5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
What trim is your truck? I don't think anyone has done a video of the replacing the lower grill but I don't think it is difficult either. If you have the active air dam you will remove the two bolts on the support bracket for active air dam and slide our brackets underneath it and reinstall the factory bolts. Let me know if you have any questions during the installation.
I have a BigHorn. Do I have the active air dam? I thought all the trims did....Ive only owned the truck for 2 weeks so not very knowledgeable on it.

I have a 30" single row bar ready to go in. Had the same bar mounted on my Tacoma. It got some moisture in it and got warrantied, but never got it reinstalled before trading it in. I was very happy with the extra light before. Not sure if the Rams halogen highs are weak, or Im just so used to extra lights on the front. In addition to the 30" lightbar, I had a pair of 7" spots behind my grill. All hooked up to the high beams.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I have a BigHorn. Do I have the active air dam? I thought all the trims did....Ive only owned the truck for 2 weeks so not very knowledgeable on it.

I have a 30" single row bar ready to go in. Had the same bar mounted on my Tacoma. It got some moisture in it and got warrantied, but never got it reinstalled before trading it in. I was very happy with the extra light before. Not sure if the Rams halogen highs are weak, or Im just so used to extra lights on the front. In addition to the 30" lightbar, I had a pair of 7" spots behind my grill. All hooked up to the high beams.

It seems not that many connect it to the high beams (but I can be wrong), but that is what I want to have (or to do) too.
I bought the RC wifi remote so I can put it on and off when outside of the truck but I hope I can also hook it up to the high beams, cause otherwise you will hardly use it while driving.

I only wonder with the automatic high beams how blinding it will be when traffic signs or other items reflect back to me :D

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
It seems not that many connect it to the high beams (but I can be wrong), but that is what I want to have (or to do) too.
I bought the RC wifi remote so I can put it on and off when outside of the truck but I hope I can also hook it up to the high beams, cause otherwise you will hardly use it while driving.

I only wonder with the automatic high beams how blinding it will be when traffic signs or other items reflect back to me :D
Im doing basically the same setup I did on my last truck as it worked so well. Having it on a separate switch on the dash somewhere makes it harder to turn on/off for traffic and whatnot. I figure if I need the extra light of a lightbar, I need my high beams already. I do not have auto high beams so didn't consider that, but it could definitely play in for those that do.

On my Tacoma I used a add-a-circuit in the fuse box. It was hooked up to the high beam circuit and went to the relay. Was nice because nothing was done to the wires of the high beams in order to trigger the relay. Since the ram doesn't have a high beam circuit I need to use a wire tap.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

As others mentioned, you'll have to look underneath your truck to see if you have the active air dam or not but the brackets and light will work just fine either way.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie, So if i'm understanding this right I may have to flip my brackets to get the bar to sit center? They are not the newest revision but they are from the prior style. Just trying to paint that picture. As i'm about to do the suspension and new tires and I was planning to install this as well. As I have been sitting on the brackets for a good bit and my Trigger4 kit for switches. I was just holding off until I got the oil filter relocation kit installed. And that's done now so ready for the fun stuff.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie, So if i'm understanding this right I may have to flip my brackets to get the bar to sit center? They are not the newest revision but they are from the prior style. Just trying to paint that picture. As i'm about to do the suspension and new tires and I was planning to install this as well. As I have been sitting on the brackets for a good bit and my Trigger4 kit for switches. I was just holding off until I got the oil filter relocation kit installed. And that's done now so ready for the fun stuff.
We have tweaked and updated the design so now you don't need to do that. Yo will remove the two bolts on the active air dam bracket that bolt to the bumper support and slip our bracket underneath. You will then reinstall the factory bolts. Here are some photos showing that:
20220704_231805.JPG 20220710_141558.JPG

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
We have tweaked and updated the design so now you don't need to do that. Yo will remove the two bolts on the active air dam bracket that bolt to the bumper support and slip our bracket underneath. You will then reinstall the factory bolts. Here are some photos showing that:
I understand they are redesigned. But the ones I have are not the newest revision.. they are the older style. So I was just trying to clarify what was needed to get this mounted up.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
That's almost where I am lol. I usually acquire a "wave" of related parts and to it all in a group. Especially on the "fun" cars. Wife gets annoyed at times with the Saleen parts pilling for doint the front suspension and a tubular k member.. I got the rear done last year and all freshened up. Now i'm working on the front parts acquisition.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Ok good to know. As I assume I have the latest revision. I had the parts ordered in May and they have stickers on it showing what is passenger and what is driver. So in my mind I was already thinking I may not forget to do it the other way around for the Limited trim.

But if I understand correctly the latest revision has the passenger sticker on the bracket for the passenger. Good to know :)

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the amber light bar look amber/orange when turned off? I kinda hope so bc it would match the fog covers I got from Lamin-x. Also, those of you with the amber light - did you get driving, flood, or combo light pattern? My main use for it is simply fog when we do get it & according to the photos on here & on the website it’s bright enough even on just a dark night. I have a combo light from RC for my Cherokee with both colors that I like - minus the RC wiring diagram & instructions. Planning on going with Diode this time.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I clearly wasn't getting notifications for a while and missed a lot. I apologize for the questions asked that I had not responded to. The newest version sits underneath the active air dam bracket if it has active air dam. The previous versions were too long to fit underneath and people did a variety of things including swapping driver to passenger and passenger to driver. Some shipped them back to me and I cut them down to the specs of the newest version. Some did that themselves. Let me know how I can help if you have an older version.

As for the amber color, I will post a photo below. It is darker when the light is off.

For the beam pattern, it totally depends what you are looking for. I am running the combo on our truck and I am very happy with it. I need to get some time to get photos and video when it's dark outside so I can show everyone the coverage. The light sits a little closer to the grill on the 5th gen Ram 1500 than it does on the TRX so that helps a little for you all too.

IMG_2166.jpg IMG_2167.jpg IMG_2169.jpg

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also for those of you who decided to have it switch operated instead of wired into the high beams (I’d like to go separate switch also - always have, always will) do you have any photos of your interior switch & any recommendations? Hoping to make it as clean looking as possible. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread