5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
So here’s something extra that I’ve been working on for the past months instead of installing my brackets from shifts and grins. Complete from idea to measurements to fabricating/milling/bending my own materials to get this to work. Parts are off to powder coating right now and then I’ll do final install soon. Really excited this turned out well. Just sharing my idea but maybe an idea for @Shifts And Grins Fab if you think you could sell enough of them.
Awesome setup! This is what I wanted to do when I bought my Ram, but found out about the active grill shutters after buying it... would love to have a setup like this. On my old tacoma I added a mesh grill and had 7" round spots behind the grill and a 30" lightbar as well.
20220623_232156.jpg

Dyne

Reaction score
Awesome setup! This is what I wanted to do when I bought my Ram, but found out about the active grill shutters after buying it... would love to have a setup like this. On my old tacoma I added a mesh grill and had 7" round spots behind the grill and a 30" lightbar as well.
View attachment 139378
The active grille shutters can be removed without codes or cel coming on as long as you leave just the motor connected and zip tied up out of the way. That’s what I had to do. Then you have plenty of room to add behind the grille. Also there’s a company called Dark dune that makes a bracket that fits under the grille at the bumper to install those round lights you have if you don’t want to mess with the grille shutters.

Attachments

• BA86C0B9-DF8A-4ABE-8ADB-B63A34694744.png
    BA86C0B9-DF8A-4ABE-8ADB-B63A34694744.png
    473.4 KB · Views: 24

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The active grille shutters can be removed without codes or cel coming on as long as you leave just the motor connected and zip tied up out of the way. That’s what I had to do. Then you have plenty of room to add behind the grille. Also there’s a company called Dark dune that makes a bracket that fits under the grille at the bumper to install those round lights you have if you don’t want to mess with the grille shutters.
I’ve had to modify some of those of those brackets for customers running larger lights. Customers were getting so much bounce the lights were ineffective. They are probably great for smaller lights but customers running larger baja designs were getting a lot of bounce. We are releasing a bracket that can be used for that area soon. Super easy installation as well. Just finalizing testing and design on them.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I’ve had to modify some of those of those brackets for customers running larger lights. Customers were getting so much bounce the lights were ineffective. They are probably great for smaller lights but customers running larger baja designs were getting a lot of bounce. We are releasing a bracket that can be used for that area soon. Super easy installation as well. Just finalizing testing and design on them.
I may be more interested in these than running the 30" bar in the bumper to be honest. I'm def. watching for a post on them haha

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I don't want to remove anything on my Limited. Like to keep the active air dam. Normally this saturday I will install the RC 30" light bar as it will get delivered today or tomorrow.

As far as I thought it was quite plug and play to install the brackets, especially the 3rd gen brackets. And it is just by using the existing wholes and bolts to add the bracket. Cause I am far from an expert but will do it with a friend and the help of this topic and youtube. Will also try to make pictures or video myself for you guys here.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I don't want to remove anything on my Limited. Like to keep the active air dam. Normally this saturday I will install the RC 30" light bar as it will get delivered today or tomorrow.

As far as I thought it was quite plug and play to install the brackets, especially the 3rd gen brackets. And it is just by using the existing wholes and bolts to add the bracket. Cause I am far from an expert but will do it with a friend and the help of this topic and youtube. Will also try to make pictures or video myself for you guys here.
I have I stalled alot of parts on trucks over the years. The actual brackets were not crazy difficult to install, their big challenge was getting into the area. Very tight working area.

My Bighorn had a solid grill in front of the light mount spot that had to be opened up. That was a horrible, horrible job. Such a tight area, with a crazy # of clips and bolts to hold a simple piece of plastic in place.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Install our brackets under the active air dam brackets and you should be fine. Let us know if you have any questions.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have I stalled alot of parts on trucks over the years. The actual brackets were not crazy difficult to install, their big challenge was getting into the area. Very tight working area.

My Bighorn had a solid grill in front of the light mount spot that had to be opened up. That was a horrible, horrible job. Such a tight area, with a crazy # of clips and bolts to hold a simple piece of plastic in place.
On our webpage we have the part number to replace the grill if you have the solid one.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
On our webpage we have the part number to replace the grill if you have the solid one.
I went and bought a replacement grill since I had a solid one since I was told by many sites it was needed. After removing the grill to swap it over, I just took the solid part out of the grill and reinstalled the mesh part with sensors and everything. Now I have a brand new useless grill I don't need, and cant return.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I went and bought a replacement grill since I had a solid one since I was told by many sites it was needed. After removing the grill to swap it over, I just took the solid part out of the grill and reinstalled the mesh part with sensors and everything. Now I have a brand new useless grill I don't need, and cant return.
Many people, almost all if you do not have a diesel version, will have a closed solid grill part as we all need to swap to the open (or diesel) version of the lower grill

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Off question; On doing the EcoDiesel grill in the bumper. How simple is it to pop out? Had not paid much attention and i'm close to getting my grille here so i can get this done now that the weather is cooling off some.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Off question; On doing the EcoDiesel grill in the bumper. How simple is it to pop out? Had not paid much attention and i'm close to getting my grille here so i can get this done now that the weather is cooling off some.
I personally haven't installed one on an ecodiesel so hopefully someone that has can chime in. I have a local customer with an ecodiesel that may be interested in one but I haven't heard for sure yet.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
What year and model is your truck? It was my understanding the solid grills were one piece. All of the light bars I have personally installed have had the mesh lower grill but had a U shaped solid piece that unclips very easily from the backside. Perhaps you can sell your grill to someone on here that needs one. We sell a lot of these brackets so I know a lot of people are buying the replacement grills. Perhaps someone that needs one can buy it off of you and help both of you out?

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
What year and model is your truck? It was my understanding the solid grills were one piece. All of the light bars I have personally installed have had the mesh lower grill but had a U shaped solid piece that unclips very easily from the backside. Perhaps you can sell your grill to someone on here that needs one. We sell a lot of these brackets so I know a lot of people are buying the replacement grills. Perhaps someone that needs one can buy it off of you and help both of you out?
19' Bighorn with a hemi.

I don't know how mine compares to other trucks, but it seems to be 100% stock.

Before I pulled the grill filler, it was solid, but had a honey comb shape over the solid. Since I read it in multiple places, I bought the grill before starting the install. After removing the grill piece, I looked at it and it was 2 pieces, so I separated them, and the grill piece was exact to what I had ordered. Reinstalled the one I took off and all has been fine.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
19' Bighorn with a hemi.

I don't know how mine compares to other trucks, but it seems to be 100% stock.

Before I pulled the grill filler, it was solid, but had a honey comb shape over the solid. Since I read it in multiple places, I bought the grill before starting the install. After removing the grill piece, I looked at it and it was 2 pieces, so I separated them, and the grill piece was exact to what I had ordered. Reinstalled the one I took off and all has been fine.
That’s interesting. First time hearing that. If you want to sell the piece you bought, I’m sure someone on here needs it.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score

I just went straight to the bumper. I actually like the look better and a bit more “theft proof.”

Attachments

• BC840782-4057-40E6-97FD-130981D0922F.jpeg
    BC840782-4057-40E6-97FD-130981D0922F.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread