5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
What’s the secret to sourcing these parts....specifically that module?!? Been looking on lkq and car-parts but nothing ever shows available for me. After reading through this thread, I feel like I’m ready....just need the parts!!!LOL

I have a module that I'm offering for sale

spaniel43

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 Laramie with Sirius/apple play/Android auto

For those who did a non nav upgrade to a 12" nav upgrade did you need to purchase a aftermarket GPS antenna?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bram2019

Reaction score
As long as the original radio has Sirius in it, the nav will share that antenna with sirius. So you do not need a separate nav antenna in this case

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
No way of knowing. But I find it strange that a few hours after I took the special offer that I received the update

spaniel43

Reaction score
Okay so I got everything working from non-nav to 12" ( all knobs and buttons on the screen and the screen starts up every time ) using the Windows version of AlfaOBD.

If you had the 8.4 Nav unit to start you may only need to disable Cabin NET-ICS Integrated Center Stack set as Not enabled.

1. Start by connecting to the Body Computer like below. Click connect.
View attachment 42409

2. Once connected click the Advanced mode button and under modification: (RU) PACIFICA : MY2017 PowerNet.
View attachment 42410

3. Switch to Active Diagnostics tab Car Configuration then Cabin Net-DCSD Display Screen Module set as Enabled.
View attachment 42411

4. Last select Cabin NET-ICS Integrated Center Stack set as Not enabled. Verify all setting took and pull the radio fuse or unhook the battery to reset the radio let it boot up. Shut the truck off and let it sit 30 mins or so and the radio should pull the setting from your trucks BCM.
View attachment 42412
This is dated 12/19. Anyone know if the Android version is capable of fixing the AC and radio knob issues?

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Make sure you get the module that is correct for the screen you are upgrading to

8.4 no nav is one piece
8.4 Nav is two pieces
12.1 two pieces

TTHe module for the 8.4 nav and 12.1 is different

Has anyone tried 8.4 nav radio jeep on 8.4 non nav ram. because both are one piece and the software looks the same

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried 8.4 nav radio jeep on 8.4 non nav ram. because both are one piece and the software looks the same
If you’re referring to a UAQ radio, haven’t tried it, but don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Not sure how well it will mount, but should be close.

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Hi. I would be willing but I am still in need of the last part module # 68317978AI Multi Media brain for the 12” screen. Soon as I get that last brain piece and get it up and working .... mines will be up for sale or heck trade it for this brain piece I need.
Do you sold it

Jokerstats

Reaction score
I received the update through my transplanted module. View attachment 64892 View attachment 64893 View attachment 64894
So I have a 2018 Laramie Navi 8.4” screen and want the 12.1 I need the screen and module and repin the back plus the code? Read them thread skipped a few pages.. can you tell me where you got the transplant and is (everything) working like the knob controll like the earlier side was? Please help thanks I’m advance.

Jokerstats

Reaction score
Finally got my screen installed :love: :love: :love:
Repining the harness wasn't so bad.. easy install overall... just waiting on AlfaOBD to send me the activation code to program the BCM...
Please tell me what all I need. I’m thinking the screen of course. Did you repin the wires? AlfObd? Is that the site of the transplant? Sorry I get confused alil East in my age but I’m wanting to do this. Please help if possible

Jokerstats

Reaction score
I have a 2018 ram with 8.4 screen and want the 12.1 do I need to send in my module to you? Thank you

graig79

Reaction score
Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I have a 2019 ram 1500 with non-nav 8.4" radio. I purchased the 12" screen and module (68317978AI), LVDS cable, re-wired the pins correctly (even made an adapter using parts from Digikey), Obdlink MX+ and have AlfaODB for Android and Windows. I did the swap, Disabled "ICS integrated center stack" and Enabled "Cabin Net DCSD display screen module" in AlfaODB, removed the radio fuse, turned off the truck for 30 mins (several times) but the screen does not turn on. The A/C buttons and hazards work fine but the radio and screen do not work. I have tried using using the Android and Windows version's of AlfaODB (tried using several different Control Unit types, e.g. Pacifica 2017, DT MY2013-2017 Power Net, DT MY2019 PowerNet), tried a second LVDS cable, and tried re-pining the 8 pin plug several times but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread