5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

vyamill27

Reaction score
I installed my 12.1 screen yesterday. With all the information I got from all you guys here, was more than enough to have a flawless installation. IT WORKS GREAT !!!!! An SPECIAL THANKS to "Thomas1023" , "Bsaylor" and "Ochoa1801" who where very close to me on this journey. Will keep and eye on the thread just in case anyone new to this needs a hand. THANKS AGAIN FELLOWS !!!

dem2084

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Bighorn with the 8.4 and looking to upgrade to the 12.1. Has anyone put all the information for the install in one place or a single how to post? I have found the nfo throughout the post but nothing specific. Thanks

g300power

Reaction score
Its works now. I blew a fuse when I was repinning the harness and that caused the codes. Everything seems to be working on the unit. Sirius included. Anyway to find out how long is left on a sirius subscription from a used unit? I'm sure there is an answer in this thread somewhere. Thanks again to all those who contributed to this thread. It was all very helpful!
Would you mine telling me which fuse you blew the same thing happend to me

jlanc20

Reaction score
was anyone able to update their navigation? i did the swap last year but i think the navigation needs updated because sometimes when i put an address in its taking me a longer route than what my phone does lol

Evank33

Reaction score
was anyone able to update their navigation? i did the swap last year but i think the navigation needs updated because sometimes when i put an address in its taking me a longer route than what my phone does lol
No updates as of yet.

RamboSport

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Bighorn with the 8.4 and looking to upgrade to the 12.1. Has anyone put all the information for the install in one place or a single how to post? I have found the nfo throughout the post but nothing specific. Thanks
I agree I am in the same boat.

kraz

Reaction score
I searched "68317978al" for the multi-media and seems like it does not exist anymore. Anyone aware of a new part number?

Bsaylor

Reaction score
I searched "68317978al" for the multi-media and seems like it does not exist anymore. Anyone aware of a new part number?

Found one here.
f0a64df978f33a5c3230653ca38e377f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmassey31099

Reaction score
I have a 21 Rebel with the 8.4 non nav, my bezel is the red trim with carbon fiber on top. Does anyone have links or part numbers to exactly what I need? Is it possible to buy the screen/module and put them on my current bezel? Any help would be appreciated

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will need a new bezel for the 12" screen. Sorry, don't have a part number.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 21 Rebel with the 8.4 non nav, my bezel is the red trim with carbon fiber on top. Does anyone have links or part numbers to exactly what I need?
Part # for the "Rebel" bezel(12"): 6UV483XRAB

Is it possible to buy the screen/module and put them on my current bezel? Any help would be appreciated
No. You can't do that.(I mean............ You can cut it and stuff :LOL: )

Th8785

Reaction score
So been reading and think I'm about to swap from the 8" non nav to the 12", I do have a semi relatable question. I have the 7" color dash cluster, but since it's a non nav truck I don't have access to the backgrounds and options like that. Will switching to the 12" make that possible or is there a difference in the 7" cluster as well?

Bsaylor

Reaction score
So been reading and think I'm about to swap from the 8" non nav to the 12", I do have a semi relatable question. I have the 7" color dash cluster, but since it's a non nav truck I don't have access to the backgrounds and options like that. Will switching to the 12" make that possible or is there a difference in the 7" cluster as well?

I swapped out my non nav as well, using the longhorn theme currently.

9f44ed2a6609f5cce2dc6dec69952d8b.jpg

Th8785

Reaction score
I swapped out my non nav as well, using the longhorn theme currently.

9f44ed2a6609f5cce2dc6dec69952d8b.jpg
Nice. Thanks for the response, was a bit disappointed when I finally realized the background was so plain lol.

Bsaylor

Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for the response, was a bit disappointed when I finally realized the background was so plain lol.

Right. I think there are maybe 6 to chooses from, give or take.

AlfreditoCa

Reaction score
You’ll have to rep in the connector at the screen. The plug at the bottom has the can bus and the hazard sense in it. You’ll have to rep in from that connector to the one that plugs into the screen .

I can post the connectors so you can decipher what needs to be moved. I could tell you but I get nervous telling someone something
I just finish my installation and want to thank everyone on here ! It was a piece of cake with all of the info, except I don’t have AC, I wonder if this wiring diagram is the same for 2021- 3500 with a 8.4non nav

Evank33

Reaction score
So I tried to activate the xm guardian. They said that I needed a telematics module in my truck for this feature to work. Thought it was built into the radio module?

Bsaylor

Reaction score
So I tried to activate the xm guardian. They said that I needed a telematics module in my truck for this feature to work. Thought it was built into the radio module?

If the truck didn’t have it from the factory, you can’t get it.

Users who are viewing this thread