5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think folks are doing USB sticks and updating the radios. OTA I don’t know if it works… please try a search for updates… You’ll find the RamGuy has a area for access to files and how. He’s very kind and helpful.

But, should be a download to USB stick and insert to radio USB port for updates.

Also the information on what FW your on will be in radio settings.

Ok let me see if I can locate him on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brando14

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread, been skimming through but itll take all day to read all 102 pages. Anyways 2020 non nav 8.4 going to a 12.1, will part number 68329882AJ work for the media module? All the new modules I see listed are north of $1k but I found the 68329882AJ for just under $700

Bram2019

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread, been skimming through but itll take all day to read all 102 pages. Anyways 2020 non nav 8.4 going to a 12.1, will part number 68329882AJ work for the media module? All the new modules I see listed are north of $1k but I found the 68329882AJ for just under $700
1500? 2500?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trying to help a friend that purchased a salvaged ram that was missing radio and bezel. He purchased a aftermarket radio but the instructions are limited and have universal farka connectors for the anttennas. Can anyone help identify which color connectors are satellite antenna, fm antenna and GPS antenna(is there one? I read it's built in to module??? )

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Ettereva

Reaction score
I used the following but this is just the major parts. Small hardware is needed for mounting everything.

Radio module / brain 68317978AF is what I used. A newer or older part number will be fine.

LVDS video cable: 68082364AC was the cheapest one I could find and I used. ( Dodge Journey )
or
68417577AA ( Ram 1500 )
or
5064684AD ( Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger )

Screen: 68312620AF with lane assist and parking buttons at the top
or
Screen: 68420967AD with only hazards button at the top

Bezel for the screen: Now this is a little tricky with different trims. Please verify color and prices vary widely.
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige or Black 6EJ801N1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Mountain Brown 6EJ811N6AA
Black/New Saddle 6EJ812XTAA
Indigo/Frost or Black 6EJ822C1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige, Black Interior Accents 6EZ151N1AA
Black, Black Interior Accents 6EZ152X9AA
All color Big Horn or Lonestar 6UV463XLAA
Black, Sport Badge 6UV473X9AB

Mat that fits in the top center: 6MB16TX7AA

Bolts that hold the screen to the trim are M5 X 0.8 x 12mm

Correction 8.4" Nav and Non Nav will need this or a pinout change. The 8.4" Nav will still use the blue connector and this adaptor. If you use the 8.4" nav screen connector without blue tape the hazards will not work when you switch to the 12" setup. On 8.4" setups the hazards wiring is still in the blue tapped connector and not the screen module connector.
HVAC plug with blue tape will also need repined before plugging into the screen. I made several and have them ready to ship just PM me.
View attachment 42678
I need one of the harnesses

baksikru

Reaction score
Good afternoon! I myself write with the help of a translator, read the topic from beginning to end, but did not find an answer, changed the module to 12, I have all the cables , there is sound, all the buttons work. the car seems to have a configuration configured, THERE is NO IMAGE. tell me thanks!

eyerocks

Reaction score
Good afternoon! I myself write with the help of a translator, read the topic from beginning to end, but did not find an answer, changed the module to 12, I have all the cables , there is sound, all the buttons work. the car seems to have a configuration configured, THERE is NO IMAGE. tell me thanks!
You gotta change a setting in alfaobd

Brando14

Reaction score
Got my screen installed and working. Well everything minus the GPS. It picks up my location, but if I try to search for an address, it says no signal. I’m assuming I’m missing an antenna but if it’s picking up my location, why wouldn’t it be able to search for addresses?

B7702950-CFC1-4C42-A1CE-DA3DDCE7BC2D.jpeg

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might want to look at your phone. You're using Waze over Andriod Auto, so there would not be a connection to the trucks GPS antenna. Waze uses the phone's GPS signal.

Brando14

Reaction score
You might want to look at your phone. You're using Waze over Andriod Auto, so there would not be a connection to the trucks GPS antenna. Waze uses the phone's GPS signal.
Waze and all the phone nav works fine. I’m referring to the factory nav

Britton

Reaction score
I am buying the parts for this, I have a 2020 Ram 2500 diesel, some parts are on backorder, some are not. Does the screen have to be for a 2500? The module is available is for a 2500 but the screen I was going to get is backordered. They have one that shows it's for a 1500 Available, but I can't find anyone posting if that would work together. Does anyone know if this would work?

Shives

Reaction score
I HAVE COMPLETELY DONE THE ALFA-OBD PROCEDURES.AGAIN, ALL CABLES ARE SERVICEABLE. ONLY THE MONITOR DOES NOT WORK, THERE IS NO IMAGE. AGAIN , ALL THE BUTTONS ARE WORKING PROPERLY .
First, please do not use all caps. That sort of makes us feel like your yelling to ask for help. I’m sure your not.

Have you tried disconnecting your battery. Your using Alfa right? What adapter? The MX ones work great for this. Some I hear are not as good.

I would double check the settings. It may take key cycles after the battery pull, before you recheck the settings.

baksikru

Reaction score
yes, the MX adapter has been fully checked, can you tell me how much to throw off the terminal and how this whole procedure is done? Thank you very much!

Britton

Reaction score
I hooked everything up last week, and it was working great except for GPS. I wasn't able to plug In a yellow connector, I got an adapter to make it plug in, and now the GPS works. While I had it out I unplugged the system for about 15 minutes and when It turned back on the backup camera was gone. I can't seem to find any way to bring it back, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in, but nothing works. I didn't touch that plug when I connected the GPS plug. I'm just confused at this point. The backup camera worked all weekend, but after it was unplugged and re plugged in the app is gone, and the camera doesn't work. I tried turning the rear view camera off and back on in alfaobd and that didn't work either. I also tried the update from a USB stick and it says software not compatible with this vehicle.

If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.

I attached a photo of it with the camera last Thursday, and the app gone today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-154617.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-154617.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20220719_154945.jpg
    IMG_20220719_154945.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 39

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hooked everything up last week, and it was working great except for GPS. I wasn't able to plug In a yellow connector, I got an adapter to make it plug in, and now the GPS works. While I had it out I unplugged the system for about 15 minutes and when It turned back on the backup camera was gone. I can't seem to find any way to bring it back, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in, but nothing works. I didn't touch that plug when I connected the GPS plug. I'm just confused at this point. The backup camera worked all weekend, but after it was unplugged and re plugged in the app is gone, and the camera doesn't work. I tried turning the rear view camera off and back on in alfaobd and that didn't work either. I also tried the update from a USB stick and it says software not compatible with this vehicle.

If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.

I attached a photo of it with the camera last Thursday, and the app gone today.
Wait about an hour or so and it should be back.

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
yes, the MX adapter has been fully checked, can you tell me how much to throw off the terminal and how this whole procedure is done? Thank you very much!

Did you do the repin or adaptor harness for the main monitor? Are your hazards working when everything is plugged in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Britton

Reaction score
Wait about an hour or so and it should be back.
I hope it comes back like that, it hasn't yet. I'm just realizing the software in my module shows Mexico, not USA. Maybe that's why I'm not able to do the update from the memory stick, it is telling me the software is not compatible with the vehicle. Does anyone know how to fix that, or if it's fine that way, and if there is another way to update it. I bought the module and everything else new from Tascaparts.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-185736.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-185736.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220719-185731.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-185731.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread