops to take a look. That doesn't make me feel good. I can see them experimenting with my new truck. I might just carefully drill a small hole at the low spot through the floor and let the water drain through the bottom. Anyone thinks that is a bad idea ?

Attachments

• 20191005_121548.jpg
    20191005_121548.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 102

d19r93

Reaction score
I never heard back from the body shop so I stopped in today and spoke to the manager. I showed him the Star case and he told me that he has not done that fix before and will need to gather the troops to take a look. That doesn't make me feel good. I can see them experimenting with my new truck. I might just carefully drill a small hole at the low spot through the floor and let the water drain through the bottom. Anyone thinks that is a bad idea ?
I don't know if it's a good idea to drill a hole and put a drain in. Things will come in that shouldn't be getting in. My A-pillar leak was fixed, but I think my leak was caused by whatever is leaking in the rear this whole time. There was too much water for it to be coming from that little seeping spot. Water should not be getting in, period.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
I don't know if it's a good idea to drill a hole and put a drain in. Things will come in that shouldn't be getting in. My A-pillar leak was fixed, but I think my leak was caused by whatever is leaking in the rear this whole time. There was too much water for it to be coming from that little seeping spot. Water should not be getting in, period.
I was really surprised of the amount of water getting through at that seam and it wasn't even a lot of rain. I just feel bad that I didn't check for the leak earlier. I didn't know I have the leak because I have the Husky floor mat sitting on top of the carpet.

d19r93

Reaction score
I was really surprised of the amount of water getting through at that seam and it wasn't even a lot of rain. I just feel bad that I didn't check for the leak earlier. I didn't know I have the leak because I have the Husky floor mat sitting on top of the carpet.
Yeah, there was a decent amount coming in mine too, but it makes more sense to me that the water is coming in from the rear. I guess you would have to have seen my truck to understand what I mean. Mine is back at the dealer, and they have had a couple more pop up that were leaking. So this issue seems to be widespread.

d19r93

Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealer - they took the interior out and there was nothing leaking. There was a lot of water in the rear of the truck, and they think it was residual from the front leak.... we shall see. They dried it out (they said they did that the first time) and we shall see.

SPIDER

Reaction score
I get to start my water leak adventure tomorrow morning at my dealer, yay... A few weeks ago noticed condensation on the underside of my drivers side mat. Didn’t think much of it until I searched here on the forum. I put it off, hoping it wasn’t serious. Lots of rain today and the floorboard on the front drivers side is pretty much full of water. As far as I can tell without tearing anything apart, it’s contained there.

Wish me luck...

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Same here. Lots of rain today and found a big puddle under the driver side door sill. Everything appears to be dried on the passenger side and in the back of the truck. Mine is going in next Monday for the A pillar leak. Star case No. S1923000026. I'm sure there are many brand new trucks with the same leak.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealer - they took the interior out and there was nothing leaking. There was a lot of water in the rear of the truck, and they think it was residual from the front leak.... we shall see. They dried it out (they said they did that the first time) and we shall see.
How long did it took them to fix the front leak ?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
We had a hard rain tonight and I’ll definitely be checking mine in the morning now thanks to this thread just to make sure.

RamCares

Reaction score
I get to start my water leak adventure tomorrow morning at my dealer, yay... A few weeks ago noticed condensation on the underside of my drivers side mat. Didn’t think much of it until I searched here on the forum. I put it off, hoping it wasn’t serious. Lots of rain today and the floorboard on the front drivers side is pretty much full of water. As far as I can tell without tearing anything apart, it’s contained there.

Wish me luck...

Hi SPIDER,
Keep us updated on your dealer visit. If additional assistance is needed please reach out to us privately.
Laura
Ram Cares

d19r93

Reaction score
We had a large rain storm come through last night here in Mid-MO and I am happy to report the back and front were dry.

d19r93

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Did they replace the carpet ?
They dried it out, there was no sign of mold. They had it tested. It was clean. I accepted that, as I didn't want them to rip apart the interior for no reason. I'm pretty sure I caught it fast enough. They do have it documented though, in case it needs to be replaced later, they will.

Users who are viewing this thread