5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC - does anyone have a truck that blows ice cold?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FWIW I love my truck and I can live with the hack with no issues. But I don’t let companies off the hook when they make a crap flawed features or products. I bought one of the new Tundras in 2007 when they first came out. I then proceeded to do something I had done with every truck I’ve owned (including a tacoma) , loading an ATV in the bed using ramps. The friggin tailgate came apart loading my 4wheeler. I fought and fought with Toyota and they tried to get out of being responsible by telling me the tailgate was not a load bearing component. Never backed down, I joined a forum called Tundra Solutions and began hammering Toyota. Others started inspecting their tailgates and seeing the cracks in there’s and others posted whose tailgates had cratered. The next year Toyota reinforced the cheap *** tailgates so this wouldn’t happen and eventually replaced my tailgate with the revised version. If I had kept my mouth shut they would have never put out a better product.

Duner03

Reaction score
2019 ram 1500 here in Phoenix AZ AZ blows 70 when stopped at a light, been to the dealer multiple times with no fix. Only gets to 60 when the ambient temp is 90 or below. My 15 ram blew 40. Not happy with the ac temp on this 60k truck

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019 ram 1500 here in Phoenix AZ AZ blows 70 when stopped at a light, been to the dealer multiple times with no fix. Only gets to 60 when the ambient temp is 90 or below. My 15 ram blew 40. Not happy with the ac temp on this 60k truck
Lots of people complaining about 50 degree vent temps on here, whether “by design” or not...but we can all agree 70 represents an actual system problem!

MAC591

Reaction score
Hello,

My vehicle's heater also doesn't blowing hot.

Even if the heater is on, cold air flow through the driver's seat.
No matter where you change the direction to my feet, front, or defroster, even if it is HIGH, cold air flow at all.

Is there any problem with the indoor temperature sensor or something?

Please give me your any advises.

Thank you,

*Actually, the vehicle is out of US. So I can't go to dealership and I don't have a warranty.

Last edited:

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

No matter where you change the direction to my feet, front, or defroster, even if it is HIGH, cold air flow at all.

Is it possible to contact a Dodge dealer?

Thank you,
It was 16 F. when I went out this morning and my truck's heater worked fine. As far as I can tell you'd be the first I've read in here about lack of heat. Does the engine come up to operating temperature (200-210 degrees, roughly)?

My suggestion is to take it to your dealer to have it checked.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045561 miles.

ldoh

Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to contact a Dodge dealer?

Thank you,

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to contact your dealer if you've ruled out everything else.

Cysix

Reaction score
One of the top things I hate about my 2020 Rebel. Two vents on console drivers left. One controllable, the other simply blows vented (cold) air constantly on the driver. Overall environmental control grade for the truck is a C-. My previous 2007 Acura was set and forget... my new Rebel it's constantly fiddling with the temp controls.

bskubon

Reaction score
I agree, my 2020 Limited heat, and more so the fan air flow suck. Old truck, ya put on defrost and blew like crazy. This new truck just doesn’t have the same air forcefulnes. I saw there’s some sort of tsb or something where they replace the whole blower housing. Anyone have this done? Did it make a difference?

yellowboy

Reaction score
I agree, my 2020 Limited heat, and more so the fan air flow suck. Old truck, ya put on defrost and blew like crazy. This new truck just doesn’t have the same air forcefulnes. I saw there’s some sort of tsb or something where they replace the whole blower housing. Anyone have this done? Did it make a difference?
I had a new A/C and heater module installed 3 weeks ago - part number 08193001 . I'm not sure what this part is or does but it has not been hot enough for me to test it. I'm not holding my breath.............

Bluejoe

Reaction score
I have a December 2018 build date and the flash was done a week ago and seems to have corrected the problem for me. Going on short road trip this weekend Texas and Louisiana, will see how it performs in the heat
Hey how’s the AC since your post Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread