5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

RichM1983

Reaction score
One last question lol!

Since my radio module was new from MOPAR I think I have a generic Sirius Radio ID. If I go to the Ram Dealer can they fix the module so it has a working Sirius Radio ID? It would be a shame to lose Sirius. I live in WV and don't have cell signal in a lot of places so using the app on my phone won't work very often.

There has to be a wary for them to fix that.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you have SiriusXM before the swap? If so, you need to get in touch with Sirius and have them marry your new radio to your VIN Number. The dealer can't do that. Call them and tell them that you had a bad radio and replaced it. give them your new radio id number and VIN Number and they will marry them and send you a refresh signal. Easy to do and takes only 10 min.

RichM1983

Reaction score
Did you have SiriusXM before the swap? If so, you need to get in touch with Sirius and have them marry your new radio to your VIN Number. The dealer can't do that. Call them and tell them that you had a bad radio and replaced it. give them your new radio id number and VIN Number and they will marry them and send you a refresh signal. Easy to do and takes only 10 min.

The radio ID doesn’t seem like a proper number. It’s just HH0DVD4C. Seems like that’s not right. I do already have XM service tho with my old radio.

356super

Reaction score
I just purchased a used 12' touch screen, module and patch cord infotainment setup from a guy who totaled his truck. The guy told me it was plug and play and a;; I needed to do was send the module back to infotainment to have it programmed to my vin , which I did. My bad for trusting him. When I looked at the install video, it showed I needed the obd genie programmer to make it work. He didn't have the genie. Is there anyone out there I can rent the genie from? Infotainment will only sell it with the kit. if not, what are my options?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just purchased a used 12' touch screen, module and patch cord infotainment setup from a guy who totaled his truck. The guy told me it was plug and play and a;; I needed to do was send the module back to infotainment to have it programmed to my vin , which I did. My bad for trusting him. When I looked at the install video, it showed I needed the obd genie programmer to make it work. He didn't have the genie. Is there anyone out there I can rent the genie from? Infotainment will only sell it with the kit. if not, what are my options?
Just use AlfaOBD to change the two settings.

RichM1983

Reaction score
Where do you live? If close by I’d help out. We can use my alpha obd and the tool to program.

RichM1983

Reaction score
Thanks, Which two settings?
I saw your from NY. Im in WV so I won’t be able to help. See the screen shots below for setting changes with alpha obd.

Attachments

• 76202FBF-B08C-4410-98DD-4AA37AEBF55D.png
    76202FBF-B08C-4410-98DD-4AA37AEBF55D.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 5B2676B9-0164-48F6-8564-9C36ABDA574B.png
    5B2676B9-0164-48F6-8564-9C36ABDA574B.png
    340 KB · Views: 108
  • 076337A5-314C-4844-A168-4A17A543D945.png
    076337A5-314C-4844-A168-4A17A543D945.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 100
  • BD95CFF1-EAA9-40E2-98F8-E8843ADC688B.png
    BD95CFF1-EAA9-40E2-98F8-E8843ADC688B.png
    296.3 KB · Views: 109

356super

Reaction score
I saw your from NY. Im in WV so I won’t be able to help. See the screen shots below for setting changes with alpha obd.
Just downloaded the alfaobd. My truck is a 2020. I assume that's the body computer I click on? What about the RU Pacifica. 2020 as well?

RichM1983

Reaction score
Just downloaded the alfaobd. My truck is a 2020. I assume that's the body computer I click on? What about the RU Pacifica. 2020 as well?
Yeah body computer.
With the newer versions of alpha they have DT Ram specific selections. I chose those and used them. I didn’t use the Pacifica settings.

356super

Reaction score
Yeah body computer.
With the newer versions of alpha they have DT Ram specific selections. I chose those and used them. I didn’t use the Pacifica settings.
I'm a little unclear on step 4. Do you have the truck running while your making these changes? Do you disconnect the battery before shutting the truck off. Thanks again for your help

RichM1983

Reaction score
I'm a little unclear on step 4. Do you have the truck running while your making these changes? Do you disconnect the battery before shutting the truck off. Thanks again for your help

Make sure the truck is on the run position but not actually running.

Once your done with changes in alpha and verified they were changed disconnect alpha, turn off the ignition, remove bypass and obd tool, then pull negative battery terminal or radio fuse and let the truck sit for a second. Then reconnect battery or fuse and let it sit an hour.

Once you’ve done that you can go back and when you power up the truck the radio should come on and all buttons should work. If your missing options for the heated or vented seats or even the backup camera give it a bit of time and they will come back. My backup camera was the last thing to come back.

356super

Reaction score
Make sure the truck is on the run position but not actually running.

Once your done with changes in alpha and verified they were changed disconnect alpha, turn off the ignition, remove bypass and obd tool, then pull negative battery terminal or radio fuse and let the truck sit for a second. Then reconnect battery or fuse and let it sit an hour.

Once you’ve done that you can go back and when you power up the truck the radio should come on and all buttons should work. If your missing options for the heated or vented seats or even the backup camera give it a bit of time and they will come back. My backup camera was the last thing to come back.
Perfect, Thank you...

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a FYI, All changes in the BMC can be done in the OFF position. No ACC or RUN required.

Raulb

Reaction score
I’m back with more information on this swap. I know this thread is huge and this is going to get buried but I want to share why my radio would not program and work correctly.

OBD JScan and the VLinker OBD tool I used to program the BCM would NOT work! I programmed and checked the results probably 20 times. I’m not exaggerating. I know I was doing the process right, the changes would always show up when I checked them again and the radio knobs would work like they are supposed. However, the screen would never power on unless the fuse was pulled or the battery was disconnected. If I would revert the settings back to factory the knobs would stop working. Very odd that some things changed but others wouldn’t. That’s over my head if anyone can venture a guess.

Today I got Alpha OBD and their recommended Bluetooth OBD Tool and made the changes and everything works just as it should.

I know another guy buried back around page 30 had similar trouble with Alpha and had to switch from the Android version to the Windows version or something along those lines before it would work for him.

I just want to get it out there that sometimes the programming tool is the problem and not to give up. I was ready to sell this stuff or smash it with a hammer but I’m glad I finally got it going.

Thanks to the community for the continued help and offering guidance. Special thanks to Jimmy!
I got the same problem you had right now man I’m just about ready to quit and go back to my 8in screen! I want to try the alpha OBD but where do I get it?? I need to do the same process you did seems like that’s my only option left before quitting! Need your help bro

356super

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the help. Everything went and worked flawlessly. I downloaded AlfaOBD on to one of my wife's old android tablets. Things were set up a little differently than your screenshots. Followed all your steps and everything worked as planned. Looking forward to turning something else on that wasn't enabled before.

Users who are viewing this thread