5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

vbd777

Reaction score
Most likely you will need to wait a bit for the connected services to show back up. what I'm talking about is the fact that i replaced my radio module which has the IMEI and ICCID tied to 4g cell service. because i swapped hardware Sirius XM can't connect to my truck because it's pointing to another device. this is like calling the wrong number. I'm working with them to assign my "number" to my truck so that it connects. They said give it a few days so I don't have a resolution yet.
So working with a local dealership which is very supportive of this effort. After speaking with Guardian and dealership an alignment of NEW radio is required to get SOS/remote services working again and as you mentioned a new SIM card. I have the new sim working through ATT but still required to work through a dealership to somehow program new radio/SIM card to work with connected services. Dealership asked for all old 8.4" part numbers and serial numbers and new 12" part/serial numbers so they can work with guardian to somehow program this. Hope to learn what exactly takes place to report back. Mostly want SOS button (for wife), and yes its fun to lock/unlock from my phone though I would really like to start/warmup truck.

CCA

Reaction score
Would it be possible for someone to reply to my comment here with all of the threads related to this that you are aware of? I want to look into this more myself and take some of this to our master mechanic to see what I can do to help!

theRamguy

Reaction score
I can confirm that connected services are now working with my 12 in radio. This includes SOS and assist, remote services and sirius-xm radio. This did not require a new Sim. I gave them the IMEI, ICCID, and radio ID. It took 1 phone call to siriusxm guardian

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220401-213657_Uconnect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220401-213657_Uconnect.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 75

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Quick question, when I try to get an unlock code for the 12”, do I use the number off the module or the screen unit itself?
Got this today :)

Attachments

• 2732D046-9730-4072-ABB1-D77ADA7829C5.jpeg
    2732D046-9730-4072-ABB1-D77ADA7829C5.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 5FE90C1F-8638-482A-AA2E-4ABB84448A86.jpeg
    5FE90C1F-8638-482A-AA2E-4ABB84448A86.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 85

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Quick question, when I try to get an unlock code for the 12”, do I use the number off the module or the screen unit itself?
I just used that car code site, used the module number, got my anti theft code in 2 mins

theRamguy

Reaction score
You go off the module. If you bought it second hand it may be written on the module itsself. If not there are several places that can get it for you

vbd777

Reaction score
I can confirm that connected services are now working with my 12 in radio. This includes SOS and assist, remote services and sirius-xm radio. This did not require a new Sim. I gave them the IMEI, ICCID, and radio ID. It took 1 phone call to siriusxm guardian
Interesting. Sorry when I say "SIM card". I mean the IMEI/ICCID numbers from new radio/screen. I too made actually 4 calls and they have pushed back to force me this direction. So I seem to have no choice but to go forward with working through a dealer to navigate this. Perhaps its just luck of the draw with who we get on the phone from Guardian but again I tried through the assist on the truck and through 3 other phone calls with Guardian.

theRamguy

Reaction score
Interesting. Sorry when I say "SIM card". I mean the IMEI/ICCID numbers from new radio/screen. I too made actually 4 calls and they have pushed back to force me this direction. So I seem to have no choice but to go forward with working through a dealer to navigate this. Perhaps its just luck of the draw with who we get on the phone from Guardian but again I tried through the assist on the truck and through 3 other phone calls with Guardian.
When I called I called Sirius xm guardian. Told them I had changed radios and they pulled up the vin. I gave them the iccid imei and radio id which they set as being assigned to my truck. They then put me in touch with the siriusxm tech engineers who asked for it again. It took 5 days but I am now 100% functional

vbd777

Reaction score
When I called I called Sirius xm guardian. Told them I had changed radios and they pulled up the vin. I gave them the iccid imei and radio id which they set as being assigned to my truck. They then put me in touch with the siriusxm tech engineers who asked for it again. It took 5 days but I am now 100% functional
Yah I effectively did the same thing and tried again yesterday. Same message - dealer has to work with us. I am guessing a lot of folks are swapping and they are clamping down perhaps for security reasons with potential theft or perhaps the age old suspicion that they want us to buy a new truck but either way for those of you who skate through good.

theRamguy

Reaction score
Yah I effectively did the same thing and tried again yesterday. Same message - dealer has to work with us. I am guessing a lot of folks are swapping and they are clamping down perhaps for security reasons with potential theft or perhaps the age old suspicion that they want us to buy a new truck but either way for those of you who skate through good.
Maybe I just got lucky. The guy was very aware of what I had done, and he took care of everything. Transferred me to the engineers who took the radio ID and my number. Once it was done I got a text

daze513

Reaction score
I was able to get the performance pages on my 12”. Now how do we use the timers? On my vehicle dynamics page everything is zeroed so I may not have the g sensors required. But what about the 0-60 timers and such?

theRamguy

Reaction score
I was able to get the performance pages on my 12”. Now how do we use the timers? On my vehicle dynamics page everything is zeroed so I may not have the g sensors required. But what about the 0-60 timers and such?
That is a very good question. I know its going to be 21+ specific but I'd have to ask @Jimmy07 if there are parts required for it to work.

Cesar592

Reaction score
I have a 2020 with the off road package, install the pages but in my 2020 they do not work, it would be necessary to add sensors or something

daze513

Reaction score
That is a very good question. I know its going to be 21+ specific but I'd have to ask @Jimmy07 if there are parts required for it to work.

Would we need sensors for timers though? I’m sure the car now has the ability to record distance and speed over elapsed time.

Unless sensors are required to ensure level and allow a launch. If So performance pages on 19-20 are just cool for the few horsepower and torque gauges.

For reference and to help others:

2020 Big Horn Night Package 2wd, with 12” uConnect:

Timers don’t work
Gauges are limited to the same ones you get in evic
G force don’t work
Vehicle dynamic show only steering angle
Drive modes don’t work
Race options don’t work

This is only activating the performance and off road pages. I do not know if changing “Packages” in alfaobd will enable some of the above.

daze513

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I believe any sensors are built into the ECM.

Could be. But then I ask how does my hill start assist work? I must have some sort of sensor that tells the truck it’s leaning one way or another. I guess we’ll see in time.

kd908070

Reaction score
Would we need sensors for timers though? I’m sure the car now has the ability to record distance and speed over elapsed time.

Unless sensors are required to ensure level and allow a launch. If So performance pages on 19-20 are just cool for the few horsepower and torque gauges.

For reference and to help others:

2020 Big Horn Night Package 2wd, with 12” uConnect:

Timers don’t work
Gauges are limited to the same ones you get in evic
G force don’t work
Vehicle dynamic show only steering angle
Drive modes don’t work
Race options don’t work

This is only activating the performance and off road pages. I do not know if changing “Packages” in alfaobd will enable some of the above.
many of gauges don't work on mine even I have it in the EVIC. Also, only HP works, but the Torque is 0. Do you know why? Thanks.
Reference: 2019 RAM 1500 non eTorque V8 5.7 4x4.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be. But then I ask how does my hill start assist work? I must have some sort of sensor that tells the truck it’s leaning one way or another. I guess we’ll see in time.
I'm pretty sure they use the ABS Wheel sensors to detect if the truck is rolling back.

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
so for a 2019 I need this part number below for the multi media radio or will any year work?
68317978AN

Users who are viewing this thread