5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine does have the active lower air dam.

And watching fowlers video, it looks like my bumper supports weren’t the same as his. I can crawl under with a. GoPro and make a video showing the alternate mounting method.

Overall it was easy to mount. The replacement of the front grill section was the biggest pita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Mine does have the active lower air dam.

And watching fowlers video, it looks like my bumper supports weren’t the same as his. I can crawl under with a. GoPro and make a video showing the alternate mounting method.

Overall it was easy to mount. The replacement of the front grill section was the biggest pita.

The spot where you mounted your brackets is the same spot but the Rebel and some other trucks don't have that added bumper support you mounted your Shifts And Grins brackets under. Others have done other things like switch driver's side bracket to passenger side and passenger to driver etc. A Go Pro video would be awesome. 99% of these brackets we sell go out of state or out of the country so we just haven't had the opportunity to play with these brackets on many other trim levels. We have made slight changes to the brackets on a fe runs based on talking to and listening to customers. Our goal is always to make the best product we can for the easiest install process for our customer. Thank you for posting this and the information you've passed on.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
No problem, I did mess with switching brackets but that would have made the bar a little lower.

The fwd/aft slots really helped with the position, if I didn’t have the parking sensors I could have made the bar very snug against the grill which is a nice option.

I could see just making the mounting brackets taller and adding two holes. Use the lower hole for rebels, and the upper hole for the other trim models.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
No problem, I did mess with switching brackets but that would have made the bar a little lower.

The fwd/aft slots really helped with the position, if I didn’t have the parking sensors I could have made the bar very snug against the grill which is a nice option.

I could see just making the mounting brackets taller and adding two holes. Use the lower hole for rebels, and the upper hole for the other trim models.

The people that switched sides on the brackets used mounting holes inboard (same bumper support but closer to the center of the truck if that makes sense) and instead of the portion of our bracket bolting up outboard of the light bar they bolted them inboard of the light bar. This allowed the offset portion of the bracket to remain in the up position to keep the light bar higher. Hard to explain without photos and or a video so I hope that makes sense.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
This is a closer look how I mounted it. I took a quick vid.

e6c769935e04c9c36e4a9827cf1b3672.jpg

Last edited:

Tankbrt

Reaction score

I will be doing this mod myself very soon, And like you I have the active air damn as well. I will be milling 1/2" aluminum spacers to go between the top bracket bolt hole and the bumper frame to give the angle necessary to center the light bar in the grill using the inverted bracket method others have used if that makes any sense

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
watch my video. You won’t be able to do that if you mount them where I did. You could drill new holes and mount them Inward

Tankbrt

Reaction score
watch my video. You won’t be able to do that if you mount them where I did. You could drill new holes and mount them Inward

I will be mounting them inverted. How does your beam throw look with it being in the lower part of the grill? if it isn't effected to badly I may not even bother with the inverted brackets and spacer..

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

If the brackets get swapped sides and our portion of the bracket is mounted inboard of the bar it catches some factory holes from other installs i've seen. I do like how you did it though. I linked your video and waterfowlers video in the description on the page now.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Yep it can, but the holes are just too small so they have to be drilled out. That was my first plan.

And I haven’t driven my truck at night to test it yet. I don’t see there being much of an issue, when I had that bar mounted in my Silverado grill, it was in a similar position and worked well.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yep it can, but the holes are just too small so they have to be drilled out. That was my first plan.

And I haven’t driven my truck at night to test it yet. I don’t see there being much of an issue, when I had that bar mounted in my Silverado grill, it was in a similar position and worked well.

I think it will work great. I can't wait to see it. I think your option is the one I like best so far. It uses the holes this brackets was designed to use in the first place. Great work and great install.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I read the full topic. So for now I understand that for a '22 Limited no extra holes need to be drilled but the bar just sits a bit lower. Which I guess is still fine. As I am from Europe it would not be easy and cheap. Also cause I am not the handy guy that figures it out myself. Will have to ask a friend or a shop to install it for me.

Also an other question. Cause the lower grill needs to be replaced by an open one. Is it easier to place the light bar via that way when the grill is not in place? Or does the bumper need to go off to replace the closed lower grill with the open lower grill?

I was planning on buying the Rough Country 30" lightbar. To make it an easy install and still having a quality led bar instead of a 50 dollar Aliexpress brand.

This one has no DRL function and is Length: 31.37-inches

or this one, with DRL function and is Length: 32.1875-inches

Will they both fit?

Last edited:

Tankbrt

Reaction score
I read the full topic. So for now I understand that for a '22 Limited no extra holes need to be drilled but the bar just sits a bit lower. Which I guess is still fine. As I am from Europe it would not be easy and cheap. Also cause I am not the handy guy that figures it out myself. Will have to ask a friend or a shop to install it for me.

Also an other question. Cause the lower grill needs to be replaced by an open one. Is it easier to place the light bar via that way when the grill is not in place? Or does the bumper need to go off to replace the closed lower grill with the open lower grill?

I was planning on buying the Rough Country 30" lightbar. To make it an easy install and still having a quality led bar instead of a 50 dollar Aliexpress brand.

No need to pull the bumper off. It's held in with clips and 8mm anchor bolts. It's about 10-15 minute job from underneath the front end. I can't speak for the limited, but on my lonestar I inverted the brackets and had them facing outward and had to drill the 2 lower holes. In all it took about an hour including the replacement of the vented lower grill. I will note that with the lower section of my single row light bar is blocked by the bottom of the grill. I will be making an adjustment to the mounts and adding a dual row bar.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

This one has no DRL function and is Length: 31.37-inches

or this one, with DRL function and is Length: 32.1875-inches

Will they both fit?
There is adjustments that can be made in the brackets. I believe both bars would work just fine but I haven’t tested them. People run lots of different bars with these brackets but we’ve only tested the Diode Dynamics bar. The newest version of our brackets fits underneath the extra support bracket and a few people have installed under that bracket. I’ll link a video to show you what I mean.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
Hello, people who have this setup. I bought a 19' Ram 2 weeks ago, and first thing I got for it was these brackets to hold a 30" light bar I have already. They are currently in the mail to me. Thanks @shiftsfor the fast service.
I bought the replacement grill cover from some place else as mine is solid. I have seen the video for installing the lightbar/brackets, but is there a video for replacing g the grill with parking sensors? I haven't really gotten under the truck to look around but wouldn't mind a help video.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, people who have this setup. I bought a 19' Ram 2 weeks ago, and first thing I got for it was these brackets to hold a 30" light bar I have already. They are currently in the mail to me. Thanks @shiftsfor the fast service.
I bought the replacement grill cover from some place else as mine is solid. I have seen the video for installing the lightbar/brackets, but is there a video for replacing g the grill with parking sensors? I haven't really gotten under the truck to look around but wouldn't mind a help video.
What trim is your truck? I don't think anyone has done a video of the replacing the lower grill but I don't think it is difficult either. If you have the active air dam you will remove the two bolts on the support bracket for active air dam and slide our brackets underneath it and reinstall the factory bolts. Let me know if you have any questions during the installation.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I hope you have a Limited so I can see it.
My lightbar is suppose to arrive next month or in September and I have a Limited. So will try to make a video of the removal/installation of the open lower grill and the installation of the brackets + 30" RC lightbar.

Users who are viewing this thread