5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Georgf

Reaction score
Going to be installing the radio today. Where does this black bracket go? 
It’s mounted on the back side of screen, between the screen and bezel, as additional support, see pic’s

Attachments

• 7D94DBBF-3D98-462A-B62E-C3349474246E.jpeg
    7D94DBBF-3D98-462A-B62E-C3349474246E.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 3D6D5019-A91B-499D-9580-A82F662AC8BE.jpeg
    3D6D5019-A91B-499D-9580-A82F662AC8BE.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 79

Shives

Reaction score
Big horn Bezel

6UV463XLAB
That’s gray, silver with the marble finish up top. This has been commonly called brown for some reason. It’s not brown.

How ever, I would like to make sure of a few things.

I have 8.4 non-navi 2019

I have my module already..
Buying the bezel, an screen. Do I need to buy the cell antenna, GPS antenna? Currently have 8.4 non-navi… Sirius sat, phone works through the 8.4.

I do want all options working.
I know I need the LVDS
I know I need to re-pin the factory harness to my current 8.4, and shave off the key/pin. Do I need the GPS antenna or is that built into the roof unit.

What would be absolutely amazing, is if we could post a sticky on top of this post/page like I see in other places with all the common questions. I understand part number matrix might be hard.

But, it would save a million posts, an questions if we had a simple matrix.

3-5 inch radio needs (dealing with blue plug for GPS I’ve seen)
8.4 non-navi Vs.
8.4 navi units.

Not being disrespectful, just looking to make this common topic a tad easy to figure out. So many great people have started helping, that are not able to help as much anymore. So, a compile of said Information would be epic.

Fact, the SEARCH feature in this forum is not any place as powerful as Google… which does make things a tad hard to double check 106 pages. Not trying to complain I’m sure tho someone will chime in how I suck at life. (Thank you very much)

The Google Docs I see is great…thanks so much. Maybe we can post the link, an update that doc?. brown big horn swirl should be updated. Lol.

I mean zero disrespect an very happy with all the help! Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Shives

Reaction score
If anyone wants to send me the information, i would be more then happy to complie it. Then anyone, maybe a MOD can make it a sticky. Really just trying to help, an assure.

Georgf

Reaction score
I have one more question, if my new 12” screen has Active Park Assist button, and my Truck equipped front and rear park sensors, and recently i added Blind Spot Monitor (BSM), is it possible to add (enable) Active Park Assist? There is no serching result for this point.

Last edited:

theRamguy

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that as I am sure it will help. Can you tell us where the best place is to get these parts? Do you remember part numbers by chance?
Thanks in advance.
Here is a quick write up on Part numbers. I have a few things for sale to save you. Some money

theRamguy

Reaction score
I have one more question, if my new 12” screen has Active Park Assist button, and my Truck equipped front and rear park sensors, and recently i added Blind Spot Monitor (BSM), is it possible to add (enable) Active Park Assist? There is no serching result for this point.
If your new screen has the buttons they will be non functional. It does not effect anything

theRamguy

Reaction score
If anyone wants to send me the information, i would be more then happy to complie it. Then anyone, maybe a MOD can make it a sticky. Really just trying to help, an assure.
I've made a pretty decent list. And I have steps on how to do it.

theRamguy

Reaction score
Did you get the part number for the Bighorn bezel? If so can you share it?
Part Number for bighorn is listed in my Google doc

theRamguy

Reaction score
Big horn Bezel

6UV463XLAB
That’s gray, silver with the marble finish up top. This has been commonly called brown for some reason. It’s not brown.

How ever, I would like to make sure of a few things.

I have 8.4 non-navi 2019

I have my module already..
Buying the bezel, an screen. Do I need to buy the cell antenna, GPS antenna? Currently have 8.4 non-navi… Sirius sat, phone works through the 8.4.

I do want all options working.
I know I need the LVDS
I know I need to re-pin the factory harness to my current 8.4, and shave off the key/pin. Do I need the GPS antenna or is that built into the roof unit.

What would be absolutely amazing, is if we could post a sticky on top of this post/page like I see in other places with all the common questions. I understand part number matrix might be hard.

But, it would save a million posts, an questions if we had a simple matrix.

3-5 inch radio needs (dealing with blue plug for GPS I’ve seen)
8.4 non-navi Vs.
8.4 navi units.

Not being disrespectful, just looking to make this common topic a tad easy to figure out. So many great people have started helping, that are not able to help as much anymore. So, a compile of said Information would be epic.

Fact, the SEARCH feature in this forum is not any place as powerful as Google… which does make things a tad hard to double check 106 pages. Not trying to complain I’m sure tho someone will chime in how I suck at life. (Thank you very much)

The Google Docs I see is great…thanks so much. Maybe we can post the link, an update that doc?. brown big horn swirl should be updated. Lol.

I mean zero disrespect an very happy with all the help! Thanks so much.
I made some updates to my google doc today to add pictures

Rjones0133

Reaction score
Still trying to locate the update file for 39.9 on the ucx Canada radio if anyone can help

Meen318

Reaction score
Finished with the swap and looks great. Thanks to all for the 2000 plus threads of information!

Attachments

• 20221116_062517.jpg
    20221116_062517.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 20221115_122445.jpg
    20221115_122445.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20221116_175943.jpg
    20221116_175943.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Hope the active members of this thread can help. I have a 2022 1500, got it with the 12" Uconnect 5 infotainment system...works great. Using AlfaOBD I added the Performance settings 24 hrs ago...the Performance and Off Road pages show up in my EVIC (the center instrument cluster), but can't get them to show up on the 12" screen. I did several ECU resets and even removed the NEG (-) battery cable for a few minutes...still no Performance pages on the screen. I have attempted to see what the Uconnect version is, by doing the touching at the bottom left and right of the screen...for 5 secs, 7secs, 10 secs, and longer...and still can't get the version info screen to display. I see mention here of getting Uconnect's upgraded to PR39.x. I think my truck is a mid year production and that it would have the latest and greatest software/firmware already installed.

Looking for some advice, tips, suggestions to help resolve my Performance pages displaying issue.

TMADERAM623

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if you answers this already. Im new to the forums. I just purchased a 2022 1500 Ram big horn with the 8.4 unconnect5 with nav. dual passenger climate with no lane assist. i also want to convert to an 12 inch screen. Ive seen post about 2019-2021 rams. Maybe im just overlooking the thread for 2022 compatibility. Has anybody with a 2022 1500 ram did this upgrade? thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread