5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Rplante3108

Reaction score
Is there anyway to make the dash trim for the 8.4 work for the 12 or is there a certain trim piece just for the 12inch? Any part number for the dash piece that holds the 12 inch screen? Thanks

tomaszamarripa

Reaction score
Can anyone help me locate a module that's all I'm lacking and can't seem to find it anywhere I've tried salvage yards, dealers and no luck

Mark985

Reaction score
Type in part num 68307655AD then select Factoryradioparts Cheapest module comes with code . Plugs in your truck should plug right in. Call this number (313)207-1661 and he has 12.1 display at cheapest price.

Bill is this number for a salvage yard or someone’s personal number? I’m looking to buy the display. Thanks

Troys 2019 bighorn

Reaction score
Just wait for the OBD genie for the software (infotainment) thinks they are better then everyone else that’s all u need to get this to work 100% factory. They are being a bully I called and they pretty much said the owner has the rights to the OBD and they won’t sell for less then 3,999.99. But guess what as soon as you guys pay that much and install it let’s say something goes wrong. You will void your warranty with that kit installed to ur truck. So all electrical that it controls now will have no warranty. Speakers amps cameras. Blower motor vents etc. I also called OBD Genie and they said the rights are owned by infotainment but they did not say how long. So pretty much they want 2,500 for the OBD Genie. U can get the 12.1 and receiver plus Lvds cable for under 1,500. Plus I have heard that two other companies are working on releasing the OBD alone to buy. Infotainment will not sell it alone. They are greedy and hope they don’t sell anything. Also they offer 1,000 for the 12.1 and receiver in perfect shape so you guys add it up how much they are trying to make on the 2019 Ram 1500 DT owners. It’s a shame

Hackmunch

Reaction score
Just wait for the OBD genie for the software (infotainment) thinks they are better then everyone else that’s all u need to get this to work 100% factory. They are being a bully I called and they pretty much said the owner has the rights to the OBD and they won’t sell for less then 3,999.99. But guess what as soon as you guys pay that much and install it let’s say something goes wrong. You will void your warranty with that kit installed to ur truck. So all electrical that it controls now will have no warranty. Speakers amps cameras. Blower motor vents etc. I also called OBD Genie and they said the rights are owned by infotainment but they did not say how long. So pretty much they want 2,500 for the OBD Genie. U can get the 12.1 and receiver plus Lvds cable for under 1,500. Plus I have heard that two other companies are working on releasing the OBD alone to buy. Infotainment will not sell it alone. They are greedy and hope they don’t sell anything. Also they offer 1,000 for the 12.1 and receiver in perfect shape so you guys add it up how much they are trying to make on the 2019 Ram 1500 DT owners. It’s a shame
i agree, anyone paying that in my eyes is absolutely crazy. will info sell you the 12" screen and module?

Troys 2019 bighorn

Reaction score
Does anyone live by Long Island NY that wants to do the upgrade to the 12.1 and has all the stuff to do it??? I have a programmer that said they will do it for free ??? Write me and I’ll get u in touch with them. Let’s get this working now

Troys 2019 bighorn

Reaction score
i agree, anyone paying that in my eyes is absolutely crazy. will info sell you the 12" screen and module?
Also what infotainment does not understand for 6,000 more from the bighorn u could get the fully loaded truck with all the bells and whistles included the 12.1!!! Please write me if u live by NY I have a programmer that is able to do this they just need ur Truck with the 12.1 the right receiver and the Lvds cable ready to go. Then he will program the truck. Then he will sell the programmer to the public.

RAMinNH

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for the 12" screen (without radio module). $400, free shipping.

RichM1983

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for the 12" screen (without radio module). $400, free shipping.

I messaged the guy and nabbed it. Payed him through paypal and sent money as goods and services so I won't get stiffed. Hope he comes through and its not a scam.

Thanks for the tip. That is the nicest/cheapest one I've found for sale online.

tomaszamarripa

Reaction score
I messaged the guy and nabbed it. Payed him through paypal and sent money as goods and services so I won't get stiffed. Hope he comes through and its not a scam.

Thanks for the tip. That is the nicest/cheapest one I've found for sale online.

If any one needs a UAX Module I can get them brand new however not cheap DM me I'f interested..
FYI only way to get one is if u get lucky and find a salvage yard or a wrecked one somewhere

RichM1983

Reaction score
Guys your the experts. I got my screen and it was wrapped up well but apparently UPS man handled it and it was scuffed. Looked perfect when seller sent it. See scuff below. Can you buy these scuffed pieces from RAM? I’m sure they are available because there are several different colors but can you actually order them?

Attachments

• D9112AC8-61B3-466A-9E89-DA553E5EBEE7.jpeg
    D9112AC8-61B3-466A-9E89-DA553E5EBEE7.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 251

RichM1983

Reaction score
Guys your the experts. I got my screen and it was wrapped up well but apparently UPS man handled it and it was scuffed. Looked perfect when seller sent it. See scuff below. Can you buy these scuffed pieces from RAM? I’m sure they are available because there are several different colors but can you actually order them?

Well I looked again at the back. The plastic tabs are melted to make the bezel pieces attached together. It looks like I’ll have to tape off the bezel and paint it. I don’t want to get into that. Anyone know how to match the color?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I looked again at the back. The plastic tabs are melted to make the bezel pieces attached together. It looks like I’ll have to tape off the bezel and paint it. I don’t want to get into that. Anyone know how to match the color?

I’d try cleaning it first. The scuff looks like something transferred to it and should clean up well I’d suspect. Maybe try some simply green or a good cleaner. The aluminum you might be able to gently polish out with a gentle abrasive sponge or polishing paper.

RichM1983

Reaction score
I’d try cleaning it first. The scuff looks like something transferred to it and should clean up well I’d suspect. Maybe try some simply green or a good cleaner. The aluminum you might be able to gently polish out with a gentle abrasive sponge or polishing paper.

I wish but its the gold that is scraped off.

The polished aluminum is actually plastic. Can't fix it.

I found on the MOPAR site a new bezel but its hundreds of dollars!

Users who are viewing this thread