5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC - does anyone have a truck that blows ice cold?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok temps are 42 degrees driver side and 39-40 passenger side. Temp today in Dallas was about 86.
I know mine felt freaking amazing today (in Fort Worth) with my power at the house being out for 24+ hours!

Viper67

Reaction score
Mine is March 19. And it wasn’t fixed on mine. I have the valve clamp on the line supplying hot water to the inside of the truck. There is a write up on it if you search.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok temps are 42 degrees driver side and 39-40 passenger side. Temp today in Dallas was about 86.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You’re good.
Mine is March 19. And it wasn’t fixed on mine. I have the valve clamp on the line supplying hot water to the inside of the truck. There is a write up on it if you search.
Yep, Viper67. It seems it's still hit or miss, even on the newer builds. I'm in Austin and I guess I'll have mine clamped off until about mid-October when it finally starts to cool off down here.

Gsmith223

Reaction score
Just starting to get hot here in Indiana and my AC sucks so disappointed in my new RAM

ghost796

Reaction score
08/18 build date here. Took the truck in yesterday and they did the following TSB:

February 15, 2019 - Flash: HVAC Diagnostic and System Updates - # 24-001-19

Said they also replaced the coolant. AC now feels slightly better.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
08/18 build date here. Took the truck in yesterday and they did the following TSB:

I have an 8/18 build date too yet the dealer said the TSB doesn't apply to my VIN. I reached out to Ramcares a few months back but they had no answer as to why my VIN isn't included.

Ickabod

Reaction score
I have an 8/18 build date too yet the dealer said the TSB doesn't apply to my VIN. I reached out to Ramcares a few months back but they had no answer as to why my VIN isn't included.
When did they say that the TSB doesn't apply? They updated the TSB a couple of months ago to include more VINs.

Viper67

Reaction score
Swing by auto zone and buy a $5 thermometer. Stick it in the vent and see what it blows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

When I went in for service I told them my AC was getting cool, but never cold. I also told them the temperatures were different on the driver and passenger sides. The first time I went in they told me the same old BS - "performs as expected". I contacted @RamCares to open a case and went back a second time and they did the TSB # 24-001-19, but mine isn't any better.

RAM customer service followed up with the dealership to ask them what the vent temperature readings were before and after the TSB and the dealership said they didn't do any temperature check or do any kind of testing of the AC system because the TSB didn't say they had to. WTF?

So now I'm going back a third time so they can actually run a test on the AC system. What a joke!

Mavroni

Reaction score
The ac on the 2019 RAM 1500 is a joke. Today is 92 outside and the drivers vent shows 57, the passenger is 46, and it takes forever to cool a little bit down the cabin. I work on cars and every other car, no matter year and model spit 38-40 on every vent. We all know there is a big engineering flaw with the new hvac on the new RAM. FCA simply does not want to admit it, it will cost them a fortune to repair every one of them. Last week I got into a new ram1500, rental, 200 miles on the odometer, test the ac at 85 outside, same like mine, showed 56 on the drivers vent and 45 on the passenger one. Went to the dealer, they checked it and said it performs under specs-which is BS. No car out there has that week ac.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When did they say that the TSB doesn't apply? They updated the TSB a couple of months ago to include more VINs.
My truck was in the shop for a few weeks back in May and I asked about the TSB. I was told it doesn't apply to my VIN. I never got an answer from Ramcares about why however.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I know we've heard from those with AC issues but is there anyone that does not have an issue with the AC? Their truck blows ice cold air similar to other vehicles they've owned when it's warm/hot.
My 16-year old son's Tacoma blows ice cold AC. My $60k RAM does not...

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was in the shop for a few weeks back in May and I asked about the TSB. I was told it doesn't apply to my VIN. I never got an answer from Ramcares about why however.

I've had the TSB done and it had no affect whatsoever on the performance of the AC. The TSB doesn't even require that they have to do any diagnostics or testing of the AC system either before or after the TSB is performed. It's a joke!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had the TSB done and it had no affect whatsoever on the performance of the AC. The TSB doesn't even require that they have to do any diagnostics or testing of the AC system either before or after the TSB is performed. It's a joke!
I guess I won't bother pursuing it if that's the case.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I won't bother pursuing it if that's the case.

A few months back the TSB didn't apply to my VIN either. You might have different results, but for me it didn't help. I've read others on here say it didn't help them either.

Reactions: MJP

Gsmith223

Reaction score
Who is in for a class action lawsuit?
To be honest I wont own it long enough to worry if its not fixed ASAP. I would suggest everyone take videos and document the issues they are having. Then light FCA up on social media. Start letting everyone who is looking for a new truck know and hit them in the sales pocket.

I am going to test drive a new one on the lot in the middle of the day and do the same test. If the new ones on the lot for sale wont stay cold they are going to have some poor sales numbers this summer LMAO.

Users who are viewing this thread